Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: Q School Entry List. 2018

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote: Stupid question of the week.
Still not got an answer oh mighty intellect, care to have a stab when you've slept it off tomorrow?
They do an incredibly bad job and are utterly weighed down in trying to compete with professionals who actually know what they are doing. Hope this helps.
So they should drop everything? youth, ladies, superleague, county? everything?
I think you need to sleep it off ;-)
What on earth are you talking about? Where did I even hint at that? In 'stop trying to be everything to all people' - why would I mean drop everything. An utterly bizarre leap. The BDO is responsible for thousands of players through Super League, county and everything else. It should concentrate on that and cease trying to compete with a professional platform it is incapable of competing with. It can still cater for the 90 per cent of players it caters for.
Just to add to this point. I’m sure the counties are over the moon that the bdo have made some kind of pre multi year arrangement with the Preston Guild Hall for the wdt after the problems it had last year

Especially when the theatre in Barry cost nothing and this is going to cost upwards of 10k per day with a 2000 seater room to fill up
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Just to add to this point. I’m sure the counties are over the moon that the bdo have made some kind of pre multi year arrangement with the Preston Guild Hall for the wdt after the problems it had last year

Especially when the theatre in Barry cost nothing and this is going to cost upwards of 10k per day with a 2000 seater room to fill up
Been told that its happening "in the summer", and the old weekend at the end of May is now taken by the Bruges Open weekend so if you take the summer as June/July/August, these European events are currently in the calendar for the weekends in question. All events have BDO ranking points unless otherwise stated

- Lincolnshire Open (this weekend also sees the PDC World Cup of Darts on TV)
- Swiss Open double header weekend
- England Open weekend at Selsey
- Six Nations event (not ranked), LDO Ladies Classic, Austrian Open
- Gold Cup/Champions Cup weekend (not ranked)
- BDO International Open/Welsh Masters weekend
- BDO Wolverhampton Open/Classic weekend
- BDO Festival of Youth Darts (not ranked, this weekend also sees the PDC Matchplay on TV)
- Luxembourg Open/Masters weekend (this whole week also sees the PDC Matchplay on TV)
- Belgium Open and Masters weekend, BDO AGM (not ranked, obviously)
- Antwerp Open/Masters weekend
- Scottish Classic, French Open/Masters weekend
- Swedish Open weekend

And even if you include the first half of September:

- Vizcaya weekend
- England Classic/Masters weekend, Catalonia Open weekend.

So, which event(s) are they going to dump all over to put the WDT on?

I would have said Luxembourg had the PDC Matchplay not been on the same time....
Last edited by Ginge on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Q School Entry List. 2018

Post by Skewball »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote: Still not got an answer oh mighty intellect, care to have a stab when you've slept it off tomorrow?
They do an incredibly bad job and are utterly weighed down in trying to compete with professionals who actually know what they are doing. Hope this helps.
What on earth are you talking about? Where did I even hint at that? In 'stop trying to be everything to all people' - why would I mean drop everything. An utterly bizarre leap. The BDO is responsible for thousands of players through Super League, county and everything else. It should concentrate on that and cease trying to compete with a professional platform it is incapable of competing with. It can still cater for the 90 per cent of players it caters for.
Just to add to this point. I’m sure the counties are over the moon that the bdo have made some kind of pre multi year arrangement with the Preston Guild Hall for the wdt after the problems it had last year

Exactly this. The board are wasting the Lakeside money by trying to create new tv events to pander to the top few players to stop them moving. And even you thought this was a good use of the money , they are even doing a shit job of that!

They are also incompetent and maximising the events that they do run and awful at working well with other bodies that in theory support them -edo,wdf etc

The reality is the money should be used on grassroots darts - which the board have also done a shit job in looking after as well.

