What would you do in January if you were Glenn?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here

What would you do in January if you were Glenn?

Play Lakeside. Get to at least Semi's and wait to see if Invite comes but don't play Q-School and so stay in BDO. (Glen last year)
17%
Play Lakeside, get to Semi and play Q-School if no invite forthcoming and risk not getting Winnings and risk failure to Qualify.
65%
Play Lakeside and effectively 'not try too hard', get knocked out and play Q-School (Well, we have seen this before)
11%
Do not play Lakeside. Go to Q School fresh.
7%

Total votes: 46

BlueSpark
International

Re: RE: Re: What would you do in January if you were Glenn?

Post by BlueSpark »

ifm wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:When will the aggressive posting style be posted?
Now is your time Neil, show ssja how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Way ahead of you.
I tried to cease this discussion by amending the thread title, the cause of the debate.
Unfortunately, I either don't know how to, or you have to be an admin to do so.
I have highlighted the issue in the staff room :grin:
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What would you do in January if you were Glenn?

Post by ifm »

BlueSpark wrote:
ifm wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:When will the aggressive posting style be posted?
Now is your time Neil, show ssja how to do it.

Way ahead of you.
I tried to cease this discussion by amending the thread title, the cause of the debate.
Unfortunately, I either don't know how to, or you have to be an admin to do so.
I have highlighted the issue in the staff room :grin:
I meant how to moderate fairly, you know, don't attack the victim but chastise the aggressors instead?

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What would you do in January if you were Glenn?

Post by Skewball »

ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:Oh dear.
With the greatest of respect David, think your posting style is better suited to alternative forums. Whilst you will always be welcome to post here, would appreciate it, if you at least made an effort to make a positive contribution to our threads.
He does have a point about the 'Glen' thing.
What point is that?
That your complete ignorance is there for all to see.
Marvellous. Ignorance added to the list of crimes when spelling a man's name wrong. Please don't change the title anyone. This is all hilarious.
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What would you do in January if you were Glenn?

Post by Skewball »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
With the greatest of respect David, think your posting style is better suited to alternative forums. Whilst you will always be welcome to post here, would appreciate it, if you at least made an effort to make a positive contribution to our threads.
Dear lord, the guy was personally abused by 2 different posters, ones with history of aggressive posting and you have a go at him??
How are you still a mod??
Thanks, IFM. As you know I'm thick skinned enough not to worry about being called a prick, but it is hilarious that personal abuse is tolerated but "posting style" is given a slap by a mod. :D
I agree. I might report your first post for personal abuse. I was quite upset.
If someone called me a prick I don't think I could cope. I'd have to cry about it for 2 days.
Last edited by Skewball on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What would you do in January if you were Glenn?

Post by Deleted User »

Skewball wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Dear lord, the guy was personally abused by 2 different posters, ones with history of aggressive posting and you have a go at him??
Thanks, IFM. As you know I'm thick skinned enough not to worry about being called a prick, but it is hilarious that personal abuse is tolerated but "posting style" is given a slap by a mod. :D
If someone called me a prick I don't think I could cope.
You certainly can't cope with a 4 letter word.

"Glen", for example. :)
Murphio
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What would you do in January if you were Glenn?

Post by Murphio »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Skewball wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
If someone called me a prick I don't think I could cope.
You certainly can't cope with a 4 letter word.

"Glen", for example. :)
You really are a self important tool. Get a life.
ifm
International

Re: What would you do in January if you were Glenn?

Post by ifm »

You reacted with personal abuse, says a lot, anyway, we now know your maths is shocking and you are ignorant of a subject you wanted to discuss.

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

What do Colin Osbourne, Michael van Gerwin and Jelle Klassen think of all this?
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Re: RE: Re: What would you do in January if you were Glenn?

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:What do Colin Osbourne, Michael van Gerwin and Jelle Klassen think of all this?
:D Incoming!
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

ifm wrote:You reacted with personal abuse, says a lot, anyway, we now know your maths is shocking and you are ignorant of a subject you wanted to discuss.

