PDC Q School 18th-21st January 2018

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
WCDPA
International

Re: PDC Q School 18th-21st January 2018

Post by WCDPA »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Didn’t cadby go to lakeside as duzzas practice partner?

Some good practice he’s had for 2 weeks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Perhaps a certain persons words had an effect , what do you reckon Mac Elkin :)
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Dootson wins the 2nd card.
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

Dannyboy wrote:See on twitter Mace is accusing many of “clogging up” the field.

Isn’t that the reason why the tour card was brought in, in the first place? That anyone could pay membership and then an entry fee and play Phil Taylor in the first round of a Players Championship and lose 6-0?
So what we need is a Q School for Q school. :DDD:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Well Day 1 over. 3 to go
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

If you didn't weed out all these cloggers here then half of them would show up at Pro tours ..or players worse than the cloggers here and it would completely ruin the pro tours....at least you get a good 128 on Pro tours which means all money earned is fair and not because your lucky enough to draw a couple of day trippers
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Haha Murphio was cheering when Hughes & Fitton lost
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Garry Murphy wrote:

Isn’t that the reason why the tour card was brought in, in the first place? That anyone could pay membership and then an entry fee and play Phil Taylor in the first round of a Players Championship and lose 6-0?

Well Mace should know, he spent his career clogging up events.

He never won a major tv title in his life, and now has the audacity to knock those that have every right to attend and give it a go.
He is the first to spout the bdo mantra of darts for all, they pay their money etc, so the same applies to those at q-school.
Q School should have so many entries. There should be quality control or a Pre-Q School qualifiers

Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Canuck_bully wrote:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if that happens, same as in golf. Regional Q Schools held in early December or something, then the top players from those do a combined final Q School in Wigan. Would also be a fairer way to distribute the cards than to have two completely separate player pools.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

trotter wrote:I can well see why Durrant wouldn't want to do QS now...talent wise he's well capable of getting a card..he'd be the best player there.....but mentally after winning Lakeside to focus on that field and those amount of matches when everybody wants to beat the world champ would be very hard...

It would be rare for a BDO World Champion to play Q School now, the risk is too much and they have a massive target on their back and people will raise their game. Durrant has 100k & GSOD Place, I doubt he is fussed

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Zeyes wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if that happens, same as in golf. Regional Q Schools held in early December or something, then the top players from those do a combined final Q School in Wigan. Would also be a fairer way to distribute the cards than to have two completely separate player pools.

75% of the field have no chance of a tour card in the 4 days and will not do much damage on the Challenge tour either. A Pre-Q School is a no brainer and PDC could still be raking it in

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Zeyes wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:

Bollocks. The entry fee stops this ever happening.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

oche balboa wrote:
trotter wrote:I can well see why Durrant wouldn't want to do QS now...talent wise he's well capable of getting a card..he'd be the best player there.....but mentally after winning Lakeside to focus on that field and those amount of matches when everybody wants to beat the world champ would be very hard...

It would be rare for a BDO World Champion to play Q School now, the risk is too much and they have a massive target on their back and people will raise their game. Durrant has 100k & GSOD Place, I doubt he is fussed
I cannot see a BDO champ ever doing QS..now if they were offered an automatic card then that might be different....but I can't see that happening so I don't think we'll ever see a current world champion switching again
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

oche balboa wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:

Well Mace should know, he spent his career clogging up events.

He never won a major tv title in his life, and now has the audacity to knock those that have every right to attend and give it a go.
He is the first to spout the bdo mantra of darts for all, they pay their money etc, so the same applies to those at q-school.
Q School should have so many entries. There should be quality control or a Pre-Q School qualifiers
:DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
FoundSidInTheBar
Steady Sixties

Post by FoundSidInTheBar »

2 weeks ago it was 'Ha, look at how few entries they're going to have' from the BDO boys. Now it's 'there's too many entries'?
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Unfair to say BDO players are clogging things up. They have every right to try to get a card.
Little Lonely Garry
International

FoundSidInTheBar wrote:2 weeks ago it was 'Ha, look at how few entries they're going to have' from the BDO boys. Now it's 'there's too many entries'?
correct...always looking for something to complain about.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Little Lonely Garry
International

phil davies wrote:How Mason can moan anybody clogging it up considering he twice turned up for Q school and never go past the last 64 on either occasion.
:grin:
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

phil davies wrote:How Mason can moan anybody clogging it up considering he twice turned up for Q school and never go past the last 64 on either occasion.
Might be the source of his bitterness.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC Q School 18th-21st January 2018

Post by Ginge »

Mgt wrote:
Either that or he's still in BDO suck up mode from last week.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC Q School 18th-21st January 2018

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
Mgt wrote:
Either that or he's still in BDO suck up mode from last week.
BDO BDO BDO!