Des Jacklin's Full On Strategy

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Des Selecta's Full On Strategy

Post by Skewball »

oche balboa wrote:I would back the Jacklins to take over (Obviously i'm no fan & i wouldnt become a fanboy of theres) If they have a clear plan to make the BDO an alternative to the PDC. And package it as this, adapt a few small things

- Renaming "World Pro" and calling it Lakeside World Championship
- BICC to be regionalised below Premier
- A phased plan for a replacement of the World Trophy (Smaller fields, more legs)
- Prize moneys to be organised better

etc

Of course this is wishful thinking
I'm sure in the past you have indicated that the jacklins taking over would be a disaster ??
ifm
International

Re: Des Selecta's Full On Strategy

Post by ifm »

oche balboa wrote:I would back the Jacklins to take over (Obviously i'm no fan & i wouldnt become a fanboy of theres) If they have a clear plan to make the BDO an alternative to the PDC. And package it as this, adapt a few small things

- Renaming "World Pro" and calling it Lakeside World Championship
- BICC to be regionalised below Premier
- A phased plan for a replacement of the World Trophy (Smaller fields, more legs)
- Prize moneys to be organised better

etc

Of course this is wishful thinking
What difference would a name change make lol
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

In summary: Des Jacklin's main qualification for running the BDO appears to be that some people once insulted his wife, because that should serve to make him bulletproof to all further criticism.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

If they want the delegates meetings to be about BICC only then fine - as long as they are clear about this and give other opportunities to discuss bdo in general , not just the AGM (although they seem to be crap at giving the floor a voice there as well)
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Zeyes wrote:In summary: Des Jacklin's main qualification for running the BDO appears to be that some people once insulted his wife, because that should serve to make him bulletproof to all further criticism.
That's really, really interesting, you've managed to invent a motive for an imaginary scenario, i'm sure the rest of the dullards will lap it up.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Skewball wrote:If they want the delegates meetings to be about BICC only then fine - as long as they are clear about this and give other opportunities to discuss bdo in general , not just the AGM (although they seem to be crap at giving the floor a voice there as well)
This applies to all meetings!!

Madsocks
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

ifm wrote:
Zeyes wrote:In summary: Des Jacklin's main qualification for running the BDO appears to be that some people once insulted his wife, because that should serve to make him bulletproof to all further criticism.
That's really, really interesting, you've managed to invent a motive for an imaginary scenario, i'm sure the rest of the dullards will lap it up.
Well to be fair you seem to be happy for him to take over but have given no other reason than he can't be any worse. Other than being good at buying and selling houses and being a bag carrier , what are his credentials to run the BDO ?
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Skewball wrote:
ifm wrote:
Well to be fair you seem to be happy for him to take over but have given no other reason than he can't be any worse. Other than being good at buying and selling houses and being a bag carrier , what are his credentials to run the BDO ?
I said it couldn't be any worse, that is a pop at the current incumbents not a glowing reference for Des, don't forget there is nothing to indicate he even wants to take over, in fact he has actually said he doesn't but hey ho, that doesn't fit the obsession on here does it?

Madsocks
Ecky Thump
County Player

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Des Selecta's Full On Strategy

Post by Ecky Thump »

Skewball wrote:
ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:
ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:Spot on.

Ian is just making a joke of defending the jacklins this much. He can't be serious.
I have asked this question before:-
If you were standing in the pub with the wife and someone walked up and called her ugly, would you just shrug and walk off?

Edited by Admin.
I wouldn't wish death on someone. I don't have a problem with him Defending his wife, only one or two people had a go at his missus. You seem to use it as an excuse for all his behaviour on here.
I don't understand why you defend the people who were so wonderful to not just her but all female dart players.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Show me where I have defended them? I can assure I have not , neither have I ever said anything derogatory against her. I never got involved. I can separate the issue from whether he is up to the job of running the BDO. He is not
+1 :DDDD:
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Des Selecta's Full On Strategy

Post by Skewball »

ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:
ifm wrote:
I said it couldn't be any worse, that is a pop at the current incumbents not a glowing reference for Des, don't forget there is nothing to indicate he even wants to take over, in fact he has actually said he doesn't but hey ho, that doesn't fit the obsession on here does it?
I would have believed him about not wanting to take over until he snuck on and became a director and so now I think he is like the classic mp who never says to be mp, until they are.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Skewball wrote:
ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:
ifm wrote:
I would have believed him about not wanting to take over until he snuck on and became a director and so now I think he is like the classic mp who never says to be mp, until they are.
Maybe, maybe not.

Madsocks
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Des Selecta's Full On Strategy

Post by Skewball »

ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:
ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:
ifm wrote: That's really, really interesting, you've managed to invent a motive for an imaginary scenario, i'm sure the rest of the dullards will lap it up.
Maybe, maybe not.
Well yes, I suppose we are now in that situation, let's just wait and see.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

How did you get on Skewy...did we win?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:How did you get on Skewy...did we win?
No. From 3-1 up we lost 4-3. Hey ho, I didn't play the 3's so I can't take all the blame!
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:
No. From 3-1 up we lost 4-3. Hey ho, I didn't play the 3's so I can't take all the blame!
Never mind, I think the last game of singles was the turning point shame......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Never mind, I think the last game of singles was the turning point shame......
Hmm, yes , but that's darts, it's all about doubles. Simple game really.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Having read some figures on Fanatics about the amount a county has to spend on away trips (coaches/hotels etc.) wouldn't a one-day "match" be better than a whole weekend? Seems a lot of resource spent on something few know exists.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:
ifm wrote:
:DDD:
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

devosteve wrote:Any chance thread title can be changed to des Jacklin full on strategy?
Bump.

Comments made on here about folk abusing his wife. The title does that doesn't it?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:
devosteve wrote:Any chance thread title can be changed to des Jacklin full on strategy?
Bump.

Comments made on here about folk abusing his wife. The title does that doesn't it?
Have you been threatened with a slap or something? :DDD:
Big Jock Knew