Barry Hearn on the BDO

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: Barry Hearn on the BDO

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

malcy93 wrote:Interesting he says no barriers of entry to QSchool. Male / Female, Black / White, Christian / Muslim.

So no possibility of a PDC women’s only tour any time soon. If the women are good enough play the men at QSchool and get a tour card.
He said no barriers once your at qschool but then he went on to talk about the different tours for people below, Challenge tour for people not there yet and development tour for younger players.

I dont think we will ever see a womens Pro tour but if the DRA want to be internationally recognized like they say they do they will have to do something and I think the compromise will be a ladies tour running alongside the challenge tour, with the top player getting a tour card.
Last edited by Zapp Brannigan on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:
malcy93 wrote:Interesting he says no barriers of entry to QSchool. Male / Female, Black / White, Christian / Muslim.

So no possibility of a PDC women’s only tour any time soon. If the women are good enough play the men at QSchool and get a tour card.
Didn't Matt Porter say there will be?
Or have i took another made up story off here and made it true.
He has said they are looking into it but I dont think he has ever said its happening.

will have to do something though.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ifm wrote:

He has said they are looking into it but I dont think he has ever said its happening.

Maybe i should have asked him at Wolves, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT THE WIMMIN??" :grin:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ifm wrote:

Maybe i should have asked him at Wolves, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT THE WIMMIN??" :grin:
Barry is the millennial businessman, he looks past race religion and gender and see every darts player as an equal human being. :grin:

either that or hes hoping someone else will sort it
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

Why or what makes you think the DRA is going after international recognition? Genuine question no wind up
Proud member of dart forums....
Scuppering darting business deals since 2015
Proud recipient of the first entry on Fartoids Bullshit-o-meter. Total entries: 7 and counting.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ifm wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ifm wrote:

Barry is the millennial businessman, he looks past race religion and gender and see every darts player as an equal human being. :grin:

either that or hes hoping someone else will sort it
I meant Matt.
I was with Sam Eggerton so Barry was talking boxing, wouldn't want to upset Sam by trying to shoehorn wimmins darts in :grin:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

devosteve wrote:
cannibal wrote:PDC won't touch the ladies game. It is a millstone on the neck of a drowning BDO
Interesting thought. Do you think that if the top end of the BDO 'collapsed' they may then consider ladies darts?
What are the LDO doing to get women's darts on telly or provide a tour?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Women's darts is excellent, just as good as the men.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

cannibal wrote:Why or what makes you think the DRA is going after international recognition? Genuine question no wind up
Darts Regulation Authority (DRA) – the governing body of professional darts

The aim of the DRA remains to seek recognition as the regulatory authority for Darts worldwide with responsibility for providing and administering rules and regulations that will improve the image and profile of Darts within the Professional and Amateur ranks. The DRA Rules Book is the cornerstone of this and sets the standards of behaviour for players in DRA sanctioned events.

A review of the DRA Rules Book is being carried out and a new revision is expected to be published in December 2018.

-----------------------
Also saw that the PDC have told all regional affiliates they must adhere to DRA. Specific rules written up for each region.

Interesting mention of DRA trying to gain recognition. This word is coming up a lot recently.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17219
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

PDC Womens darts on TV is probably the only thing that could actually destroy the PDC. Don't let feminists and SJWs in unless you want to ruin something forever.
Nobody apart from some white knights wants to see poor darts just because they are chucked by females, anyways.
If they are good enough, they should have no problem to compete in a "unisex field". If not, why should they play in front of TV cameras...
Last edited by Duterprat on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

BlueSpark wrote:Women's darts is excellent, just as good as the men.
Would never say that far too inconsistent to compare with the men , but the top 8 to a dozen can on their days put on a good show , Anastasia , Deta in PDC and Lisa last year on CT proved they can compete reasonably against the men , have seen these 3 and others beat guys as has young Fallon and even 13 year old Beau Greaves .
We promoted the lady 2 ladies London events and this year paid out £10,000 in the Event. In the losers plate we had a 9 darter missed on double 12 .
Ladies darts is not everyone's cup of tea but I think the top end of the game is watchable .
Inconsistency of their game was highlighted by Deta at Finders on stage practice before event started missed 9 darter on stage then on Saturday/Sunday couldn't hit a double to save her life .
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