:grin: :grin: Oh the ironing
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

DavidOwen67 wrote:Firstly, who is Glenn? Have the decency to spell his name correctly.

Secondly, he will be at Lakeside, but I'm fairly sure his main sponsor, Mac Elkin wanted him to switch last year.

I suspect the ultimatum will be "Switch after Lakeside or lose your main sponsor".
Firstly do not come on here acting the bdo mong despite spending years arse licking the PDC.

Secondly, you are a flakey rooster.
Booji Boy
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What would you do in January if you were Glenn?

Post by Booji Boy »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
"Flakey skinned"
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Astonvilla wrote:IFM A contract for a sporting event you have qualified for by your efforts over the preceding year shouldnt have a contract tying you into the same organisation for the next year by threatening your prize money.

Its a totally immoral attempt by the Board to keep players and shows them to be unfit to hold the office that they do.
Absolutely agree 100% with this and I think immoral is the exact word we were all searching for.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote:
Astonvilla wrote:IFM A contract for a sporting event you have qualified for by your efforts over the preceding year shouldnt have a contract tying you into the same organisation for the next year by threatening your prize money.

Its a totally immoral attempt by the Board to keep players and shows them to be unfit to hold the office that they do.
Absolutely agree 100% with this and I think immoral is the exact word we were all searching for.

I'm torn it really. Its an awful contract to present with someone and feels immoral. But once you sign it...... hmm, thats a tough one then.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

If you don't like it don't sign it.........your choice is made simple then.......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

I'm torn it really. Its an awful contract to present with someone and feels immoral. But once you sign it...... hmm, thats a tough one then.
If you don't sign it then all the money spent getting to the finals is wasted and you are ruling yourself out of your biggest payday of the year.
There is no doubt in my mind that this is immoral and probably illegal. Like I said before if they spent as much time promoting their organisation as they do dreaming up ways to stop the talent leaving and themselves from being ousted then the BDO would not be in the state it is.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

nikkiboy wrote:
Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

If you don't sign it then all the money spent getting to the finals is wasted and you are ruling yourself out of your biggest payday of the year.
There is no doubt in my mind that this is immoral and probably illegal. Like I said before if they spent as much time promoting their organisation as they do dreaming up ways to stop the talent leaving and themselves from being ousted then the BDO would not be in the state it is.
You are of course spot on. Only a complete dimwit would see it otherwise. The notion any contract can be justified on the basis that no one is forced to sign it is beyond contempt. Coercing players to stay within their system with blackmail instead of encouraging them with incentives has been the hallmark of the BDO since the split. I keep coming back to it though; the players have all the power. Why, collectively, they allow this situation is utterly beyond me. If everyone refuses to sign then no one has to.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Murphio wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

You are of course spot on. Only a complete dimwit would see it otherwise. The notion any contract can be justified on the basis that no one is forced to sign it is beyond contempt. Coercing players to stay within their system with blackmail instead of encouraging them with incentives has been the hallmark of the BDO since the split. I keep coming back to it though; the players have all the power. Why, collectively, they allow this situation is utterly beyond me. If everyone refuses to sign then no one has to.
There will always be one or two players who have absolute no intention of ever switching (Adams, Monty) and they would sign it regardless.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Murphio wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Absolutely but the problem with that is that this board are so stubborn you would wonder if they would cancel the whole thing just because they can and so that they get the "win"
What they should actually be doing if they want to keep the talent is to offer said incentives, winner £100k PLUS £50k appearance fee to play X amount of BDO tournaments throughout the year and the money is paid later in the year. Pro rata the same for the runner up and semi finalists, job done and if they go to Q school the BDO save that money.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Ginge wrote:
Murphio wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: Absolutely agree 100% with this and I think immoral is the exact word we were all searching for.

There will always be one or two players who have absolute no intention of ever switching (Adams, Monty) and they would sign it regardless.
It's not about whether you have any intention of switching. It's about showing solidarity with fellow players over an unfair, immoral and possibly illegal contract. Besides, it wouldn't require 100 per cent co-operation. Just enough of the field so that the BDO board would have no choice but to abandon it.