Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: BDO Diary 2018

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
craigmc wrote:Very overrated player for me Jeff Smith. Another mid 80 average plodder
He's a good, solid player, not spectacular but consistent.
Having spent a full two days of my Vegas holiday watching the North American qualifiers, there are many players who are capable on their day, of playing at a higher level than Jeff Smith. Over and above the 8 qualifiers for the US Darts Masters, Leonard Gates, Ken MacNeil and David Fatum amongst numerous others performed far better than Smith, and personally don't think he would qualify should he go to Q School.
You are aware he already went once and qualified?
:grin:
You can't teach pork.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Rout
International

Re: BDO Diary 2018

Post by Rout »

And that it's probably not a good idea to judge a players entire darting ability and potential based on one weekend of darts.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
craigmc wrote:Very overrated player for me Jeff Smith. Another mid 80 average plodder
Having spent a full two days of my Vegas holiday watching the North American qualifiers, there are many players who are capable on their day, of playing at a higher level than Jeff Smith. Over and above the 8 qualifiers for the US Darts Masters, Leonard Gates, Ken MacNeil and David Fatum amongst numerous others performed far better than Smith, and personally don't think he would qualify should he go to Q School.
You can't teach pork.
If you are trying to use a derogatory phrase please try and use it correctly, the phrase is:

You cannot educate pork you can only cure it.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote: He's a good, solid player, not spectacular but consistent.
You can't teach pork.
If you are trying to use a derogatory phrase please try and use it correctly, the phrase is:

I was attempting TT's bastardisation of it though my memory is not great.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Surely the point is why would he go again.

Hes already done it once and realized he couldn't do the full tour, why go again unless hes going to move over here for a few months.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Ginge wrote:You are aware he already went once and qualified?
Much less depth in Q School back in 2012. That said, I'd still expect him to get through if he gave it a shot again. He's vulnerable to random players throwing a 100+ average at him because he doesn't seem to have the extra gear to match that too often, but consistently throwing mid to high 80s with good checkout rates probably goes a long way in Q School.

Of course, depending on how many cards the PDC shuffles over to the new Euro QS, it could be a lot tougher to qualify for one through the points table now. (Smith won his card outright in 2012, not sure that would happen again.)
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
You can't teach pork.

I was attempting TT's bastardisation of it though my memory is not great.
I see, apologies
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Zeyes wrote:
Ginge wrote:You are aware he already went once and qualified?
Much less depth in Q School back in 2012. That said, I'd still expect him to get through if he gave it a shot again. He's vulnerable to random players throwing a 100+ average at him because he doesn't seem to have the extra gear to match that too often, but consistently throwing mid to high 80s with good checkout rates probably goes a long way in Q School.

Of course, depending on how many cards the PDC shuffles over to the new Euro QS, it could be a lot tougher to qualify for one through the points table now. (Smith won his card outright in 2012, not sure that would happen again.)
What exactly do you base this on?
Were you there?
Were the games recorded for analysis and comparison?
I'll leave your assessment of Mr Smiths ability to one side for the moment.

Madsocks
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I'd say the vast majority, if not all dart players are vulnerable if their opponent is throwing a ton plus average.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Rout wrote:I'd say the vast majority, if not all dart players are vulnerable if their opponent is throwing a ton plus average.
Irrelevant
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Ginge wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
Fully aware of that Ginge.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

The fanboys really demonstrating their ignorance in this thread, maybe just stick to irrational hatred of the BDO than talking actual darts?

Madsocks
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ifm wrote:Maybe Mr Smith should forward his itinerary onto the BDO so they can build the calendar around him.
If only the BDO had a players' rep who could address these issues......
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
ifm wrote:Maybe Mr Smith should forward his itinerary onto the BDO so they can build the calendar around him.
That one has been done, the fanboys obsession with Mr Jacklin is still in evidence.

Madsocks
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ifm wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
That one has been done, the fanboys obsession with Mr Jacklin is still in evidence.
Stop chomping.

I actually agree with much of your stuff in this thread.
I was at Q School in 2012 and the standard was as tough as it is now.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The BDO are clearly idiots for agreeing to give points to an event that currently clashes with the World Championship, then.

Although it does say "awaiting date confirmation"
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:The fanboys really demonstrating their ignorance in this thread, maybe just stick to irrational hatred of the BDO than talking actual darts?
Irrational? I would say some may have good cause to hate what the BDO have done and are doing to the top end of the game.
Booji Boy
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: BDO Diary 2018

Post by Booji Boy »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
ifm wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Stop chomping.

I actually agree with much of your stuff in this thread.
I was at Q School in 2012 and the standard was as tough as it is now.
The calibre of player entering qs is higher than it was five years ago. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Evidence?
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

DavidOwen67 wrote:Evidence?
None, as with Zzzzzeds

Madsocks