Thanks, somehow I missed that thread. When you say recognition I was thinking in terms of IOC and all its little subordinate bullshit orgs. Hopefully the PDC doesn't chase that. I think that will actually stifle darts. Darts doesn't need the IOC and wada telling them how to run things and that is exactly what they will do
Proud member of dart forums....
Scuppering darting business deals since 2015
Proud recipient of the first entry on Fartoids Bullshit-o-meter. Total entries: 7 and counting.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

cannibal wrote:Thanks, somehow I missed that thread. When you say recognition I was thinking in terms of IOC and all its little subordinate bullshit orgs. Hopefully the PDC doesn't chase that. I think that will actually stifle darts. Darts doesn't need the IOC and wada telling them how to run things and that is exactly what they will do
Could be wrong here but the DRA and PDC already follow Wadas rules as players are drug tested during tournaments.

I believe they are looking for Sport England recognition which would in turn give them international recognition but to do that they have to cater for all groups and the one thing they are missing now is ladies (which can easily be solved by a ladies tour running with the challenge tour, problem is getting 32 or 64 ladies to switch)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
cannibal wrote:Thanks, somehow I missed that thread. When you say recognition I was thinking in terms of IOC and all its little subordinate bullshit orgs. Hopefully the PDC doesn't chase that. I think that will actually stifle darts. Darts doesn't need the IOC and wada telling them how to run things and that is exactly what they will do
Could be wrong here but the DRA and PDC already follow Wadas rules as players are drug tested during tournaments.

I believe they are looking for Sport England recognition which would in turn give them international recognition but to do that they have to cater for all groups and the one thing they are missing now is ladies (which can easily be solved by a ladies tour running with the challenge tour, problem is getting 32 or 64 ladies to switch)
Well they wouldnt have to "switch", nothing stopping women playing both unless the BDO wanted to be arseholes.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Well they wouldnt have to "switch", nothing stopping women playing both unless the BDO wanted to be arseholes.
I would assume the ladies contract is the same as the mens, go to Qschool and you cant do the tour next year
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Nah they wouldnt run it like that, would be open entry just like the Development tour.
Big Jock Knew
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:I dont think we will ever see a womens Pro tour but if the DRA want to be internationally recognized like they say they do they will have to do something and I think the compromise will be a ladies tour running alongside the challenge tour, with the top player getting a tour card.
IF the PDC were to run a women's tour, would any potential participants actually want to win a tour card on it? Even moreso if the PDC women's tour still allowed them to do BDO events as well.

IMHO, if the PDC were seriously interested in developing women's darts, they would have to do exactly that, i.e. treat it as a developmental circuit. Schedule it alongside the under-23 Development Tour, and allow the players to do both the women's tour and the Challenge Tour, and if some of them get good enough allow them to do both the women's tour and the main tour, until they're good enough (top 64?) to be restricted to the main tour only.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Zeyes wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:I dont think we will ever see a womens Pro tour but if the DRA want to be internationally recognized like they say they do they will have to do something and I think the compromise will be a ladies tour running alongside the challenge tour, with the top player getting a tour card.
IF the PDC were to run a women's tour, would any potential participants actually want to win a tour card on it? Even moreso if the PDC women's tour still allowed them to do BDO events as well.

IMHO, if the PDC were seriously interested in developing women's darts, they would have to do exactly that, i.e. treat it as a developmental circuit. Schedule it alongside the under-23 Development Tour, and allow the players to do both the women's tour and the Challenge Tour, and if some of them get good enough allow them to do both the women's tour and the main tour, until they're good enough (top 64?) to be restricted to the main tour only.
Couldnt go alongside the development tour as they dont allow alcohol sales at development tour events any more.

It could run alongside the challenge tour and mean that if any women there think they can do the challenge tour event as well they can do. It could have the development tour rules as well that you can enter it if your not in the top 64.

You have to offer the number 1 a place on the tour for it to be worthwhile and I cant see why they wouldnt say no just for the exposure. Going to get a bit of media interest and your going to get picked for TV lanes on the Pro tour and your almost certain to be on the stage if you get to the UK open or others.

If all the top women bought in on the idea and you had someone like Deta or Lisa win the tour card place I think they could give it and (and would probably be up for it)

Also there is the point that I bet you any more Bazza already has Beau on his radar and is thinking of a way to tap into the media surrounding her. Would be interesting if she was allowed to play in a PDC ladies tour yet not being allowed to do the BDO ladies tour yet.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Zeyes wrote:

They are not interested period.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Zeyes wrote:

They are not interested, period.
Yeah Pauly been banging on about the effects of those for years.