Steve Maish jailed for 2 years

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: Steve Maish jailed for 2 years

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ifm wrote:Murph, this is getting worrisome, if you're not chasing me you're mentioning me in every post, get help.

how dare you have an opinion on anything....dont you know that now constitutes a god complex
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Gaz and IFM teaming up there.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Just try and keep your trolling to this thread as we are having some serious debate on a few others.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

ifm wrote:Murph, this is getting worrisome, if you're not chasing me you're mentioning me in every post, get help.
Hey Murph, why don’t you start a thread about yourself, then bump it up when no one gives a shite about it. ;)

#worrisome.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Murphio wrote:Gaz and IFM teaming up there.
Perhaps we could come up with a name, ala WWE for their tag team. :grin:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

spaceman70 wrote:
Hey Murph, why don’t you start a thread about yourself, then bump it up when no one gives a shite about it. ;)

#worrisome.
Hi Dave, just jump on in.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
keendartfan
Brass Darts

Post by keendartfan »

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

An utterly retarded scam, did they really think people would not query why payments were not showing on their accounts?
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Who knew HMRC had a flikr account. Some right dodgy looking fuckers on there.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:An utterly retarded scam, did they really think people would not query why payments were not showing on their accounts?
Remember these were unclaimed payments so I would imagine that the company had made a refund request which was accepted and then had a letter to ask for a bank account and for whatever reason HMRC never heard from them for maybe a year. That meant that there would be an allocated amount sat there waiting for the company to contact HMRC again with bank details. After a year or two the company may be no more or just forgotten about it hence this woman thinking she would never get caught.
Someone found a letter or remembered their refund and asked about it which was how they were caught. If they were clever or not so greedy then they would only take the money from companies that had since gone bust or ceased trading.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:An utterly retarded scam, did they really think people would not query why payments were not showing on their accounts?
Remember these were unclaimed payments so I would imagine that the company had made a refund request which was accepted and then had a letter to ask for a bank account and for whatever reason HMRC never heard from them for maybe a year. That meant that there would be an allocated amount sat there waiting for the company to contact HMRC again with bank details. After a year or two the company may be no more or just forgotten about it hence this woman thinking she would never get caught.
Someone found a letter or remembered their refund and asked about it which was how they were caught. If they were clever or not so greedy then they would only take the money from companies that had since gone bust or ceased trading.
Great idea Nik! :darts
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Big Jock Knew
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

By the way, I've been meaning to ask: What exactly are "unqualified accountants" in this context?
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: Steve Maish jailed for 2 years

Post by ifm »

Zeyes wrote:By the way, I've been meaning to ask: What exactly are "unqualified accountants" in this context?
People who post on forums as authoritative experts on a subject they know little about such as contract law.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Any non-nutjob genuine responses, please? Thanks.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Zeyes wrote:By the way, I've been meaning to ask: What exactly are "unqualified accountants" in this context?
I'd assume that they would be more like financial or tax advisors than qualified accountants.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Would a qualified accounted be "chartered"?
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Zeyes wrote:Any non-nutjob genuine responses, please? Thanks.
:grin:
keendartfan
Brass Darts

Post by keendartfan »

They won't have a qualification with a recognised accounting body such as ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS etc.

They can still hold themselves out to trade as an "Accountant", but not as a "Chartered" of "Certified" Accountant (these are the biggest institutes covering private practice) and also means there is no-one to complain to or to censure their behaviour.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

keendartfan wrote:
They won't have a qualification with a recognised accounting body such as ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS etc.

They can still hold themselves out to trade as an "Accountant", but not as a "Chartered" of "Certified" Accountant (these are the biggest institutes covering private practice) and also means there is no-one to complain to or to censure their behaviour.
That's what i said :grin:

Madsocks