Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
WCDPA
International

Re: RE: Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by WCDPA »

Skewball wrote:
Robson wrote:Durrent has one hand on retaining the trophy already - Hes the most dominant shooter in the game - MVG can have a bad night and be beat by Anderson Wright or other players - That hardly ever happens to Durrent in the BDO - I know the PDC have a slightly better players than the BDO - And MVG is still better than Durrent - But I have to admire Durrents ability - The best Lakeside champion since RVB -

Robson
They said that about Bunting
The difference is Glen defended his title and won ...............would have gone if like Bunting he had been offered a tour card after 1st title .
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Robson wrote:Durrent has one hand on retaining the trophy already - Hes the most dominant shooter in the game - MVG can have a bad night and be beat by Anderson Wright or other players - That hardly ever happens to Durrent in the BDO - I know the PDC have a slightly better players than the BDO - And MVG is still better than Durrent - But I have to admire Durrents ability - The best Lakeside champion since RVB -

Robson
So you are suggesting the BDO is more boring and predictable than the PDC. Interesting.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

:D
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Skewball »

WCDPA wrote:
Skewball wrote:

Robson
The difference is Glen defended his title and won ...............would have gone if like Bunting he had been offered a tour card after 1st title .
Exactly, Glenn would be top 16 ish like Bunting.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Skewball wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Skewball wrote:

Robson
Ability-wise should Glen decide to enter the entertainment world he'd be top 10.

Thankfully he prefers darts to entertainment.
UKDA 4 Life
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Skewball »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Skewball wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Skewball wrote:

Robson
Ability-wise should Glen decide to enter the entertainment world he'd be top 10.

Thankfully he prefers darts to entertainment.
Abilty wise 100% agree.
motiviation and mental strength to play and win enough to get into the top 10? different matter entirely.

oh, and re the darts entertainment - yawn, lets all just drop this nonsense. I will if others will! lol
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

Robson
So you are suggesting the BDO is more boring and predictable than the PDC. Interesting.
The BDO is not on TV every other week - We have to see MVG winning most weeks - And it gets a bit boring bud - BDO is not on that much - And while Durrent usually wins - The BDO is such a breath of fresh air that it doesnt matter that he dominates -

Robson
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Skewball wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Skewball wrote:

Robson
Durrent is top 10 - So will be Bunting when he picks up his game -

Robson
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Robson wrote:
Skewball wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Skewball wrote:

Robson
Robson
When is this metamorphosis likely to take place Robson.

Pretty sure I heard Stephen say in an interview at one of the most recent ET events, that he was currently playing the best darts of his life. ;-)

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Bunting's days of being top 10 in the world are behind him.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Black Velvet wrote:Bunting's days of being top 10 in the world are behind him.
A change of darts fucked him
UKDA 4 Life
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Yep, 100%.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:Bunting's days of being top 10 in the world are behind him.
A change of darts fekked him
I agree and have said this ad infinitum on the forum. Bunting played well when he first switched to the PDC, and whether it was a financial decision and/or a genuine desire to try to get himself to get to the highest echelons of the PDC it was a mistake.

Having changed back to his original darts, is rediscovering some form, and hopefully can reach the business end of some Majors again.

Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

ssjsa wrote:
Robson wrote:
Skewball wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Skewball wrote:They said that about Bunting
Robson

Pretty sure I heard Stephen say in an interview at one of the most recent ET events, that he was currently playing the best darts of his life. ;-)
He will find his form ssja - Sometimes takes a while for the BDO shooters to find their feet in the PDC - Took MVG Klassen and others years - Once Bunting matures - He will be a force to be reckoned with -

Robson
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

Robson wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Robson wrote:
Skewball wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Robson

He will find his form ssja - Sometimes takes a while for the BDO shooters to find their feet in the PDC - Took MVG Klassen and others years - Once Bunting matures - He will be a force to be reckoned with -

Robson
Ah, so same as Adams
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ssjsa; what was Bunting's mistake; switching codes or switching darts?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

devosteve wrote:ssjsa; what was Bunting's mistake; switching codes or switching darts?
In my opinion switched at the right time, as he was playing really well. In all fairness I thought he did brilliant in his first season, bearing in mind he went into every floor tournament as an unneeded player and was in the hands of the gods in the draw he got.

Again, only my opinion, but if he had kept to the darts which he was so comfortable with, and had proved to be successful, for me he would have established himself fairly comfortably in the Top 16, and could have pushed for the Top 10.

As I have articulated ad infinitum on the forum, I am pretty shit at darts, but despite that, I can guarantee that when a player is on a huge pressure double, with a dart or darts in their hand, they know they can trust, the likelihood of them hitting that double is far higher than when they have doubts about the equipment in hand.

Bunting is playing much better now, however it remains to be seen if he will get back to his best following the dent to his confidence he has experienced over the past couple of years.

The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

ssjsa wrote:
devosteve wrote:ssjsa; what was Bunting's mistake; switching codes or switching darts?
In my opinion switched at the right time, as he was playing really well. In all fairness I thought he did brilliant in his first season, bearing in mind he went into every floor tournament as an unneeded player and was in the hands of the gods in the draw he got.

Again, only my opinion, but if he had kept to the darts which he was so comfortable with, and had proved to be successful, for me he would have established himself fairly comfortably in the Top 16, and could have pushed for the Top 10.

As I have articulated ad infinitum on the forum, I am pretty shit at darts, but despite that, I can guarantee that when a player is on a huge pressure double, with a dart or darts in their hand, they know they can trust, the likelihood of them hitting that double is far higher than when they have doubts about the equipment in hand.

Bunting is playing much better now, however it remains to be seen if he will get back to his best following the dent to his confidence he has experienced over the past couple of years.
Buntings problem is that you have to perform consistently well over some 30 weekends in a year. While he showed he can compete and can beat the best he just hasn’t done it enough over enough weekends. Consistency is what separates the very best
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

26scored wrote:
Robson wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Robson wrote:
Skewball wrote:Exactly, Glenn would be top 16 ish like Bunting.
Robson

Robson
Ah, so same as Adams
Adams was a fine player - But I dont think he was as good as Durrent is now - Or Bunting was when he won Lakeside - I think Bunting and Durrent are the two best BDO players this decade - Obviously the BDO was stronger in the late 90s and early 2000s - I still think those fields are the strongest of all time -

Robson
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Gleaned this from the Darts Australia website. Confirmation of the way the Lakeside qualifier will be chosen:

DARTS AUSTRALIA GRAND PRIX ANNOUNCEMENT

In response to feedback from its members Darts Australia is amending the rewards on offer to the participants of the Darts Australia Grand Prix circuit.

The top ranked Male and Female player at the conclusion of the Pacific Masters will be rewarded with a return Airfare to the UK to compete in the Winmau World Masters.

At the conclusion of the final tournament of the year (currently the Australian Masters) the top ranked Male player will be rewarded with a place in the BDO Lakeside World Professional Championships held in January each year in Frimley Green, UK.

Airfares and Accommodation for the BDO Lakeside World Professional are courtesy of the British Darts Organisation.

In order to facilitate this change the Grand Prix year will change to a calendar year effective immediately.

In addition the following rewards will be applied to the top ranked Male and Female players at the conclusion of the Darts Australia Grand Prix:

2nd Placed Male and Female: $400 each
3rd Placed Male and Female: $300 each
4th Placed Male and Female: $200 each
5th Placed Male and Female: $100 each