PDC Q School 18th-21st January 2018

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dannyboy
International

Re: PDC Q School 18th-21st January 2018

Post by Dannyboy »

Murschell and Harrington also guaranteed cards now.

Simon Stevenson and Gary Eastwood move to the 10 point mark which should/could be enough.

Mark Wilson, Callan Rydz, Darren Beveridge and Ryan Murray eliminated with 9 - going to be squeaky bum time for them. 34 players beneath them still in who can theoretically overtake them still. Not that I think many of them will.
chue05
Steady Sixties

Post by chue05 »

Dannyboy wrote:Murschell and Harrington also guaranteed cards now.

Simon Stevenson and Gary Eastwood move to the 10 point mark which should/could be enough.

Mark Wilson, Callan Rydz, Darren Beveridge and Ryan Murray eliminated with 9 - going to be squeaky bum time for them. 34 players beneath them still in who can theoretically overtake them still. Not that I think many of them will.
Isn't Luke Woodhouse also on 9 points too - eliminated by Murschell?
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

chue05 wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:Murschell and Harrington also guaranteed cards now.

Isn't Luke Woodhouse also on 9 points too - eliminated by Murschell?
He is indeed. He's in the strongest position amongst that group. Peter Hudson is still in too on 9 points; needing probably 1 more win to guarantee his spot.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Astonvilla wrote:I think O'Shea knew he faced a stiff task but at least he gave it a go. Still he can focus on lakeside now.
He said the reason he went to qschool was because he didn’t want to go round chasing points for lakeside

Doing the challenge tour and staying close to home will suit him fine
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Astonvilla wrote:I think O'Shea knew he faced a stiff task but at least he gave it a go. Still he can focus on lakeside now.
He said the reason he went to qschool was because he didn’t want to go round chasing points for lakeside

I think he said he'd had a good start to Lakeside qualification so could always do that as well as UK Opens and Euro Tours ...so can do challenge tour and Euros and still do BDO events if he doesn't get into Pro tours through the challenge tour....not a bad position.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

He'll be happy with the challenge tour and he can visit Darryl whilst he's having his op, maybe smuggle some beer in and then help him recuperate at home. I fully blame that belly bounce for doing in Darryls hip ;-)
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Yes I think he always planned to do lakeside unless he had managed to get a Tour card. The only disappointment would be if he finished so low he couldnt do the UK Opens. Im sure he thought that wouldnt be a problem.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Ryan Meikle & Terry Temple now have tour cards.

9 places to be decided still.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

A massive Lottery

But Hughes and Menzies have themselves to blame.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Mark Wilson & Callan Rydz on the verge of elimination.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Bradley Brooks one game from guaranteeing a card. :darts
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

To safely get through this you have to be better than the majority by a decent margin.

Cadby had no problems. The problem guys like Hughes and Menzies had was there were more than a hundred players who had similar abilty.
When its so competitive the luck of the draw and how you play on the day makes all the difference.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Goldie, Cullen making it interesting now.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Courtesy of TheRedBit.
Attachments
IMG_20180121_180337.jpg
IMG_20180121_180337.jpg (118.26 KiB) Viewed 1469 times

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Astonvilla wrote:To safely get through this you have to be better than the majority by a decent margin.

Cadby had no problems. The problem guys like Hughes and Menzies had was there were more than a hundred players who had similar abilty.
When its so competitive the luck of the draw and how you play on the day makes all the difference.
I can't believe that there are 100 players eligible for the bdo circuit who don't play whom would beat Hughes and Menzies to a place at lakeside. It's crazy to think that these guys haven't managed to get cards. Bdo boys are used to these short formats and massive fields.

Its interesting that those who have played a few years within the PDC circuit are those that are winning Cards. Murschell being one who has played development tour without much success but can put together 4 decent days to get a card.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Third seed at Lakeside, finishes 80th on the UK Q School list. Tony O'Shea finishes 148th; Darryl Fitton finishes 259th.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

The Jolly Man wrote:
Astonvilla wrote:To safely get through this you have to be better than the majority by a decent margin.

I can't believe that there are 100 players eligible for the bdo circuit who don't play whom would beat Hughes and Menzies to a place at lakeside. It's crazy to think that these guys haven't managed to get cards. Bdo boys are used to these short formats and massive fields.

Its interesting that those who have played a few years within the PDC circuit are those that are winning Cards. Murschell being one who has played development tour without much success but can put together 4 decent days to get a card.
Thats what I thought, it's the same kind of enviroment. The only difference being it's very rare to get an easy game straight from the off.
I'd say most of them have been pampered by being seeded in the BDO opens, though a season on the challenge tour should be better for the learning experience.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Get in there!!!!!!! Bradley beats Stevenson. I think that guarantees a card?
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC Q School 18th-21st January 2018

Post by ifm »

Minty26 wrote:The World Master fails to get out of Q School,
Madness .
Pdc number 81 fails to get tour card (I think he's a lot higher)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

The Jolly Man wrote:

Dawson failed to qualify for Lakeside too. It’s a lottery
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021