Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Broken tibia and broken ankle

He won’t be standing on it for long periods to throw darts in 4 months let alone 4 weeks

Something tells me the only reason he hasn’t dropped out is because he would lose his first round money if they get a replacement, pull out the week of the event and the person he was playing just gets a bye
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

As an aside, this is the most promotion the BDO have obtained for the winner of their 2nd biggest event in decades.
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Despaula's post reads like a script from Some Mothers Do Ave Em....
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

trotter wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:35 pm Despaula's post reads like a script from Some Mothers Do Ave Em....

Ooooh Dessy!
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

We are blessed with the amount of medical practitioners and legal experts on here.........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Paddy McGinty wrote:We are blessed with the amount of medical practitioners and legal experts on here.........
In fairness Zapp rang This Morning and asked Dr Hillary Jones for his prognosis.
UKDA 4 Life
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:54 pm We are blessed with the amount of medical practitioners and legal experts on here.........
Leave Des alone!!!!
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Zapp has made some calls to Bolognas hospital to get some real info and about how much it costs

They told him to fuck off
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

oche balboa wrote:Zapp has made some calls to Bolognas hospital to get some real info and about how much it costs

They told him to fek off
I’ve actually been in Leeds buying a new guitar, no Italians spoken to today.

I do love how defensive people have got on how long long a broken tibia and ankle takes to heal. A bloke who works for me has broken his ankle and he’s back at work on Monday after 4 months off and he’s been told he can’t put any serious weight on it.

If you want some reading material padds, darts or oche you can try here https://support.fitforwork.org/app/answ ... 2Ffracture

They suggest up to a year for a weight bearing bone to be back up to full fitness
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Zapp has made some calls to Bolognas hospital to get some real info and about how much it costs

They told him to fek off

I do love how defensive people have got on how long long a broken tibia and ankle takes to heal. A bloke who works for me has broken his ankle and he’s back at work on Monday after 4 months off and he’s been told he can’t put any serious weight on it.

If you want some reading material padds, darts or oche you can try here https://support.fitforwork.org/app/answ ... 2Ffracture

They suggest up to a year for a weight bearing bone to be back up to full fitness
Yes but healing time on the BDO tour is less. Or something.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:52 pm

They told him to fek off

:DDD: I broke my Tibia and Fibia and was back in action after 2 months, of course it did take longer to recover fully, also twisted my ankle off whilst doing a bit of off piste, they put a couple of plates in and I was back in action after 6 weeks, however it did take around 12 months for me to gain full fitness. After the initial period I could still play darts, to be honest it doesn't take much to walk 7 foot and back does it? Hardly running a marathon is it.....
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:

They told him to fek off

:DDD: I broke my Tibia and Fibia and was back in action after 2 months, of course it did take longer to recover fully, also twisted my ankle off whilst doing a bit of off piste, they put a couple of plates in and I was back in action after 6 weeks, however it did take around 12 months for me to gain full fitness. After the initial period I could still play darts, to be honest it doesn't take much to walk 7 foot and back does it? Hardly running a marathon is it.....
2 months from now is long after Lakeside is finished.

Suppose everyone is different. When I broke my leg I was in hospital for 6 weeks. Was only 3 years old, mind.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:50 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote:

They told him to fek off

Suppose everyone is different. When I broke my leg I was in hospital for 6 weeks. Was only 3 years old, mind.
Did they throw you down the stairs?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Paddy McGinty wrote:

They told him to fek off

Yes but that was both bones so it takes a little longer, 6 weeks is average for a clean break.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

They told him to fek off

Did they throw you down the stairs?
No.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

They told him to fek off

Yes but that was both bones so it takes a little longer, 6 weeks is average for a clean break.
Ah so you are a doctor as well, Its so good to have such experts on hand in Tsod ,as you pointed out above we are indeed blessed.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Don't see what all the fuss is about.
He can turn up for his first round match with his leg hanging off, and if it starts to smart a bit during the opening set, he can hop backstage for Trina to give it a bit of a rub.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Let’s just wait and see
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I would suggest contacting Cadby's physio team. They did a great job on getting him back on the oche.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

ChrisW wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:44 am I would suggest contacting Cadby's physio team. They did a great job on getting him back on the oche.
:DDD: :DDD: