Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Paddy McGinty »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:I think my avatar says it all really.
Bullying, plain and simple.
Nasty piece of work.
Twats....... :grin:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
ssjsa wrote:Have to say would like to see both Hamilton and Newton qualify for Lakeside.

If they do, think it will show the BDO in a good light, highlighting a healthy cross code dynamic.

Two former Top 8 PDC players given opportunities in the premier BDO event is great copy, and in the event one, or both qualify, this should be promoted to death on all the BDO media mediums.
An embarrassment if they do make it.

Two former PL players who lost their form so badly that they lost their tour cards and fell out of the top 128 in the PDC both making it to the BDO flagship event? I would be a massive negative for the BDO.
Incorrect....two former BDO players returning home.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
An embarrassment if they do make it.

Two former PL players who lost their form so badly that they lost their tour cards and fell out of the top 128 in the PDC both making it to the BDO flagship event? I would be a massive negative for the BDO.
Incorrect....two former BDO players returning home.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I am glad the text was there at the bottom, no way would I have worked that out.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Likes his gifs does our David.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

BlueSpark wrote:I am glad the text was there at the bottom, no way would I have worked that out.
Like I can remove them? :D
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ChrisW wrote:Likes his gifs does our David.
Yes. Yes, I do.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
devosteve wrote:Wes Newton at lakeside. Now that would create some interest (and also Hamilton ).

With ticket sales and viewing figures on the decline lakeside needs a bit of a lift.
It'll have a lift when we are there Steve my old son.
You attending this time?
Anyone on the forum for that matter?
Of course, what true darts fan wouldn't want to watch real darts.......
Not on Ch4 this year if the rumours are true but I'll probably be there again.
This will be enormous news if true. If Lakeside is not on mainstream TV then surely its the end game for the BDO (As a alternative to PDC for top players) in its current guise. No way will Bob stump up the same prize money if not on proper TV?

Anyway, still just rumours.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
devosteve wrote:Wes Newton at lakeside. Now that would create some interest (and also Hamilton ).

With ticket sales and viewing figures on the decline lakeside needs a bit of a lift.
It'll have a lift when we are there Steve my old son.
You attending this time?
Anyone on the forum for that matter?
Of course, what true darts fan wouldn't want to watch real darts.......
Not on Ch4 this year if the rumours are true but I'll probably be there again.
This will be enormous news if true. If Lakeside is not on mainstream TV then surely its the end game for the BDO (As a alternative to PDC for top players) in its current guise. No way will Bob stump up the same prize money if not on proper TV?

Anyway, still just rumours.
WTF...of course he will.....you have no idea......
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy is right, he probably will as he will assume he will still get the same throughput through the front doors, at least this time he would. Of course if it vanishes from terrestrial telly then the numbers may start to slowly dwindle in future years as they solely rely on people who already know about the event to continue going to it, but that wouldnt happen instantly.

Also where has Nick heard this "rumour"?
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Oh and in case anyone was in any doubt that it wasnt being held at Lakeside (which was a ridiculous rumour anyway)...

http://www.lakesideworlddarts.co.uk/a/tickets.php
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Paul James mentioned it on fanatics a few days back

I’m certain it will be on C4
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Is that the same Paul who finds any excuse to lay into the BDO yet cries when people do the same about the EDO? That Paul, yes?

I'd take it with a pinch of salt, then.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:Paddy is right, he probably will as he will assume he will still get the same throughput through the front doors, at least this time he would. Of course if it vanishes from terrestrial telly then the numbers may start to slowly dwindle in future years as they solely rely on people who already know about the event to continue going to it, but that wouldnt happen instantly.

I disagree. If at Lakeside (and like you I am 99% certain it will be) but with no mainstream TV booked there is no doubt that if I was Potter I would reduce the Prize Money sponsorship. Why wouldn't he? is he a charity? He has them over a barrel. But anyway, I am not Bob so who knows, its possible he might have already committed to the prize money.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:Paddy is right, he probably will as he will assume he will still get the same throughput through the front doors, at least this time he would. Of course if it vanishes from terrestrial telly then the numbers may start to slowly dwindle in future years as they solely rely on people who already know about the event to continue going to it, but that wouldnt happen instantly.

I disagree. If at Lakeside (and like you I am 99% certain it will be) but with no mainstream TV booked there is no doubt that if I was Potter I would reduce the Prize Money sponsorship. Why wouldn't he? is he a charity? He has them over a barrel. But anyway, I am not Bob so who knows, its possible he might have already committed to the prize money.
As already said, even if its not on terrestrial TV in 2019 it wont actually mean less people through the door in 2019, thats all he will actually care about.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote:

As already said, even if its not on terrestrial TV in 2019 it wont actually mean less people through the door in 2019, thats all he will actually care about.
But you are missing the point that he can just reduce the prize money and make more profit. It will be at Lakeside whether its on Ch4 or not. So he will just say to the BDO I am halving the prize money this year because I am sponsoring something that will not get as much PR. He will still get the all the people through the door. Win Win.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

We shall see, not that I expect any issues anyway, C4 will sign on the dotted line eventually.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:We shall see, not that I expect any issues anyway, C4 will sign on the dotted line eventually.
yes, me too. Just a bit of smart negotiating from CH4.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I will suggest the delay was them waiting to see what the rugby schedule was looking like, C4 now have a live rugby game to fit in on the same weekend as the Lakeside semis and final.
Big Jock Knew
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Ginge wrote:Oh and in case anyone was in any doubt that it wasnt being held at Lakeside (which was a ridiculous rumour anyway)...

http://www.lakesideworlddarts.co.uk/a/tickets.php
Think I've posted a link to this before and was told that it has been like that from when Lakeside finished or something along those lines.