EDO now England Darts.

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
devosteve
International

EDO now England Darts.

Post by devosteve »

Interesting meeting yesterday heated on a few occasions, probably my fault, however I am a black/white guy, don’t like the pretence of some people stabbing you in the back, whilst trying to be nicey nicey. Never lived my life like this, fair to say the last several months have been extremely difficult with the abuse I have had to endure on social media. I don’t mind criticism; don’t mind people not liking me. However I cannot abide people with double standards, they want to hold me and the organisations I am involved in to different sets of accountability, whilst colluding, and working to prevent any sort of dialogue on a different day, at a different meeting.

I heard the words respect being used yesterday and I agree, but how on earth does anyone expect respect to be a one way street. It is like little Johnny going to school getting attacked by the school bully, then expecting the following day to get another slap, that it is his fault the bully feels it necessary to hit him. What does he do stand up to the bully irrespective of being hit or move to another school. Well England has been like that for the past few years, however enough is enough now, you want to put up with the situation going on now you can, we are not.

Anyway we had a fantastic meeting on Saturday, really enthusiastic, new initiatives on the table, new incentives coming shortly for people who feel they want to be part of England Darts. I know we haven’t the finance to reinvent the wheel so to speak, but within our abilities we feel we can bring together dart players, in England for a common cause, where Joe Smith playing in the Dog & Duck in Gateshead is just as important as Scott Mitchell our National captain. Darts for all, and not just trawling out the mantra then behind the scenes doing all you possibly can to preclude these same players as irrelevant.

There is no doubting after recent events England needs to get on with looking after the needs of England, its current membership and potential future members. We need to look at all darts currently held in England and where alliances can be built for the common good. We need to encourage our Counties to run opens, which when included together give players from around England a common goal, and common rewards. Youth will be addressed very shortly, and we will be looking at all the organisations who run youth to get on board, we will be asking the mums and dads who support their children through these early years, what their views are.
Personally with my illness and passing years, I have been very concerned for the future of England Darts, where it was going and who could not only take it there, but defend the organisation, because trust me, that has been the biggest agenda we have had to do, for the last few years. I came away from the meeting on Saturday, with a optimism that things are being put in place, which will secure our future, as one person who has joined us said, England’s biggest positive, is our Integrity, The Integrity we have in the market place, we will work together with anyone, we are not seen as having any hidden agenda’s against any other organisation, likewise we don’t actively involve ourselves on the destruction of others.

I would like to particularly thank everyone on Real Darts Fanatics for their support, and I will be posting regularly as always, but we have made a decision that for England Darts announcements etc, we will be using our newly brought in site England Darts, it is part of a rebranding exercise where we will distance ourselves from the name BDO. What people have to realise is that we are not the BDO, they are not our governing body, we are an independent company and it has been detrimental to us, that everyone automatically assumes we are, so for that reason, we need to start to promote our own brand name which is England Darts (not EDO).
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Re: EDO now England Darts.

Post by devosteve »

TT and England darts still fighting.

what do we think of the re branding?

I think it makes sense.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zzzzzzzzzz
Big Jock Knew
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Gamesmanship...

Clearly making a play at the BDO.

Saying we want to work with/form alliances with other english based dart organisations. So PDC and JDC no doubt

Biggest public statement against the BDO to date and must surely put huge pressure on the BDO board. It's a clever/ interesting move.

They know the BDO are holding them back doing things so now wanting to move away from it. It's a risk somewhat as they could end up in the wilderness though they are obviously feeling like that anyway.
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

So the man who continously bangs on about loyalty and critices the now PDC players for not showing any wants to break away from the BDO for the good of the game. Am I stuck in a time warp?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

billyd wrote:So the man who continously bangs on about loyalty and critices the now PDC players for not showing any wants to break away from the BDO for the good of the game. Am I stuck in a time warp?
The implication is that elements (within the bdo) seem to be working against England darts. If so then what do they do. Roll over and die?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote:Zzzzzzzzzz
Is this a call for zeyes to make a comment?

Serous though, this is more than a re brand. The reason is they want to make it clear they are not the bdo. A moving away re their identity.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

They are not a brand. They are an amateur darts organisation.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Tommy Thompson wrote:
Anyway we had a fantastic meeting on Saturday, really enthusiastic, new initiatives on the table
Fundraising?
Big Jock Knew
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

devosteve wrote:
billyd wrote:So the man who continously bangs on about loyalty and critices the now PDC players for not showing any wants to break away from the BDO for the good of the game. Am I stuck in a time warp?
The implication is that elements (within the bdo) seem to be working against England darts. If so then what do they do. Roll over and die?
I agree, it just baffles me, it's like one big Jeremy Kyle episode. If you were a player of any decent standard, why would you want to associate yourself with any of this nonsense?
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Ginge wrote:
Tommy Thompson wrote:
Anyway we had a fantastic meeting on Saturday, really enthusiastic, new initiatives on the table
Fundraising?
:) Any acknowledgement of the World Cup 'issues' at the meeting?
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

devosteve wrote:Interesting meeting yesterday heated on a few occasions, probably my fault, however I am a black/white guy, don’t like the pretence of some people stabbing you in the back, whilst trying to be nicey nicey. Never lived my life like this, fair to say the last several months have been extremely difficult with the abuse I have had to endure on social media. I don’t mind criticism; don’t mind people not liking me. However I cannot abide people with double standards, they want to hold me and the organisations I am involved in to different sets of accountability, whilst colluding, and working to prevent any sort of dialogue on a different day, at a different meeting.

