BDO Diary 2018

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Addicks Fan
County Player

BDO Diary 2018

Post by Addicks Fan »

Well, it's appeared on their website, and looks very similar to this year's, with one notable omission - no World Trophy! At least the Masters has a firm slot in the calendar. Other than that, very similar, with a weekend in Luxembourg added in the summer.

http://www.bdodarts.com/diary-2018-ranked.php
Ginge
International

Re: BDO Diary 2018

Post by Ginge »

Belfry and Bruges Open taking the space on the late May Bank Holiday weekend instead.

Interesting.

World Masters with no venue though...
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Also no British Internationals or Six Nations unless I am being blind.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:Belfry and Bruges Open taking the space on the late May Bank Holiday weekend instead.

Interesting.

World Masters with no venue though...
What a shock.
Clueless.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Well if its going ahead it going to be on one of the free weekends, unless they do the dirty on an existing event like they did with the Welsh a few years back

Free weekends:

Feb 24/25
Mar 31/Apr 1
Last edited by Ginge on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Big Jock Knew
mc1958
Superleague Player

Post by mc1958 »

Ginge wrote:Also no British Internationals or Six Nations unless I am being blind.

British Internationals are 13-15 April and 6 Nations is 22-24 June - the link in the first post is ranked events only, not the full calendar
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

mc1958 wrote:
Ginge wrote:Also no British Internationals or Six Nations unless I am being blind.

British Internationals are 13-15 April and 6 Nations is 22-24 June - the link in the first post is ranked events only, not the full calendar
I see. So one clashes with the Austrian Open and the other with the LDO Ladies Classic. Bet they are both thrilled.

Means there are only 2 free weekends where the WDT can go as one of the 4 free weekends on the ranked list (the December one) is a county weekend and the other in July is the Youth Festival.
Big Jock Knew
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Ginge wrote:I see. So one clashes with the Austrian Open and the other with the LDO Ladies Classic. Bet they are both thrilled.
The Austrian Open is usually a Cat D and attracts basically none of the touring players anyway, so doubt it'll be losing any potential entrants to the international event.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Zeyes wrote:
Ginge wrote:I see. So one clashes with the Austrian Open and the other with the LDO Ladies Classic. Bet they are both thrilled.
The Austrian Open is usually a Cat D and attracts basically none of the touring players anyway, so doubt it'll be losing any potential entrants to the international event.
Oh No!
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Thought Fitton said it was changing...

Also almost every event either says awaiting date confirmation or awaiting application form. The assumption is quite a few of the events will happen as usual but could still be a few changes. The edo don't seem to have even got there house in order yet.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

The Jolly Man wrote:Thought Fitton said it was changing...

Also almost every event either says awaiting date confirmation or awaiting application form. The assumption is quite a few of the events will happen as usual but could still be a few changes. The edo don't seem to have even got there house in order yet.
Believe it or not this is better than usual! At least the Masters is back on a weekend...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Addicks Fan wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:Thought Fitton said it was changing...

Believe it or not this is better than usual! At least the Masters is back on a weekend...
Maybe the move to midweek will be a resounding success and they will move it back to a Wednesday finish :IIII:
Big Jock Knew
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

ChrisW wrote:
Zeyes wrote:
Oh No!
Heh, ChrisW thinking he's spotted an attack post even though it was just a comment on these events being sensibly scheduled.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Is it just me or sticking everything as the same weekend as last weekend with "Awaiting date confirmation" and "The BDO cannot accept responsibility for errors which may occur in any of the tournament information provided. All enquiries should be addressed directly to the tournament organisers." is pointless?

its essentially just copy and pasting the 2017 dates with "well we hope its going be like that, we havent actually got a fucking clue"

Also sticking the Masters date where the World Cup seems like another fuck you to the World cup in Japan. Says they would have put it on a weekend but everyone is at the world cup on the otherside of the world.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Is it just me or sticking everything as the same weekend as last weekend with "Awaiting date confirmation" and "The BDO cannot accept responsibility for errors which may occur in any of the tournament information provided. All enquiries should be addressed directly to the tournament organisers." is pointless?

its essentially just copy and pasting the 2017 dates with "well we hope its going be like that, we havent actually got a fekkin clue"

Also sticking the Masters date where the World Cup seems like another fek you to the World cup in Japan. Says they would have put it on a weekend but everyone is at the world cup on the otherside of the world.
The World Cup isn't on next year. Its the Europe Cup (Sep 25 - 29) instead.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Zeyes wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Zeyes wrote:
Oh No!
Heh, ChrisW thinking he's spotted an attack post even though it was just a comment on these events being sensibly scheduled.
:roll:
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

So another full calendar eh?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I doubt the world trophy is happening. If it is it would be low key in feb
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

ifm wrote:So another full calendar eh?
Would seem so, almost every event still requires confirmation though. Also one "major" dropped so wonder if that could affect GSOD places
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:So another full calendar eh?
Its too full for me, to do the BDO tour now your nearly out on tour most weekends of the year. Remember the previous complaints that people didnt want to do the PDC tour because of the amount of weekends you had to commit to?

Id much prefer it if the BDO (Or EDO) went down the multiple tournaments over less weekends route. Have the big events go an extra day and have a Cat A and a Cat B there pr two cat As