Skewball
International

Re: Good enough?

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: I know at least 4 of your 5 main players have played in the past.
neither for a few years.
:DDD: :DDD: I know three of them have played in a team with me...... you are being silly now.
:DDD: You numpty, you are getting confused with our B team!!!
the two are Marq and Craig.
No I am not, so you don't play with Mark and Craig then? along with you both of them have played in teams with me before.

I'm still waiting for the "at least 4 or 5' .
Keep trying
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
neither for a few years.
:DDD: :DDD: I know three of them have played in a team with me...... you are being silly now.
No I am not, so you don't play with Mark and Craig then? along with you both of them have played in teams with me before.

Keep trying
I never said that...I can see why Ian has so many problems with you now, I said 4 out of 5 of your main players. So there's you 3 Which is over half by the way, and that larger lad who's name escapes me, I know he has played before.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Good enough?

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: :DDD: :DDD: I know three of them have played in a team with me...... you are being silly now.

Keep trying
I never said that...I can see why Ian has so many problems with you now, I said 4 out of 5 of your main players. So there's you 3 Which is over half by the way, and that larger lad who's name escapes me, I know he has played before.
Nope. So not 4. I'm glad were agreed
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: RE: Re: Good enough?

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:

Keep trying
Well yes 3 +1 = 4. If you need confirmation ask Dr Murph.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Good enough?

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: No I am not, so you don't play with Mark and Craig then? along with you both of them have played in teams with me before.

Keep trying
Well yes 3 +1 = 4. If you need confirmation ask Dr Murph.
No, Paul had not played before.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

andydeano15 wrote:Good evening all,

First of all - hello :)

Although I've been browsing the forum for a while I haven't posted before.

My first post has two questions really:

1: I have been playing 'properly' for about 2 years now - and by that I mean I practice most nights for around an hour or so. I don't play competitively, and apart from the odd game against my brother who is a similar standard to me I mostly play against the computer. I have attached a screen shot of my 'typical game' below. Obviously this fluctuates a little, however I have never averaged over 55 after 6/7 or more legs. Based on this... would I be out of place in a typical pub team? As I would like to play competitively in order to try and improve my game. Although I'm conscious of being some way off the usual standard.
IMG_3832.PNG
2: In people's past experience, just how much can I improve from my current standard given that I practice almost every night and have been doing so for a couple of years now. Have I reached my 'peak' ability, or can I really add lots more to my game and play to a higher standard? The reason I ask is sometimes I feel as though progress is very slow and that I'm not seeing the benefit of all the practice.

Thanks for reading and for any advice anybody may be able to offer.

Andrew.
You've chosen a nice hobby!

You can improve up to MvG-levels, all you've got to do, is see what he knows he can repeat and then do that yourself.

Enjoy.
chateauman
Steady Sixties

Post by chateauman »

Definitely good enough for pub leagues, but as another poster said be prepared to have a dip in form compared to at home.

I regularly average 80 - 90 at home over say 5 to 10 legs but struggle in comps to reproduce this, I guess due to nerves. I wish I could play pub darts but living in France there just isn't anywhere to play. :(

Also, I should say 1 hour a day is good but more is better. Good luck.