MVG joins the JDC board of directors

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

MVG joins the JDC board of directors

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2017/11/15/van- ... -jdc-board

Going to be making appearances and speaking to the players.

MICHAEL VAN GERWEN is extending his support for the future stars of the sport by joining the Junior Darts Corporation's Board of Directors.

World Champion and world number one Van Gerwen is currently a Global Ambassador for the JDC, who operate the circuit of events for players aged from ten-17 as well as a series of Academies.

Van Gerwen is aiming to help the JDC continue their global growth after linking up with the organisation, where he will work alongside Chairman Steve Brown and fellow Directors Jamie Cooper and Jason Thame.

"I'm delighted to join the JDC Board of Directors," said the 28-year-old double World Champion.

"It really helped me when the PDC introduced their Youth Tour system and the JDC are providing the right environment for young players to achieve their potential.

"The professional set-up of the JDC is fantastic and I am very passionate about being an ambassador for young players.

"I believe that the JDC helps make players ready for life as a professional darts player and their Academies provide opportunities that were not around before.

"This is the perfect opportunity for me to give something back to the game I love."

JDC Chairman Steve Brown said: "We are delighted to welcome Michael van Gerwen to our Board of Directors. He brings with him a huge global profile and a wealth of experience.

"Nobody has ever fulfilled the potential they showed as a young player better than Michael and his knowledge, passion and reputation is an enormous boost to us an all of our members."

Van Gerwen will be appearing at the JDC European Open on Saturday December 2 in Bristol. For more information about the JDC please visit www.juniordarts.com.
devosteve
International

Re: MVG joins the JDC board of directors

Post by devosteve »

If you had a young kid getting into darts (watching and playing) JDC would be a must I would think.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

devosteve wrote:If you had a young kid getting into darts (watching and playing) JDC would be a must I would think.
Junior traitors.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: MVG joins the JDC board of directors

Post by Ginge »

dartsfacts wrote:
devosteve wrote:If you had a young kid getting into darts (watching and playing) JDC would be a must I would think.
Junior traitors.
Rob Longley on BDO Fanatics is fuming that they don't want to go to Bunn Leisure Park and win holiday vouchers for their parents, he thinks they should all be rounded up and shot.
Big Jock Knew
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Ginge wrote:
dartsfacts wrote:
Junior traitors.
Rob Longley on BDO Fanatics is fuming that they don't want to go to Bunn Leisure Park and win holiday vouchers for their parents, he thinks they should all be rounded up and shot.
Well with the BDO brigade and their fantastic averages, this Longley bloke could be stood 7 9 3/4 ft away and still miss them with a semi-automatic ;-)
mapleleafdarts
Steady Sixties

Post by mapleleafdarts »

Ginge wrote:
dartsfacts wrote:
Junior traitors.
The nerve. Kids wanting to make a few bucks. Stupid free-market thinking. I blame Russia.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Too much too soon? Look at what happens in Japan.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"