Darts Betting Thread

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Darts Betting Thread

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:Betstars offering 12/1 on a Whitlock 6-0 win, cant imagine those odds being available for very long!
Anyone who takes that bet should be locked up......it won't come off.
Plenty have over the road mate :WWWW:

Worth a dabble, he lost 6-0 to a 92 average a few weeks back was left on well over 100 in 5 of the 6 legs played. And dont think Whitlock will be affected in the same way he was by Berry van Peer, a totally different kind of "injury", if you will.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:Betstars offering 12/1 on a Whitlock 6-0 win, cant imagine those odds being available for very long!

Worth a dabble, he lost 6-0 to a 92 average a few weeks back was left on well over 100 in 5 of the 6 legs played. And dont think Whitlock will be affected in the same way he was by Berry van Peer, a totally different kind of "injury", if you will.
Let me know how this goes.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

I will. If it loses, I can still afford to eat, dont worry :WWWW:
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

I will. If it loses, I can still afford to eat, dont worry :WWWW:
Phew I feel so much better knowing that.... :P
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The only bookies now offering correct score betting on the Whitlock match seem to be Geoff Banks (who?) @ 22/1, and Sunbets at 7/1. Skybet and Betstars have suspended it and as far as I know no other bookie ever bothered.
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Ginge wrote:The only bookies now offering correct score betting on the Whitlock match seem to be Geoff Banks (who?) @ 22/1, and Sunbets at 7/1. Skybet and Betstars have suspended it and as far as I know no other bookie ever bothered.
I managed to get 12/1 with Betstars before they pulled it.

Oh, and Geoff Banks is an independent bookie. He's the sartorially challenged wide-boy who used to turn up occasionally on The Morning Line back when Channel 4 had the terrestrial TV rights for the racing.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Ginge wrote:The only bookies now offering correct score betting on the Whitlock match seem to be Geoff Banks (who?) @ 22/1, and Sunbets at 7/1. Skybet and Betstars have suspended it and as far as I know no other bookie ever bothered.

Oh, and Geoff Banks is an independent bookie. He's the sartorially challenged wide-boy who used to turn up occasionally on The Morning Line back when Channel 4 had the terrestrial TV rights for the racing.
Was 11/1 on Betstars yesterday (I got 12 on Tuesday) but had gone by this morning.

Thought about lobbing another fiver on through Geoff Banks but they want ID up front to sign up, never had to do that before and no guaranteed they would deal with it before the "off", so havent bothered. Plus I could imagine them being arsey with payout.
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Ginge wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

Was 11/1 on Betstars yesterday (I got 12 on Tuesday) but had gone by this morning.

Thought about lobbing another fiver on through Geoff Banks but they want ID up front to sign up, never had to do that before and no guaranteed they would deal with it before the "off", so havent bothered. Plus I could imagine them being arsey with payout.
To be fair to him I can understand him wanting ID up front. As far as I'm aware he's quite a small operation, especially for having a web-betting presence. He certainly won't have anywhere near the liquidity of his competitors and I doubt can afford too many hits from fraudulent accounts.

As for them being funny about paying out, everything I've heard about him suggests he is very much a sporting man. He's prepared to take decent bets and isn't shy about paying out when a result goes against him.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

To be fair to him I can understand him wanting ID up front. As far as I'm aware he's quite a small operation, especially for having a web-betting presence. He certainly won't have anywhere near the liquidity of his competitors and I doubt can afford too many hits from fraudulent accounts.

As for them being funny about paying out, everything I've heard about him suggests he is very much a sporting man. He's prepared to take decent bets and isn't shy about paying out when a result goes against him.
Fair enough, was just a feeling I had but maybe that is wrong, like you said :)

As for Channel 4, must say I do prefer ITVs coverage of it, they have really made an effort with it in their first year.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Yes I remember Banks, he was always at loggerheads with Fitzgerald if i remember rightly, smarmy kind of guy.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Ginge wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

Fair enough, was just a feeling I had but maybe that is wrong, like you said :)

As for Channel 4, must say I do prefer ITVs coverage of it, they have really made an effort with it in their first year.
They had a few teething problems early on, but now I think their coverage is excellent. Oli Bell gets on my tits for no real reason, but no more than Rishi Persaud used to on Channel 4.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Paddy McGinty wrote:Yes I remember Banks, he was always at loggerheads with Fitzgerald if i remember rightly, smarmy kind of guy.
That's the one
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Is Kist still injured?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Murphio wrote:Is Kist still injured?
No he's OK now, playing better than ever I heard...... ;-)
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
I've been done before with such certainties.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
I've done Kist to win 6-0 :grin:
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Darts Betting Thread

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
I've done Kist to win 6-0 :grin:
After my little win earlier it would just be a nice little bonus if the one later wins.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Shite.
Big Jock Knew
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Ginge wrote:Shite.
What's happened - I see Hills have suspended betting on Kist Whitlock.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Darts Betting Thread

Post by Ginge »

Murphio wrote:
Ginge wrote:Shite.
What's happened - I see Hills have suspended betting on Kist Whitlock.
Kist has won 2 legs. On throw 3-2. Was worth a punt on the 6-0.

Still only averaging 74 so he still ain't 100%
Big Jock Knew