Re: Darts Betting Thread

Post by Murphio »

A West/Ratajski/Dekker treble is 11/1.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Ginge wrote:
Murphio wrote:Some of the odds on hills for what should be tricky games for the favourites are a joke - Hendo 1/4, Whitlock 2/7, Norris 2/9. The best value I can see first round is Steve West at 13/10 and van den Berg at 6/5. Ratajski is tempting to beat Wilson at 4/5. Think van Gerwen to win it at 4/5 is the bet, I am maybe going to have a lump on it. Wonder what price they will put on an MVG 3-0 over Kist.
Would be amazed if its any better than 1/5, isnt he 1/100 just to win?
MVG is 1/3 to beat Kist 3-0. Doubling it up with Wright to beat Portela 3-0 gets you just over even money.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

1/3 is generous, IMO.
Big Jock Knew
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Ginge wrote:1/3 is generous, IMO.
Agreed. Especially if MVG has the throw first set, you have a great chance of 3-0 since Kist would have to break in two sets.
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

Did Van Gerwen, Suljovic and Wright all to win 3-0 at 11/2
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

BOOM wrote:Did Van Gerwen, Suljovic and Wright all to win 3-0 at 11/2
I wouldn't expect Kevin to lose 3-0 - not in set play. Too seasoned a campaigner imo. I'd play cautious on that treble and go for a Mensur win. 10 quid pays 25 back.
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

The double on the other two pays that at Sportingbet
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Anyone now the crack with new Sky Bet accounts - seems to be a limit on what I can stake (or more precisely, win). Maximum profit for a bet appears to be £500 - do I need to verify my account or something?
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

For any bet or just for something on darts?
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Darts Betting Thread

Post by Ginge »

Murphio wrote:Anyone now the crack with new Sky Bet accounts - seems to be a limit on what I can stake (or more precisely, win). Maximum profit for a bet appears to be £500 - do I need to verify my account or something?
No issue hereImage
Big Jock Knew
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

BOOM wrote:For any bet or just for something on darts?
Maximum bet on MVG at 4/5 was £625 - making the potential profit £500. Maximum bet on Anderson at 7/1 was about £73 - making the potential profit just over £500. I could however have a tenner on, for example, Devon Peterson at £1000/1. Just spoke to a guy on the phone - that is all they are taking from every customer on those two particular bets to limit their liability. Really crap if you ask me.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Murphio wrote:Anyone now the crack with new Sky Bet accounts - seems to be a limit on what I can stake (or more precisely, win). Maximum profit for a bet appears to be £500 - do I need to verify my account or something?
Unusual.
They will ask for you to verify your identity, only if they cannot verify it themselves.
Had some accounts suspended whilst checks were done, most accounts I have no issue with.
If you have deposited money for a bet and it is not a free bet or similar, there should be no £500 limit on it.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Murphio wrote:
BOOM wrote:For any bet or just for something on darts?
Maximum bet on MVG at 4/5 was £625 - making the potential profit £500. Maximum bet on Anderson at 7/1 was about £73 - making the potential profit just over £500. I could however have a tenner on, for example, Devon Peterson at £1000/1. Just spoke to a guy on the phone - that is all they are taking from every customer on those two particular bets to limit their liability. Really crap if you ask me.
It's a common tactic from a bookmaker.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

BlueSpark wrote:
Unusual.
They will ask for you to verify your identity, only if they cannot verify it themselves.
Had some accounts suspended whilst checks were done, most accounts I have no issue with.
If you have deposited money for a bet and it is not a free bet or similar, there should be no £500 limit on it.
As above - it seems to be a restriction placed on both Anderson and MVG to win the worlds. I can have money on the outsiders with no restriction.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Nothing stopping you going round the High Street using the machines to put extra on.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Murphio wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Unusual.
As above - it seems to be a restriction placed on both Anderson and MVG to win the worlds. I can have money on the outsiders with no restriction.
They do it all the time on markets.
Price manipulation normally the main thing they do, stake limiting not so often. But still common enough.
They try and weight everything in their favour, so whatever the result they will not lose out.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

BlueSpark wrote:
Murphio wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Unusual.
Price manipulation normally the main thing they do, stake limiting not so often. But still common enough.
They try and weight everything in their favour, so whatever the result they will not lose out.
Only opened an account because they were offering 4/5 on MVG and Hills closed him to 8/11. Still, I did get a couple of free tenner bets out of it. Stuck a tenner on James Wilson to beat Ratajski and the other a quad of Ratajski/Lim/Jamie Lewis and Jan Dekker. Probably won't use the account again.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Murphio wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Murphio wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Unusual.
Only opened an account because they were offering 4/5 on MVG and Hills closed him to 8/11. Still, I did get a couple of free tenner bets out of it. Stuck a tenner on James Wilson to beat Ratajski and the other a quad of Ratajski/Lim/Jamie Lewis and Jan Dekker. Probably won't use the account again.
Excellent work.
Play the game.
I tend to play online slots a lot.
Signed up to 888.com over two years ago.
They gave you £88 free play on slots, but you could only play 2 games and winnings were capped at £15.
Needless to say I got a balance of £15, this could now be played on any slots game. Can't remember the wagering requirement now, but it was a lot. Basically, I had to stake at least £1500 or £2000 or something, before I could withdraw my winnings.
Ended up withdrawing £650 after a furious day playing the site. 3 days later had to verify my identity. Bear in mind, I didn't actually deposit any money into the site whatsoever. They had to pay me by bank transfer as I hadn't registered or used a card :DDD:
I couldn't believe it.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Only two bets for me will be Wilson at evens to beat Ratajski and Bruguier to beat Cody Harris at 7/4.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ssjsa wrote:Only two bets for me will be Wilson at evens to beat Ratajski and Bruguier to beat Cody Harris at 7/4.
Don't know a whole lot about either Brugier or Harris - what's your thoughts on that bet?