Des Jacklin's Full On Strategy

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Booji Boy
International

Re: Des Jacklin's Full On Strategy

Post by Booji Boy »

"Tommy Thompson
6 mins
There is no secret in the fact that the relationship between the BDO and England is non-existent , despite the willingness of England to meet the BDO on a basis of all directors can attend from both sides and an open agenda, the BDO for the past three+ years have refused on all occasion. Yet England seem to get the majority of the blame, because of this situation.

I think without a doubt, anyone in the darts knows that myself and Des Jacklin putting it mildly, do not get on at all, however in my capacity of darts organisers, when Des asked to meet with me, I felt I was obliged to put aside personal feelings and listen to what he had to say, as this is the first attempt by anyone from the BDO as I say in three years.

We met yesterday and it was a very cordial and constructive meeting, and I was glad that I attended. I think like a lot of people who have been involved in the BDO side of darts, we are all devastated the way the company is being run, and the complete lack of any sort of any transparency.

The players organised a meeting 18 months ago only to find out that a couple of hours before the BDO (which now becomes common practice) an instruction from their solicitors not to attend the meeting.

The AGM in August 2017, two proposals were submitted according to the rules, only for the meeting to come to an abrupt end where the board once again played the solicitors card that the board could not accept the proposals. However the Board new several days prior to the meeting that they were going to do this, yet never made any attempt before or during the meeting to inform either myself or Tony Martin of their intentions, stating they had sought advice from the solicitors and could not go further.

We now move forward to this week, where a director of the BDO board, despite all his attempts of solving problems within the BDO internally, felt he had no option but to call an EGM. Once again the solicitors card is played.

We are in a position where the shareholders of the company are being told that they have no right to information concerning accounts, no right to set rules through the normal procedures of an AGM, in fact we are handing over in the area of £750,000 of company assets to a few people who do not have to justify, what they do with this money, or more importantly should they have this right.

As I have said, I met with Des yesterday and it is more than obvious, although it was obvious before this that the whole situation is out of control. We see £160,000 of funds used to prop up and event the WDT which very shortly will be going exactly down the same financial mine shaft as the previous year, no sponsor, no TV, no ticket information.

Whilst obviously there are trust issues due to previous history, but I do urge all counties to attend the meetings called and listen to what is going to be said, and take into consideration that on election of the current board they swung the vote on transparency, this is totally not happening at all.
The current board are using member’s monies for solicitors to frustrate the rights of the members. Not only that we have to take on face value what the solicitors have said, or how the letters were framed to the solicitors, to get the answer the board required.
To finanlise my meeting with Des Jacklin was a personal one, I did not seek permission and went in no other capacity but as myself. The England Board have been made fully aware of this meeting and my views.
I was glad I went."
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

IFM do you revise your view there wasn't a hope in hell of TT and Des meeting
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

WCDPA wrote:IFM do you revise your view there wasn't a hope in hell of TT and Des meeting

No way, IFM is ALWAYS right :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

"TT must have made the meeting up"
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

This is good news.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

oche balboa wrote:This is good news.
I agree. Des has seen how bad the state of the BDo actually is and also how it is being run. Good on him and TT for meeting up. Gives a lot of hope for the future of the BDO.
Last edited by devosteve on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

These instructions from the solicitors: is it all about buying time for those in charge? Giving them an extra couple of years of traveling the world?

well Des has had enough. looks like he is acting in the best interest of darts and not himself.
devosteve
International

Re: Des Selecta's Full On Strategy

Post by devosteve »

WCDPA wrote:
devosteve wrote:
dartsfacts wrote:Image
online print screen
Will this happen if des takes over?
Wouldn't have thought so :)
It seems you are right Paul. Wind of change is indeed coming. And looks very positive.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

WCDPA wrote:IFM do you revise your view there wasn't a hope in hell of TT and Des meeting
Oh Paul, sad that you stoop to the level of the muppets on here, you know full well i knew about the meeting and you also know why i posted what i did. tut tut.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

And there it is!
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Fair play to Des and TT for at least making the effort
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

ifm wrote:
Oh Paul, sad that you stoop to the level of the muppets on here, you know full well i knew about the meeting and you also know why i posted what i did. tut tut.
Stoop!!!! I can't help being short .
Good to see the efforts to get Des and TT to talk have worked , I have been talking quite regularly to Des since Sweden Open , where we all agreed to move on Myself and Deta included , has led to better atmosphere on the tour and less division.
Lot of work still to be done and we must remember that Des is just one of 5 BDO directors , England directors are keen to move forward with the BDO on a variety of projects .
In all honesty though I can't see this happening with the present make up of the board .
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

All hail Ian, the saviour of the BDO
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Well i'm sure I remember this scenario from when Des got on the board, butter up the Williams to get a seat and then find a way to oust them. Can only see the same happening here, all nicey nicey to get there way then ED will be dumped on from a great height.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

ifm wrote:

:DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Thanks IFM
UKDA 4 Life
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Des Jacklin's Full On Strategy

Post by Ginge »

dartsfacts wrote:Turkey, dodgy shirts, slaps.
Putting posters up in taxi ranks.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

#obsessed
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

5 minutes.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Textbook