The board are just shockingly bad full stop. They are literally ruining the amateur side of darts.
Now this is all obvious and been said many times. But all that's happening in this discussion is that people are expressing this in different terms and language. Just keep referring to the board and and not just the blanket 'BDO' and I suspect there would be less argument!
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Just to add to this point. I’m sure the counties are over the moon that the bdo have made some kind of pre multi year arrangement with the Preston Guild Hall for the wdt after the problems it had last year

Been told that its happening "in the summer", and the old weekend at the end of May is now taken by the Bruges Open weekend so if you take the summer as June/July/August, these European events are currently in the calendar for the weekends in question. All events have BDO ranking points unless otherwise stated

- BDO Festival of Youth Darts (not ranked, this weekend also sees the PDC Matchplay on TV)
- Luxembourg Open/Masters weekend (this whole week also sees the PDC Matchplay on TV)
- Swedish Open weekend

- Vizcaya weekend

I would have said Luxembourg had the PDC Matchplay not been on the same time....
I think you will find the Lincs open will be 10th June....... leaving 3rd June w/e free...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:

- Swedish Open weekend

- Vizcaya weekend

I think you will find the Lincs open will be 10th June....... leaving 3rd June w/e free...
Ah, its not been updated on the BDO website!

Well in that case (and it is that weekend in June) they need to find a TV company willing to show it on the telly on the same weekend as a live PDC televised event...
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:

- Swedish Open weekend

- Vizcaya weekend

Ah, its not been updated on the BDO website!

Well in that case (and it is that weekend in June) they need to find a TV company willing to show it on the telly on the same weekend as a live PDC televised event...
Calm down it's not your problem Ninge.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Great input, there.....
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

The format should change for the World Trophy

Have less players involved for a start

24 men & 8 women

Top 16 men
4 overseas
2 Qualifiers
2 BICC

8 ladies

Top 4 in rankings
2 BICC
1 overseas
1 Qualifier
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Maybe it should have a different name.

But if they are putting it up against a 4 day PDC televised event, then they are idiots.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:Maybe it should have a different name.

But if they are putting it up against a 4 day PDC televised event, then they are idiots.
Not really a lot of people prefer to watch real darts.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Stick to your Monty thread for your fishing today, Padds :D
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:Stick to your Monty thread for your fishing today, Padds :D
Your whinging is starting to wear a bit thin now, it's not gone unnoticed...... :showbum:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

That was nice of Monty to go and pick up a fellow dart player, can't imagine many "professional" players doing that.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
That was nice of Monty to go and pick up a fellow dart player, can't imagine many "professional" players doing that.
I wonder who will bite to it in that thread first? :WWWW:
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
I wonder who will bite to it in that thread first? :WWWW:
What do you mean bite? It actually occurred you oaf......
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I have a feeling that one of the opens will move

World Trophy should be renamed BDO Trophy

Smaller amount of participants. Takes less time maybe ideal for Eurosport (that’s what it’s going to be on you think)

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:I have a feeling that one of the opens will move

Smaller amount of participants. Takes less time maybe ideal for Eurosport (that’s what it’s going to be on you think)
Would any serious TV station want to clash with another televised event?

(of course it assumes its the first weekend in June as thats the only free weekend for the whole of summer)
Big Jock Knew
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Taylor HAS resigned from PDC

Post by Duneh9617 »

ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote: Still not got an answer oh mighty intellect, care to have a stab when you've slept it off tomorrow?
So only to make you happy, gotcha.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
So they should only continue in this pathetic fashion to make you happy? Gotcha
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:Maybe it should have a different name.

Not really a lot of people prefer to watch real darts.
You're right. Exactly the reason everyone watches the pdc and hardly anyone watches the bdo anymore. Bdo players are only being recognized from the grand slam of darts.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:I have a feeling that one of the opens will move

Would any serious TV station want to clash with another televised event?

(of course it assumes its the first weekend in June as thats the only free weekend for the whole of summer)
They will move an open which one I do not know

There have been instances of BDO and PDC at the same time

World Masters/World Grand Prix was until recently