PDC 2018 Tour Calender

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC 2018 Tour Calender

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:So is this the dreaded news the bdo/counties were fearing or not?
Nope, nothing at all to announce

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Bruce Terrett
Superleague Player

Re: PDC 2018 Tour Calender

Post by Bruce Terrett »

Challenge Tour in Peterborough?
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

The rumoured 1 a day Challenge tours events ain't happening I see.

This may make a few change there mind about going
JFT97
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Bag Carrier wrote:The rumoured 1 a day Challenge tours events ain't happening I see.

In what way?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Addicks Fan wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:The rumoured 1 a day Challenge tours events ain't happening I see.

In what way?
Was going to ask the same question.

Seems like a lot of folk were considering the pdc option. Enough that was causing tt and Paul to sweat a little.

So if the 'threat' is now over, for whatever reason, what does this tell us? That the pdc just don't put the bdo into their thinking/decision making at all? That the pdc are not trying to thwart the bdo or entice their loyal players?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Addicks Fan wrote:

In what way?
Many were expecting 1 event per day. If they continue to get the 200+ per event they getting and that increases, Tou could be sitting there for 4/5hrs if your knocked out the first Comp early.

Main complaints was start time, Finish time and waiting time between events if you out early.
JFT97
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

A lot of senior PDC sources were saying increased CT events etc , not bad news for the BICC as clashes are uk open qualifiers and Euro events , my worry is more for the tour system which is losing entries and we now have an increased Euro tour and a European QS !
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC 2018 Tour Calender

Post by ifm »

Bag Carrier wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:

In what way?
Many were expecting 1 event per day. If they continue to get the 200+ per event they getting and that increases, Tou could be sitting there for 4/5hrs if your knocked out the first Comp early.

Main complaints was start time, Finish time and waiting time between events if you out early.
200+ where?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Bag Carrier wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:

In what way?

Only a darts player could find fault with increased playing opportunities.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

IIRC the only Challenge/Development/Youth events to get more than 200 entries have been the very first weekends in a given season. Not sure I've ever seen more than 180 at any other time of the year.

Anyway, should be easy to deal with it for the PDC if they wanted to - no open signups for the Challenge Tour (i.e. must play QS), and no participation right for players who score zero points in Q School. :)
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Dannyboy wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:

In what way?

Complaints were actually from officials running them. :DDD:
JFT97
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I can't believe people are moaning about having to wait 5 hours before playing a game of darts.

That has really shocked me.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

the bubble bursting must have been postponed
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Bag Carrier wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:

In what way?

Complaints were actually from officials running them. :DDD:
So not the players then.

TBH Ive always thought doing Qschool and the Development tour as 4 tournaments a weekend make sense. There is less money in it so you cant afford the cost of going away for multiple weekends a year, cut the weekends down by half and it massively cuts the costs of going to them.

I still dont get why Duzza moans about having to do Qschool 5 days after the lakeside final yet didnt have a go at the Challenge tour route. He could be sat with a tour card right now with his mind completely on defending his title.
Bram_1900
County Player

Post by Bram_1900 »

What I do not completely get is why they expand the q school and on the same page make a tour card more worthless by increasing the number of European Tour events to 13. They main benefit of having a tour card is that you are qualified for all the pc's. With the PDC going more to an audience centered tour where players do not play in nearly empty halls for a few people like they use to do in Wigan or Barnsley but for a full hall with people, the importance of the players championships has been on decline the last few years.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Bram_1900 wrote:What I do not completely get is why they expand the q school and on the same page make a tour card more worthless by increasing the number of European Tour events to 13. They main benefit of having a tour card is that you are qualified for all the pc's. With the PDC going more to an audience centered tour where players do not play in nearly empty halls for a few people like they use to do in Wigan or Barnsley but for a full hall with people, the importance of the players championships has been on decline the last few years.
They did address the euro tour thing slightly last year where only the top 30 from the qschool o can enter euro events.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Bram_1900 wrote:What I do not completely get is why they expand the q school and on the same page make a tour card more worthless by increasing the number of European Tour events to 13. They main benefit of having a tour card is that you are qualified for all the pc's. With the PDC going more to an audience centered tour where players do not play in nearly empty halls for a few people like they use to do in Wigan or Barnsley but for a full hall with people, the importance of the players championships has been on decline the last few years.
They did address the euro tour thing slightly last year where only the top 30 from the qschool o can enter euro events.
I thought was only British players in the UK qualifiers. There are no restrictions with the Scandinavian, European or Home Nation qualifiers. Just have to be based in Europe.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Surely the reasoning is to expand the game , can't expect to see the worlds best to descend to Barnsley and Wigan all the time .
Forget the NDB methinks a tie up with the WDF is quite possible , say for instance if PDC get recognised by uk sport as the governing body for darts in the uk , maybe WDF might be persuaded to take over the WC from the BDO , heard a few rumours in France that WDF are thinking of taking a more active role .
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

There's no way the PDC will allow the WDF to dictate anything. It's the PDC's way or the highway - and rightly so.

The WDF do nothing for world darts.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Dannyboy wrote:There's no way the PDC will allow the WDF to dictate anything. It's the PDC's way or the highway - and rightly so.

The WDF do nothing for world darts.
Where do I say the WDF would dictate to PDC ffs you are getting IFmitis !!!
As the worlds governing body of darts the WDF would be an asset to the PDC , for years the WDF was in all honesty an extension of Ollies BDO and a vehicle which allowed the BDO to run a WC , it would seem a natural attraction to an ever expanding PDC especially worldwide, the only thing the BDO has to offer is a world champs .
Many WDF affiliated countries play on PDC World Cup would seem a natural progression to me .
Has been noticed that the Dutch gen sec of the WDF was in Vegas for the recent PDC event there , even though the WDF Europe cup was being held in Sweden ............although I suppose he could have been there to play the slots , also Bill Hatter was at Matchplay 2016 in Blackpool .