PDC Q School 18th-21st January 2018

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ifm
International

Re: Q School Entry List. 2018

Post by ifm »

The Jolly Man wrote:33 PDC Tour Cards on offer for players.
Without being nasty that was announced hours ago.
Anybody notice Noppert and Divingboard have signed to Modus or is that old news too?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

The Jolly Man wrote:European Tour Events
The format for the latter stages of European Tour events will be extended to the best of 13 legs for the semi-finals and the best of 15 legs for the final.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17325
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

They're not in a hurry are they? I'd expected the lists to be out in a matter of hours.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Mgt wrote:They're not in a hurry are they? I'd expected the lists to be out in a matter of hours.
Maybe refund issues?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Just to play devils advocate, but why should someone only aiming to be in the top 256 be at Q School?
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

devosteve wrote:
Mgt wrote:They're not in a hurry are they? I'd expected the lists to be out in a matter of hours.
Maybe refund issues?
Perhaps, this definitely isn't going as smoothly as it should have been.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Q School Entry List. 2018

Post by Ginge »

Mgt wrote:
devosteve wrote:
Maybe refund issues?
Why are you all worrying ffs. Someone already said last year the list didn't appear until about half 7 GMT and that may have even been with a 12pm deadline.
Big Jock Knew
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
Ginge wrote:Hmm think he needs to double check as this says otherwise:

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdpa/q-school/

Eligibility rules are finishing in the top 128.

The master of spin has spun many yet again.

Very clever.
Hi mate. May I ask what your ambitions are for Q-School? Giving it a real crack and a tour card, aiming for challenge tour or just going for shits and giggles?
Going for the Challenge Tour and hopefully UK opens.

Main darts this year for me will be soft tip again.
I wish you all the best with it. Do you now throw a lighter steel tip having had a couple of years predominantly playing soft?

Yes throw 22g. Always used 24g until I started soft tip.
JFT97
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
Mgt wrote:
devosteve wrote:
Maybe refund issues?
Why are you all worrying ffs. Someone already said last year the list didn't appear until about half 7 GMT and that may have even been with a 12pm deadline.
This is important stuff.
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Ginge wrote:
Mgt wrote:
devosteve wrote:
Maybe refund issues?
Not worried about the lists not being out, just curious.
Although the communication concerning Q-school this year could definitely have been a lot better. Feels like they didn't know what to expect in terms of numbers and are surprised how many turned up.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Murphio wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
Ginge wrote:Hmm think he needs to double check as this says otherwise:

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdpa/q-school/

Very clever.
Hi mate. May I ask what your ambitions are for Q-School? Giving it a real crack and a tour card, aiming for challenge tour or just going for shits and giggles?

Is Ana doing Qschool?

Not allowed due to the silly contracts they had to sign at Lakeside.

Can’t see the harm in letting the ladies do the Q School and Challenge Tour. Will help there play and then help there game on the stage.

Personally with there being no guarantee of TV next year if I was In the men’s I would have pushed it. The contracts state there will be a 2019 WC and the same money will be there, Presumably this is the Channel 4 money they never used to increase the prize fund this year.
JFT97
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Bag Carrier wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

Very clever.

Is Ana doing Qschool?

Can’t see the harm in letting the ladies do the Q School and Challenge Tour. Will help there play and then help there game on the stage.

Personally with there being no guarantee of TV next year if I was In the men’s I would have pushed it. The contracts state there will be a 2019 WC and the same money will be there, Presumably this is the Channel 4 money they never used to increase the prize fund this year.
Well Des took over yesterday according to Whinges sources, maybe things will change..........

Madsocks
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Bag Carrier wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

Very clever.

Is Ana doing Qschool?

I suppose Lisa Ashton is thrilled about that, not being able to play CT again.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Bag Carrier wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

Very clever.

Is Ana doing Qschool?

Absolutely. Obviously none of the ladies, Ana and Lisa, have a consistently good enough game just now to win cards for the full tour but they could and should do Challenge Tour and Lakeside. I get it with the men albeit I don't agree with it. The ladies is nonsense.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

ifm wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

Is Ana doing Qschool?

Well Des took over yesterday according to Whinges sources, maybe things will change..........
well I thought you knew for 6 weeks before so shouldn't you be updating us. Or would that actually mean admitting that you don't actually know anything.....so come on then , tell us something we don't know.....
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Skewball wrote:
ifm wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

Is Ana doing Qschool?

well I thought you knew for 6 weeks before so shouldn't you be updating us. Or would that actually mean admitting that you don't actually know anything.....so come on then , tell us something we don't know.....
Yes. It's called the Ian 'affect'. ;-)
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Ginge wrote:Why are you all worrying ffs. Someone already said last year the list didn't appear until about half 7 GMT and that may have even been with a 12pm deadline.
Pretty sure one year the confirmed final list didn't even come out until the next day.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Skewball wrote:
ifm wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

Is Ana doing Qschool?

All the talk at Lakeside was about the apparent takeover. Atmosphere was very frosty between certain parties.

IMO a massive shake up and change is needed, Players are all saying this and I do believe they are willing to back Des to give it a go, It can’t be any worse than what it currently is now. Having someone with a proven business track record and also being able to promote the game and BDO (talk the talk) and do deals is what is needed. Deals are there ready to be signed if we are led to believe what’s being said, Just the people wanting to do them don’t want to sign at the moment with the way things are.

On the flip side of all this, if the top end of the board was to change, people are gonna loose jobs, Which is never nice to happen to people.
JFT97
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Skewball wrote:
ifm wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

Is Ana doing Qschool?

Whinge, you are screwed if this is the best defender you can muster :grin:

Madsocks
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Seen that Doggie Dawson is playing the Isle of Man festival. Thought he was going to Q-School?