Malta - sounds like another cock up

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Re: Malta - sounds like another cock up

Post by dartsfacts »

Addicks Fan wrote:Details on the singles finals:

Ladies:

Deta Hedman (79.18) 4 - 2 Aileen de Graaf (80.27)

Mens:

Mark Layton (87.71) 6 - 2 Joe Davis (80.41)

I wonder if Mark Layton will give the full tour a go this year? Picked up 35 points for this one, so given his ability stands a reasonable chance of getting to Lakeside in 2019
WHat does the "full tour" consist of and how much does it cost?
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

dartsfacts wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:Details on the singles finals:

Ladies:

Deta Hedman (79.18) 4 - 2 Aileen de Graaf (80.27)

Mens:

Mark Layton (87.71) 6 - 2 Joe Davis (80.41)

I wonder if Mark Layton will give the full tour a go this year? Picked up 35 points for this one, so given his ability stands a reasonable chance of getting to Lakeside in 2019
WHat does the "full tour" consist of and how much does it cost?
For me it means playing some of the bigger opens in Western Europe and Scandinavia as well as the UK events. No idea what it would cost, but I'm sure the 3500 euros he won yesterday will help a bit!
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Edited by Admin
Last edited by BlueSpark on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Take your other forum issues elsewhere, not on the board.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

With all due respect, a player of Mark Layton's quality isnt going to qualify for Lakeside by just playing 12 events.
Big Jock Knew
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

dartsfacts wrote: WHat does the "full tour" consist of and how much does it cost?
Much less than the £15k the PDC tour costs. Wigan Travelodge is like staying at The Ritz every night.
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

markymark wrote:
dartsfacts wrote: WHat does the "full tour" consist of and how much does it cost?
Much less than the £15k the PDC tour costs. Wigan Travelodge is like staying at The Ritz every night.
I wud have thought that both tours wud cost round about the same amount. The big difference the rewards much greater in the PDC
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

4 premier inns in Wigan. But no travel lodge
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

masticman wrote:
markymark wrote:
I wud have thought that both tours wud cost round about the same amount. The big difference the rewards much greater in the PDC
What about entry fees?
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

masticman wrote:4 premier inns in Wigan. But no travel lodge
Shows I didn't research that hard enough! Good enough for Sir Lenny Henry and the PDC...
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

Addicks Fan wrote:
masticman wrote:
markymark wrote:
What about entry fees?
3 days in Malta 3 days in Wigan even with £100 entry fee gotta be round about the same price. But like I say rewards much greater in Wigan
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Addicks Fan wrote:
masticman wrote:
markymark wrote:
What about entry fees?
I've always thought that you could set those of against the prices for tickets to Romania, Sweden, Denmark, the Czech Republic, Poland etcetera. There can't always be cheap options available for those. Trips to Wigan (at least for UK players), should be a lot cheaper.
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

markymark wrote:
masticman wrote:4 premier inns in Wigan. But no travel lodge
Shows I didn't research that hard enough! Good enough for Sir Lenny Henry and the PDC...
Lol
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

masticman wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
masticman wrote:
markymark wrote:
What about entry fees?
3 days in Malta 3 days in Wigan even with £100 entry fee gotta be round about the same price. But like I say rewards much greater in Wigan
They don't go to Malta that often! Just as well by the sound of it...
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

‎EDO tournament director having a pop now.

Jean Haywood‎ to Malta Darts Association Community Group

Think I will give this one a miss in future, it has been a nightmare on so many levels. If it had not been so late I would not have travelled back on that coach, it was horrendous. Re the hotel, Roz and I hanging in but Monday can’t come quick enough. Re the Darts, well probably best left unsaid. Good luck for future events MDA.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Where is the solidarity.........tearing themselves apart......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

I suppose if treat as a holiday with a bit of darts thrown in then it's ok? But to go solely for the darts seems like a lot of wedge?
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

markymark wrote:
It's nowhere near £15k for the PDC, its only £4K in entry fees and probably the same in hotels and travel.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Malta - sounds like another cock up

Post by Ginge »

dartsfacts wrote:‎EDO tournament director having a pop now.

Jean Haywood‎ to Malta Darts Association Community Group

Think I will give this one a miss in future, it has been a nightmare on so many levels. If it had not been so late I would not have travelled back on that coach, it was horrendous. Re the hotel, Roz and I hanging in but Monday can’t come quick enough. Re the Darts, well probably best left unsaid. Good luck for future events MDA.
They drive like maniacs over there, I'm not surprised.
Big Jock Knew
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

dartsfacts wrote:
markymark wrote:
It's nowhere near £15k for the PDC, its only £4K in entry fees and probably the same in hotels and travel.
And for those living under a rock, the entry fees are being scrapped either 2018 or 2019
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Malta - sounds like another cock up

Post by Skewball »

billyd wrote:
dartsfacts wrote:
markymark wrote:
And for those living under a rock, the entry fees are being scrapped either 2018 or 2019
The new #dartsforall all hail Barry