EDO Affiliation scheme

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ifm
International

EDO Affiliation scheme

Post by ifm »

Has nobody noticed this?
You give the EDO £2 per team member and they put your name on Facebook.
Looks like they might be able to send the England team to the next World Cup.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Re: EDO Affiliation scheme

Post by Ginge »

Cant see anything on the England Darts FB page. Where abouts am I looking?
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

It was on their Facebook group
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Is it the affiliate league scheme? No details of the cost, just says anyone can have their own player profile page and to PM for details.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: EDO Affiliation scheme

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:Is it the affiliate league scheme? No details of the cost, just says anyone can have their own player profile page and to PM for details.
There is a poster £2 per person.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

I did ask questions about it but it needs a lot of work. All it is at the moment is that Neil bloke photoshopping some 'player profiles' using your league data and shoving them on the Website. Waster of time other than maybe for small individual leagues. No good for leagues like mine where its pub teams and well over 100 players.
Just a money grabbing scheme unfortunatley.
The principle of an Affiliate scheme for Pub Leagues is a good one in principle
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ah yes I see it now. Per season as well.

All far too little too late, they should have done this 2 years ago, may have been able to fulfil their obligations then.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

if this scheme is a good idea or not I think their motives are in the right place. Not just doing it to grab money.

Just looking at making the EDO system a lot better for all players.

You do now have TT no longer (according to him) going to/supporting BDO events/meetings. All his energy 8is going into England Darts.

Even Howard has said he won't deal (will check for correct quote) with this present board.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Skewball wrote:I did ask questions about it but it needs a lot of work. All it is at the moment is that Neil bloke photoshopping some 'player profiles' using your league data and shoving them on the Website. Waster of time other than maybe for small individual leagues. No good for leagues like mine where its pub teams and well over 100 players.
Last I looked there was a link on the EDO site that led to facebook so not even on the EDO site, it does seem a bit dodgy, good intentions aside.

Madsocks
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:I did ask questions about it but it needs a lot of work. All it is at the moment is that Neil bloke photoshopping some 'player profiles' using your league data and shoving them on the Website. Waster of time other than maybe for small individual leagues. No good for leagues like mine where its pub teams and well over 100 players.
Last I looked there was a link on the EDO site that led to facebook so not even on the EDO site, it does seem a bit dodgy, good intentions aside.
Not dodgy at all aimed at normal darters and meetings have been held and will be held that will reward those who join ! It's fair to say Ian is quicker to criticise England Darts than the "anti BDO trolls he has angst with "
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

WCDPA wrote:
ifm wrote:
Not dodgy at all aimed at normal darters and meetings have been held and will be held that will reward those who join ! It's fair to say Ian is quicker to criticise England Darts than the "anti BDO trolls he has angst with "
If IFM says it's dodgy then it is officially and eternally dodgy.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

14th September on the ED website - "Details of how your local league can become affiliated will be posted soon."

Yet a league is already on there so how did they get on there if no details have been posted?

:D
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

WCDPA wrote:
ifm wrote:
I said good intentions aside it seems dodgy, I didn't say it was dodgy.
As for the EDO, well there is a lot to criticise them for over the last few years and obviously the pure ineptitude over Japan should not be forgotten despite the new "let's completely ignore the past" policy.

Madsocks
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
ifm wrote:
If IFM says it's dodgy then it is officially and eternally dodgy.
I'm frustarted by it. At best it's a missed oportunity and at worst a half-arsed attempt that will result in never getting off the ground.

I would like to make my league an 'affiliate' of England Darts, it would be good to see links to wider game in the that Pub players can see and investigate so they feel part of a wider community.
I would have no problem linking England Darts on the Website I maintain for the League I run. I would have no problem paying a small league fee and I would have no problem encouraging the players to 'register' to England Darts to receive emails every now again promoting Darts competitions, local qualifiers and then giving those players access to discounted equipment, clothes etc (which would be very easy to negotiate with manufacturers). There could be access for the league to promote themselves on the England Darts website, the league could access to software, discounted website builders (one of whom I work for so could offer big reductions to affiliated Local Leagues) etc etc. Its not rocket science. It would be a great thing to get going and a real coup for England Darts to get close links with the real grass routes of darts, and they would have a valuable player database.

But instead? One bloke banging out tacky Player Profiles that would take me 2 minutes to do myself for my own league (which I might well do actually :) ) for an unrealistic £2 a player which only suits individual leagues and offers nothing back in real terms to the league.

Very frustrating. An affiliate scheme should not start in this way. Yes it can grow etc but this as a first step feels so wrong. It could have been bolted on later.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
ifm wrote:
As for the EDO, well there is a lot to criticise them for over the last few years and obviously the pure ineptitude over Japan should not be forgotten despite the new "let's completely ignore the past" policy.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Great post by Skewball.

(One can hope these profiles are proof read as they're being paid for!)
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ginge wrote:14th September on the ED website - "Details of how your local league can become affiliated will be posted soon."

Yet a league is already on there so how did they get on there if no details have been posted?

:D
The Newark singles league was used with the players consent as a guinea pig , to see what could be done.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
ifm wrote:
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ecky Thump wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
ifm wrote: Last I looked there was a link on the EDO site that led to facebook so not even on the EDO site, it does seem a bit dodgy, good intentions aside.
All this from a forum that apart from the IFM, murphio and Ginge trollothon is a mere shadow of its former self .
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: EDO Affiliation scheme

Post by Skewball »

WCDPA wrote:
Ecky Thump wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
All this from a forum that apart from the IFM, murphio and Ginge trollothon is a mere shadow of its former self .
Why don't you respond to my post then , no trolling on that one, it's what I genuinely think about the potential of an affiliate scheme :)