Champions League of Darts

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Booji Boy
International

Re: Champions League of Darts

Post by Booji Boy »

Ginge wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:Viewing figures in for this yet?
Public ones will be a week today, assuming it ranked in the top 30 for either BBC ONE (which it wont have) or BBC TWO.
Dont you have a source you ca ask?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Booji Boy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:Viewing figures in for this yet?
Public ones will be a week today, assuming it ranked in the top 30 for either BBC ONE (which it wont have) or BBC TWO.
Dont you have a source you ca ask?
I used to but I got banned from the forum in question for accusing someone of having extreme autism for doing fantasy television schedules :DDD:
Big Jock Knew
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Was a very good tournament over the weekend. Excellent games and a surprise winner whilst most other big name players performed well . Very churlish to try and devalue it and I think he/they are just on autopilot now and determined to be contrary whilst the last thrashings of the bdo play out mostly ignored by mainstream tv/media
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Champions League of Darts

Post by Skewball »

craigmc wrote:Was a very good tournament over the weekend. Excellent games and a surprise winner whilst most other big name players performed well . Very churlish to try and devalue it and I think he/they are just on autopilot now and determined to be contrary whilst the last thrashings of the bdo play out mostly ignored by mainstream tv/media
That sums it up well.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

craigmc wrote:Was a very good tournament over the weekend. Excellent games and a surprise winner whilst most other big name players performed well . Very churlish to try and devalue it and I think he/they are just on autopilot now and determined to be contrary whilst the last thrashings of the bdo play out mostly ignored by mainstream tv/media
That sums it up well.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

You're the one forcing a reference to the bdo in at every chance when this has absolutely nothing to do with them, the FACT that the fanboys have taken the piss out of similar averages in the bdo yet contradict themselves here is funny and deserves to be pointed out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Fanboy klaxon!!
Big Jock Knew
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

I think after souljovic win yesterday pdc missed a trick not having a Euro tour event in austra next year I think after his good win it will get even more popular

I think thru should take one away from Germany as they got 7 pdl night World Cup
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

foggs3355 wrote:I think after souljovic win yesterday pdc missed a trick not having a Euro tour event in austra next year I think after his good win it will get even more popular

I think thru should take one away from Germany as they got 7 pdl night World Cup
They are having a Euro Tour event in Austria next year.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

ifm wrote:
You're the one forcing a reference to the bdo in at every chance when this has absolutely nothing to do with them, the FACT that the fanboys have taken the piss out of similar averages in the bdo yet contradict themselves here is funny and deserves to be pointed out.

FACT ?
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Champions League of Darts

Post by Skewball »

craigmc wrote:
ifm wrote:

FACT ?
He needs to take his pills
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

craigmc wrote:
ifm wrote:

FACT ?
Yes this has been the case in the past, for good, well ballanced debate you can't ignore one and harp on about another.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ChrisW wrote:So what was the final score?
Pdc 85 bdo 0.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

devosteve wrote:
Pdc 85 bdo 0.
Were the Stranglers good? have they still got the topless bird dancing on the stage?
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
devosteve wrote:
Pdc 85 bdo 0.
Were the Stranglers good? have they still got the topless bird dancing on the stage?
That was hawkwind.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Booji Boy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
devosteve wrote:
Pdc 85 bdo 0.
That was hawkwind.

Maybe it was sweaty but when the stranglers toured originally they always had a topless bird jigging her stuff.........Mr Cornwall lives near and performed often in our area......
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
devosteve wrote:
Pdc 85 bdo 0.
That was hawkwind.

Maybe it was sweaty but when the stranglers toured originally they always had a topless bird jigging her stuff.........Mr Cornwall lives near and performed often in our area......
Yeah, nice n sleazy in battersea park

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ifm wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
devosteve wrote:
Pdc 85 bdo 0.
That was hawkwind.

Stacia was the dancer in Hawkwind (early 70's). Part of the show. At least until the space ritual tour (a cracking double live lp).

Don't know about the stranglers having a topless girl in their early days. News to me. But ifm is correct there with their infamous show in Battersea park. When playing nice and sleazy (which they played at the weekend btw) strippers came on, and also some of the road crew decided to strip off as well. Kind of caused something of a problem re folks getting arrested. That tour is captured on the stranglers LP: live x certificate (another good live lp covering their 1st 3 lps, bonus tracks on the cd). The incident is part of the cover/inside images.

Re your questions Paddy:

The stranglers were good (but not as good imo as their recent tour - saw them at Manchester Apollo. They were part of a festival thus didn't have as long a time slot). They do a cracking version of walk on by. They finished with no more heroes.

As to your other question: there were no topless ladies on stage. If you want to see that kind of thing I believe you need to go to lakeside when the darts is on.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

devosteve wrote:
ifm wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: Were the Stranglers good? have they still got the topless bird dancing on the stage?
That was hawkwind.

Stacia was the dancer in Hawkwind (early 70's). Part of the show. At least until the space ritual tour (a cracking double live lp).

Don't know about the stranglers having a topless girl in their early days. News to me. But ifm is correct there with their infamous show in Battersea park. When playing nice and sleazy (which they played at the weekend btw) strippers came on, and also some of the road crew decided to strip off as well. Kind of caused something of a problem re folks getting arrested. That tour is captured on the stranglers LP: live x certificate (another good live lp covering their 1st 3 lps, bonus tracks on the cd). The incident is part of the cover/inside images.

Re your questions Paddy:

The stranglers were good (but not as good imo as their recent tour - saw them at Manchester Apollo. They were part of a festival thus didn't have as long a time slot). They do a cracking version of walk on by. They finished with no more heroes.

As to your other question: there were no topless ladies on stage. If you want to see that kind of thing I believe you need to go to lakeside when the darts is on.
Stacia had the finest set of bangers I may have ever seen.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Anyway back on topic:

I watched the final legs on the semi's and the final few legs of the final (after 'discovering' the score on Monday morning. I also watched most, if not all the studio stuff etc.

Was it me or did the BBC do a very good job? I though is was great. Interesting stuff. Liked the 'graphics' of the players and the interviews.

Webster, Nicholson and AWL, again did ok. And they seemed genuielny excited after Mensur hit that 160 to win his semi final.

Mensur winning this definitely helped the event. (You do wonder how it would have come over with the usual folk in the final). problem with the format is it might be difficult to get fresh faces into the top 8 every year.

Crowd: once again what do we say. Loads of young adults, quite a few kids in as well.

It felt fresh and exciting. And didn't feel like the BBC were patronising the pdc.