PDC Q School 18th-21st January 2018

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Murphio
International

Re: Q School Entry List. 2018

Post by Murphio »

Skewball wrote:Yeah but he's(And others) not gonna try and lose I'm sure. If anyone is truly aiming to do just that then I guess they will turn up just for one day ?
I know it's more competitive on the main tour, obviously, but it's also now free. You'd have thought aspiring players are going to learn more on the main tour. Then again I'm sure it must be demoralising being beaten every week ala Hankey.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ross Montgomery spotted at a taxi rank in Brentwood with a load of papers in his hand....
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:Ross Montgomery spotted at a taxi rank in Brentwood with a load of papers in his hand....
ha ha,

Transfer Deadline Day!!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:Ross Montgomery spotted at a taxi rank in Brentwood with a load of papers in his hand....
ha ha,

Transfer Deadline Day!!
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Living room needs papering.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

I think you are taking this too far.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Has Glen switched yet?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Indeed. Theres no chance he will switch.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/glen ... n-14158803

"I've got a county match on Sunday. I play for Yorkshire now, who are a bit like the Manchester City of the darts world. We've got players like Mark McGeeney, Scott Waites and John Walton in our team. We're away to West Midlands on Sunday so I'll have to get focused on that."

:DDD: :DDD:
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/glen ... n-14158803

"I've got a county match on Sunday. I play for Yorkshire now, who are a bit like the Manchester City of the darts world. We've got players like Mark McGeeney, Scott Waites and John Walton in our team. We're away to West Midlands on Sunday so I'll have to get focused on that."

:DDD: :DDD:
Why is that funny?
Yorkshire have dominated the BICC for years.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I was just bemused to see Man City and John Walton in the same paragraph, never thought I would see the day :D
Big Jock Knew
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

Ginge wrote:I was just bemused to see Man City and John Walton in the same paragraph, never thought I would see the day :D
John Boy had a 102 average over 6 legs in Chesterfield Singles league last Wednesday. He still chucks a good dart.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ex world champion
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Duzza says in that article he will entering the Dutch Open to answer the questions of yesterday.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Seems a lot of cash and you are not even guaranteed entry into UK opens as was first advertised..........players being duped again.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Hearn and the PDPA not singing from the same hymmsheet on that one. They need to clarify it, because there are going to be a lot of narked players if they dont finish in the top 128 of Q School without a card.

Also you cant just merge the two Schools together as the Euro one will involve less matches.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

A lot of the Euro lads will not travel over
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:Hearn and the PDPA not singing from the same hymmsheet on that one. They need to clarify it, because there are going to be a lot of narked players if they dont finish in the top 128 of Q School without a card.

Also you cant just merge the two Schools together as the Euro one will involve less matches.
Last year they never had 250 entries for any of the 6 qualifiers so to cap it at 256 makes sense otherwise your going to end up with close to 600 there for 96 places.

I dont really have an issue with it as long as the euro tour qualifiers and Challenge tours arnt capped.

Last year only the top 50 got points, including the winners each day. So your pretty much just looking at the people that arnt winning a game at Qschool or are really only winning 1 or 2 all weekend, should they really be taking up UK open places?

The one thing though is if they dont get a UK open qualifier spot they should be allowed to do the pub qualifiers.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:Hearn and the PDPA not singing from the same hymmsheet on that one. They need to clarify it, because there are going to be a lot of narked players if they dont finish in the top 128 of Q School without a card.

Last year they never had 250 entries for any of the 6 qualifiers so to cap it at 256 makes sense otherwise your going to end up with close to 600 there for 96 places.

I dont really have an issue with it as long as the euro tour qualifiers and Challenge tours arnt capped.

Last year only the top 50 got points, including the winners each day. So your pretty much just looking at the people that arnt winning a game at Qschool or are really only winning 1 or 2 all weekend, should they really be taking up UK open places?

The one thing though is if they dont get a UK open qualifier spot they should be allowed to do the pub qualifiers.
Thats all fair enough but it all should have been made clear at the start.

Also are both schools 1 point for a win? One school has 3 times less entrants that t'other, you just cant merge the lists.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Thats all fair enough but it all should have been made clear at the start.

Also are both schools 1 point for a win? One school has 3 times less entrants that t'other, you just cant merge the lists.
I think Hearn just has the wrong end of the stick, he even says he’s not sure

So long as they have the same setup for qschool there is no need to cap entires, might be a long day but it’s only for 6 tournaments