The big debate the lakeside contract 2018

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: The big debate the lakeside contract 2018

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

can picture it now.

Player threatens to sue the bdo.
Des jacklin mouths on social media about loyalty and says slaps will be given out
His wife calls them haters

Players solicitor sends them notification of their claim so wayne williams drives to the solicitors house for a word threatening player with the merthyr boys
The jacklins mouth off about the solicitor not having the balls to "say it to their face"

When it makes courts des tries to tell the judge about their event in turkey and paula is selling copyright shirts in the lobby.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:Why are the BDO withholding funds? Surely players regardless of Q School intent would be pissed off by this?
Theyre not, technically

The contract changed after Bunting switched to say you dont get your money until the end of January, so you cant just do a Bunting and wait until the money is in your account before switching.

But I really dont get the "it makes the contract better because the onus is on the person to sue", if anything it actually makes it worse because you never want an employee taking an employer to court because your going to get dragged through coals.

All changing it has done is made the threat larger and the deterrent bigger. All we hear now is "well the onus is on you, if you really want a long drawn out, costly legal battle then go for it but its not worth it" whilst forgetting that they could just sign up to a union like Unite for £10 and get free legal costs because its an employment issue.

If I was someone like Duzza Id be switching if I won and immediately call their bluff and start legal proceedings but I dont think he would do that.
To be honest, it’s a common decency thing. A professional approach - not that the word exists in the BDO dictionary.

It’s like going to work, telling them you’re joining another company and not getting paid your notice period.
Bigwilma
Pub Champion

Post by Bigwilma »

This again - doesn't look like I've missed anything since I've been away :grin:
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Bigwilma wrote:This again - doesn't look like I've missed anything since I've been away :grin:
Prison?
Really long holiday?
Bigwilma
Pub Champion

Post by Bigwilma »

Keeping a low profile since the Panama papers, my accountant made me do it :IIII:
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

I know if it happened here lawyers would be lining up to take this case on contingency. It would provide great publicity. The case would be far harder to win here as precedent law gives supporting orgs the right to do pretty much what they want as long as it doesn't violate federal or state laws along the way.

In this case they have grounds to sue based on the BDO rules and how they are written, applied, and the timing of contracts, as well as the fact that no one is a priori bound to the BDO as their is no membership and events are open to all amateurs. Basically the idea is you can't make up rules after you already made them then bar the winner from the prize because you didn't like the result or actions that may happen after the event not related to the event and it's qualifying criteria. If the players signed a contract or members in a closed system then its a different issue as terms would have been laid out in relevant documents.
Proud member of dart forums....
Scuppering darting business deals since 2015
Proud recipient of the first entry on Fartoids Bullshit-o-meter. Total entries: 7 and counting.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

You need to buy some more guns to protect yourself.......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Pew pew pew
UKDA 4 Life