I heard the words respect being used yesterday and I agree, but how on earth does anyone expect respect to be a one way street. It is like little Johnny going to school getting attacked by the school bully, then expecting the following day to get another slap, that it is his fault the bully feels it necessary to hit him. What does he do stand up to the bully irrespective of being hit or move to another school. Well England has been like that for the past few years, however enough is enough now, you want to put up with the situation going on now you can, we are not.

Anyway we had a fantastic meeting on Saturday, really enthusiastic, new initiatives on the table, new incentives coming shortly for people who feel they want to be part of England Darts. I know we haven’t the finance to reinvent the wheel so to speak, but within our abilities we feel we can bring together dart players, in England for a common cause, where Joe Smith playing in the Dog & Duck in Gateshead is just as important as Scott Mitchell our National captain. Darts for all, and not just trawling out the mantra then behind the scenes doing all you possibly can to preclude these same players as irrelevant.

There is no doubting after recent events England needs to get on with looking after the needs of England, its current membership and potential future members. We need to look at all darts currently held in England and where alliances can be built for the common good. We need to encourage our Counties to run opens, which when included together give players from around England a common goal, and common rewards. Youth will be addressed very shortly, and we will be looking at all the organisations who run youth to get on board, we will be asking the mums and dads who support their children through these early years, what their views are.
Personally with my illness and passing years, I have been very concerned for the future of England Darts, where it was going and who could not only take it there, but defend the organisation, because trust me, that has been the biggest agenda we have had to do, for the last few years. I came away from the meeting on Saturday, with a optimism that things are being put in place, which will secure our future, as one person who has joined us said, England’s biggest positive, is our Integrity, The Integrity we have in the market place, we will work together with anyone, we are not seen as having any hidden agenda’s against any other organisation, likewise we don’t actively involve ourselves on the destruction of others.

I would like to particularly thank everyone on Real Darts Fanatics for their support, and I will be posting regularly as always, but we have made a decision that for England Darts announcements etc, we will be using our newly brought in site England Darts, it is part of a rebranding exercise where we will distance ourselves from the name BDO. What people have to realise is that we are not the BDO, they are not our governing body, we are an independent company and it has been detrimental to us, that everyone automatically assumes we are, so for that reason, we need to start to promote our own brand name which is England Darts (not EDO).
So I take it they will stop taking the BDO's money that goes towards the national team's cost?

This whole fight/argument with the BDO is very sad, counter-productive, and too many egos are involved. Neither org is strong enough to be at loggerheads all the time
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

What would be the point in encouraging the counties to put on more opens if the bdo has filled the calendar

Unless they are going to try and talk to the pdc about doing the challenge tour side of this and accommodate county opens and bicc they are completely stuck doing what the bdo tell them to do
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

The British internationals have had a change of date. Wales, Scotland and the bdo met and made the decision. England were then informed by letter. Zero Consultation with Them. No reply to tt's letter of complaint.

surely even tt's critics on here must see that that isn't right?
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: EDO now England Darts.

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:The British internationals have had a change of date. Wales, Scotland and the bdo met and made the decision. England were then informed by letter. Zero Consultation with Them. No reply to tt's letter of complaint.

surely even tt's critics on here must see that that isn't right?
No that isn't right at all but you come to expect it these days.
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

devosteve wrote:
Ginge wrote:Zzzzzzzzzz
Is this a call for zeyes to make a comment?

Serous though, this is more than a re brand. The reason is they want to make it clear they are not the bdo. A moving away re their identity.
Doing everything in your power to show the world "We are not the BDO" just seems like common sense these days. It will be interesting to see what actual difference it makes though.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I hope we will get to see this new branding on the TV this weekend.

Oh....
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:I hope we will get to see this new branding on the TV this weekend.

Oh....
:grin:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The branding working well on the FB page I see - the page is still called "England Darts Organisation - EDO"

Takes a few seconds to change it, guys.....
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

This is nothing to do with breaking away from BDO , 3 years of debate on social media as it seems impossible to find a date to sit and talk have been fruitless , seems everyone within our game seem happy with the direction our game is going ! So we have decided to concentrate on England darts and any improvements we make will be within the WDF / BDO system .