Dave Parletti forgets to renew his holiday insurance

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ifm
International

Re: Dave Parletti forgets to renew his holiday insurance

Post by ifm »

Murphio wrote:Some very strange things get chewed over on this board. It''s like Tales of the Unexpected.
Maybe it's me, i think it's easier and decent to simply say "get well soon" than to hunt down his company's sick pay policy and his tournament history in order to have a pop at a fella that could easily have died.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
nikkiboy
International

Re: RE: Re: Dave Parletti forgets to renew his holiday insurance

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:Some very strange things get chewed over on this board. It''s like Tales of the Unexpected.
Maybe it's me, i think it's easier and decent to simply say "get well soon" than to hunt down his company's sick pay policy and his tournament history in order to have a pop at a fella that could easily have died.
If you don't want comment or criticism then keep it off of social media, once you get the begging bowl out you open yourself up to it.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:
If you don't want comment or criticism then keep it off of social media, once you get the begging bowl out you open yourself up to it.
Are people having a go at Dave Parletti for making a mistake over his travel insurance? As far as I can see this is the first tournament he's played abroad in the last year, so he probably just didn't think about it. Or are people having a go at Dave Parletti for getting holed up in a Czech hospital for an unknown length of time after a life-threatening incident, and his wife using social media to raise money for him?

Either way it seems pretty pathetic to me - hope he gets well soon
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

ifm wrote:
It's you
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Addicks Fan wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:
Are people having a go at Dave Parletti for making a mistake over his travel insurance? As far as I can see this is the first tournament he's played abroad in the last year, so he probably just didn't think about it. Or are people having a go at Dave Parletti for getting holed up in a Czech hospital for an unknown length of time after a life-threatening incident, and his wife using social media to raise money for him?

Haven't read anyone saying anything but Best wishes for his health?
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

craigmc wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:

Yet you replied to my previous post where i mention what people have been doing, strange one.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

craigmc wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:

And had a go at him as well!
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:
The guy isn't asking for the entry fee for q school ffs

Madsocks
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ifm wrote:
I personally wouldnt have thought it an interesting topic of discussion; a part time dart player? having his apprendix out. Bizarre levels of geekery.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:
The guy isn't asking for the entry fee for q school ffs
No the guy that won £3k last week wants Joe public to fund another £3k to get home after he couldn't be bothered to buy travel insurance or renew his eh1c card. That is how some are viewing it and it is exactly what has happened and the moment Joe public are brought into the equation then Joe public have the right to comment as they see fit, just because you don't like some of what's being said does not make them wrong or their opinions any less valid than yours.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

"couldn't be bothered", jeez the incident changed you, you've become a cynical little man, it's not pretty.

Madsocks
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:"couldn't be bothered", jeez the incident changed you, you've become a cynical little man, it's not pretty.
Well how would you describe not buying travel insurance for an overseas trip or making sure you have a valid eh1c card with you?
He is extremely lucky that he was only in an eu country, had he been in the USA or anywhere else outside of Europe he would also be facing hundreds of thousands of pounds in medical bills.
Single trip travel insurance circa £20 and now his family are trying to raise cash to get him home.
As for he incident changing my opinions you want to turn absolutely everything into a bdo v pdc woe is me persecution case, guess what this has fek all to do with the BDO it has to do with someone who stupidly travelled with no insurance and was unlucky to get caught out in a very serious way.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Over 2 grand raised already.
Surely won't need all that.
Not if the EH1C card covers the bills.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote:Over 2 grand raised already.
Don't think it covers getting him home, your travel insurance would have covered that.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Over 2 grand raised already.
Don't think it covers getting him home, your travel insurance would have covered that.
Like Col said earlier, I also have some with my bank account.
A period of rest in the hospital then a flight home, not that expensive. Job done.
I wish him well, don't know what Ian was banging about earlier. No sympathy though, not having insurance. Also would not have gone begging on the internet, but there you are. And I don't even get sick pay.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:"couldn't be bothered", jeez the incident changed you, you've become a cynical little man, it's not pretty.
Well how would you describe not buying travel insurance for an overseas trip or making sure you have a valid eh1c card with you?
He is extremely lucky that he was only in an eu country, had he been in the USA or anywhere else outside of Europe he would also be facing hundreds of thousands of pounds in medical bills.
Single trip travel insurance circa £20 and now his family are trying to raise cash to get him home.
As for he incident changing my opinions you want to turn absolutely everything into a bdo v pdc woe is me persecution case, guess what this has fek all to do with the BDO it has to do with someone who stupidly travelled with no insurance and was unlucky to get caught out in a very serious way.
So he "couldn't be bothered" and his wife has lied on the internet to fraudulently get some free cash?
You are some piece of work i tell ya.

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
So he "couldn't be bothered" and his wife has lied on the internet to fraudulently get some free cash?
Where has anyone said she has lied or been fraudulent?
Nick even donated you plonker.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

BlueSpark wrote:
ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Well she said they had forgotten to renew, Nikk says he "couldn't be bothered" so obviously she has lied.......

Madsocks
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Well she said they had forgotten to renew, Nikk says he "couldn't be bothered" so obviously she has lied.......
Are you being deliberately stupid or do you struggle with reading?
You do know that travel insurance and the eh1c card are two different things, one you purchase whenever you go abroad the other is free but you have to do a couple of clicks on the Internet to renew it.
May I suggest you read what I wrote again.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Oh dear