ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: The Official 2018 PDC World Championship Howlers Thread

Post by ifm »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Skewball wrote:Christ I'm confused now. I thought i was part of the team and thus officially allowed to make official 'take the piss' threads. I can change the title if I I have been demoted from the team.
Demoted? Two more months and you get your third stripe.
:)
Any chance you can update the OP with the suggestions in the thread? thanks.
You don't expect them to play fair do you?
Of course not, probably needs a proper thread.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ifm wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Murphio wrote: Demoted? Two more months and you get your third stripe.
You don't expect them to play fair do you?
Of course not, probably needs a proper thread.
We will have to start our own official thread if we want it run properly.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Official 2018 PDC World Championship Howlers Thread

Post by Skewball »

ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Skewball wrote:Christ I'm confused now. I thought i was part of the team and thus officially allowed to make official 'take the piss' threads. I can change the title if I I have been demoted from the team.
Demoted? Two more months and you get your third stripe.
Thankyou for your suggestions so far but unfortunately they have not been classified by the committee as howlers .

If anyone has any queries about consistency to another similiar thread then please note the other thread is being run by a different committee. Please the OP on that thread please with any queries you have with what they have included.
Ginge
International

Re: The Official 2018 PDC World Championship Howlers Thread

Post by Ginge »

:D
Big Jock Knew
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Can this be added.
No competition set up yet. We've been told it was coming this weekend but like other organisations we get feck all ;)
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:Can this be added.
No competition set up yet. We've been told it was coming this weekend but like other organisations we get feck all ;)
Your wish is my command.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

The Wildcards have to be there.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

oche balboa wrote:The Wildcards have to be there.
Good point, qualification 'criteria' being announced this late in the season this year was laughable.

I can understand the PDC wanting to get Ratajski and Smith involved in some way, seeing as they might spark some interest in countries where darts isn't very prominent at the moment. But this is a World Championship, qualification criteria should be clear from the first day of the season, and not decided at the end to get in the players you'd like.

Might as well be straight and call them wildcards then.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

I'm happy to investigate further, but not until I get time. I'm not convinced that getting those two players in is a howler seeing as it was a specific decision to do so , not least to wind up teh BDO I'm sure.. so why a 'howler' . If there was a thread of the PDC's use of rule 2.1 (or whatever it was that everyone used to quote ) then fair enough. But a "Howler" that's the bit I'm unsure about.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Never a howler. A howler is something you didn't intend.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

They do call it "24 invitations at the PDC’s discretion", so it's not like those nominations contradicted any prior information. If there's a howler in there it's them saying nothing on the matter for so long, considering the need to distribute those four extra spots had been acknowledged by them all the way back in January and then it went to complete radio silence for 9 months.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Zeyes wrote:They do call it "24 invitations at the PDC’s discretion", so it's not like those nominations contradicted any prior information. If there's a howler in there it's them saying nothing on the matter for so long, considering the need to distribute those four extra spots had been acknowledged by them all the way back in January and then it went to complete radio silence for 9 months.
Its a Howler considering Hearn said no wildcards
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Murphio wrote:Never a howler. A howler is something you didn't intend.
If they had intended do you not think that they would have informed the respective tours and all their players at the beginning, or in fact at any point during their year that there were to be WC spots available?
Which ever answer it's a huge howler to crowbar players into their showcase event at the last minute.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ifm wrote:
If they had intended do you not think that they would have informed the respective tours and all their players at the beginning, or in fact at any point during their year that there were to be WC spots available?
Which ever answer it's a huge howler to crowbar players into their showcase event at the last minute.
A howler is a mistake. An error. So whether you think it is right or wrong they have crowbarred players into their world championship for whatever reason - it is not a howler, sorry.
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
A howler is a mistake. An error. So whether you think it is right or wrong they have crowbarred players into their world championship for whatever reason - it is not a howler, sorry.
Whether it's a howler or not, what's your take on these 'qualifiers'?
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Mgt wrote:
Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
I personally don't have any particular beef with them. It is clear the PDC is trying to spread its reach across the globe and that is very likely what lies behind it. The PDC has been shoehorning players into events for commercial reasons for a long time. The two players in question will add quality to the event - one is the current Masters Champion and the other is a former Lakeside finalist. It is probably unfair but it is done for deliberately for the benefit of the organisation.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Murphio wrote:
Mgt wrote:
Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
I personally don't have any particular beef with them. It is clear the PDC is trying to spread its reach across the globe and that is very likely what lies behind it. The PDC has been shoehorning players into events for commercial reasons for a long time. The two players in question will add quality to the event - one is the current Masters Champion and the other is a former Lakeside finalist. It is probably unfair but it is done for deliberately for the benefit of the organisation.
Exactly this.

The team is united on this one. Not a howler.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Think we need a 'rea'l howlers thread. Skewy is ruling like Des.
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Murphio wrote:
Mgt wrote:
Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
I can understand Ratajski, seeing as he did well this year on the Euro Tour and showed decent form, but Smith has done fuckall of note this year. They're picking him purely on his popularity, which I think is ridiculous. Might as well roll out O'Shea if that becomes a qualifying criterium.

I would have gone with Dawson Murschell for a Canadian seeing as he did well on TV in the World Series this year.

Problem with that is he actually tried to qualify and didn't make it, so that would have made a farce of the qualifying criteria.

Ideally the criteria should be set in stone at the start of the season. Alternatively they could reserve a couple of spots for international prospects, but I'd like them to at least decide which regions get the spots. Two or three real wild cards if a Cadby or Ratajski somehow doesn't make the cut should be the maximum imo.