The Official 2018 Lakeside Catalogue of Howlers and Incompetence

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Official 2018 Lakeside Catalogue of Howlers and Incompetence

Post by Skewball »

DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Lads, Lads I'll let you into a little secret........that's not the actual check he'll be receiving. They used last years dummy in their effort to go green and help protect the enviroment, You lot can be so gullible sometimes.
Paddy thinking they will get a normal cheque when it's actually a bank transfer from Bob Potter, there :D

If that’s the case why the worry about waiting for cheques to clear then if the BDO aren’t directly transferring
money??
Because the transfer isn't done until X days after the event. "Waiting for the cheque to be cashed" is a figure of speech.

Dunno what X is, in this instance. Paul may know as it's in the contract, I do know it's longer than it has been in the past though.

But what you’re saying is Potter could transfer the money tomorrow morning if he wanted??
Now if he did that would be hilarious !

Sadly as a sponsor it probably goes via BDO bank first :(
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Official 2018 Lakeside Catalogue of Howlers and Incompetence

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote:Paddy thinking they will get a normal cheque when it's actually a bank transfer from Bob Potter, there :D

If that’s the case why the worry about waiting for cheques to clear then if the BDO aren’t directly transferring
money??
Because the transfer isn't done until X days after the event. "Waiting for the cheque to be cashed" is a figure of speech.

Dunno what X is, in this instance. Paul may know as it's in the contract, I do know it's longer than it has been in the past though.

But what you’re saying is Potter could transfer the money tomorrow morning if he wanted??

Nope my understanding is the payments are made direct from him.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Official 2018 Lakeside Catalogue of Howlers and Incompetence

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Lads, Lads I'll let you into a little secret........that's not the actual check he'll be receiving. They used last years dummy in their effort to go green and help protect the enviroment, You lot can be so gullible sometimes.
Paddy thinking they will get a normal cheque when it's actually a bank transfer from Bob Potter, there :D

money??

Nope, it has never changed dear, nice try 0/10

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: The Official 2018 Lakeside Catalogue of Howlers and Incompetence

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Does anyone have any concrete evidence or are we all guessing once again?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Official 2018 Lakeside Catalogue of Howlers and Incompetence

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote:
DavidB wrote:

money??

Nope my understanding is the payments are made direct from him.
Fair enough but a bit odd as you would not to be any doubts about it being a commercial arrangement to get it tax deductible.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

"I'm going to be contrary to try and wind him up again"
Big Jock Knew
O C
Superleague Player

Post by O C »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
trotter wrote:
Still pretty amateurish though..not difficult to have the correct date on display if you insist on these big show cheques
What so you would rather they cut down another tree? If you were American you would of voted for Donald Trump that's for sure.
If he was an American he wouldn't have watched the darts. :usa
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: The Official 2018 Lakeside Catalogue of Howlers and Incompetence

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Does anyone have any concrete evidence or are we all guessing once again?
damn, it's that bloody forum title again 'darts gossip' . Gets you every time ... ;)
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

O C wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
trotter wrote:
Still pretty amateurish though..not difficult to have the correct date on display if you insist on these big show cheques
What so you would rather they cut down another tree? If you were American you would of voted for Donald Trump that's for sure.
If he was an American he wouldn't have watched the darts. :usa
Unfortunately not.....but they wanted to....... :grin:
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Does anyone have any concrete evidence or are we all guessing once again?
About what?

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Official 2018 Lakeside Catalogue of Howlers and Incompetence

Post by Skewball »

ifm wrote:
About what?

The really important issue as to whether Glen gets an actual cheque or not. It's important to Paddy !!!! Lol
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Skewball wrote:
ifm wrote:
About what?

The really important issue as to whether Glen gets an actual cheque or not. It's important to Paddy !!!! Lol
He gets one with a big pink bow on it.

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:
damn, it's that bloody forum title again 'darts gossip' . Gets you every time ... ;)
I know but it does get tiring when there's pages of debate being created by people with little or no actually access to fact, a bit similar to when you got into a long debate with Tim about contract disputes, pages of garbage and no ones none the wiser.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Is it an official cheque made from regulation paper?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
I know but it does get tiring when there's pages of debate being created by people with little or no actually access to fact, a bit similar to when you got into a long debate with Tim about contract disputes, pages of garbage and no ones none the wiser.
Our new resident Accountant/Lawyer.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ifm wrote:
About what?

About whether the payments come from the BDO and if they are paid by actual physical cheque or by bank transfer.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ChrisW wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Tomorrow he wears his plumbing hat.
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Official 2018 Lakeside Catalogue of Howlers and Incompetence

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Tomorrow he wears his plumbing hat.
Website design tomorrow. Had to sack off the last one as his websites were all stuck in the 90s .......
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:Is it an official cheque made from regulation paper?
No. It's a large cheque for presentation purposes.
All cheques have a coding on them.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Potter no doubt knocked it up in Paint and printed it out along with his 'mind the ice' signs.