Sky signs a new 7-year deal with the PDC

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Skewball
International

Re: Sky signs a new 7-year deal with the PDC

Post by Skewball »

ah no, it was this - OLly Croft!!!

BDO RESPONSE: The World Masters is a victim of the 20% budget cuts at the BBC. The decision is strictly financial. The BBC have not fallen out of love with BDO darts but like snooker and bowls, certain events have had to be cut from the current budget.....exactly in the same way as we are seeing cuts everywhere at the moment. The BDO have been in discussion with ESPN since January 2010 and when the World Masters became available it was offered to them immediately and following the submission of proposals and subsequent meetings, 3 days of coverage (mostly live darts) and over 18 hours of BDO darts has been secured, with IMG Sports Media (who have produced the Masters and World Pro for BBC) doing the production. This guarantees the best darts coverage and the bonus of Ray Stubbs returning as presenter of World Darts. It has to be recognised that ESPN (part of the massive Disney Corporation) is one of the biggest broadcasting organisations in the world and the World Masters represents an ‘investment’ by them in BDO darts of a six-figure sum. It is their first venture into darts and we should all be delighted that they are supporting BDO darts. Their future liaison with the BDO and our darts is down to the success of the 2011 World Masters. Every effort has been poured into making this happen, but it has not been easy with a new venue and dates that have only allowed a run-in period of just over 2 months. It should also be noted that ESPN executives, just like BBC and other broadcasting organisations, keep a watch on darts forums, and some of the postings do BDO darts and their supporters no favours at all. The BDO, including its Board of Directors and county officials, should make a conscious decision not to post (or respond to posts) on darts/sports forums. They are counterproductive, as are the people who post on them.
Last edited by Skewball on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote:Ah yes, was it something like this.....

Re: World Masters on ESPN
Postby nikkiboy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:40 pm
I think a lot of people are just missing how good this MIGHT be for the BDO and darts, ESPN as has been said before are owned by Disney and are, I believe the largest sports netowrk in the USA, if this masters goes well there is potentially a vast market and plethera of sponsors across the pond who will be seeing darts on their screens via ESPN USA, now imagine if the masters or a new event caught their imagination? Yes it might have to be played in the US but what the hell. Potentially if they can get the production right and the players perform for the cameras this could be the best step forward for non PDC darts in years.
Im sure he used the term "blow the PDC out of the water" somewhere :D
So why did you type blow PDC out of the water in your post?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Sky signs a new 7-year deal with the PDC

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote:Ah yes, was it something like this.....

Re: World Masters on ESPN
Postby nikkiboy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:40 pm
I think a lot of people are just missing how good this MIGHT be for the BDO and darts, ESPN as has been said before are owned by Disney and are, I believe the largest sports netowrk in the USA, if this masters goes well there is potentially a vast market and plethera of sponsors across the pond who will be seeing darts on their screens via ESPN USA, now imagine if the masters or a new event caught their imagination? Yes it might have to be played in the US but what the hell. Potentially if they can get the production right and the players perform for the cameras this could be the best step forward for non PDC darts in years.
Im sure he used the term "blow the PDC out of the water" somewhere :D
So why did you type blow PDC out of the water in your post?
Because im a div. But we got the chomp from you in the end :D
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Was it Col then......................

Postby Booji Boy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:52 pm

ESPN is owned by Disney, I am curios as to why you think there is a reason why they wont survive.

If they wanted to buy the PL football they could, actually they could blow sky out the water. Comparing ESPN to Setanta is like comparing the BDO to the PDC, with the BDO being setanta of course.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Hmm. My memory hazy. In any case, it never came to pass, BT Sport came and did it instead!!
Big Jock Knew
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Well, Disney has got there in the end, they've got a big-time pay tv presence in the UK now. Alas, somehow BDO darts didn't end up profiting along the way.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Bad news all round.....should be on a terrestrial channel....money has ruined darts and our opertunities to watch it.
Friverlous Procks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

craigmc wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Bad news all round.....should be on a terrestrial channel....money has ruined darts and our opertunities to watch it.
Friverlous Procks
How can you say that when people are forced to steal the stream....get real.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ifm wrote:Not sure darts on the radio works but hey more cash for the coffers.
More cash nd also lifts the profile of the pdc even more.

I as am a '5 live' man. Mate listens to talk sport a lot. Guys like him will be 'exposed' to darts on a greater level. Especially with the updates.

great news on top of recent TV news.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
craigmc wrote:
Friverlous Procks
How can you say that when people are forced to steal the stream....get real.
Steal? It is a worry isn't it?
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Ginge wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:Yeah Disney are a set of gimboids, the PDC will be known for proper "Pantomime" darts now ;)
Ah yes, Sky is now 39% owned by Disney, so they will now be blowing the PDC out of the water....oh.....

:WWWW:
I do remember that phrase, but I can't place it. Has to be a mad BDO "fanboy" out there.

Though Murdoch's still kept the American side of sport, will that have any implications?
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Dear lord, dragging up years old posts to score a point in a good news thread, sad.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
mapleleafdarts
Steady Sixties

Post by mapleleafdarts »

Congratulations to those of you that can watch it live on TV over there. I notice that BBC America will be broadcasting it as part of the new deal. Nothing on BBC Canada, I guess. Once again, we get screwed in Canada. But not to worry - we'll let you know how it goes in about seven months time when Rogers Sportsnet broadcasts the one-hour condensed version over a bunch of weeks.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

BDO worlds will be available to all via an official stream

Excellent reach
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

oche balboa wrote:BDO worlds will be available to all via an official stream

Excellent reach
Eh?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Youtube fella.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Shar
Feather Flights

Post by Shar »

im pretty sure www.live-darts.com are still able to stream it! so for those who cant watch on sky sports maybe this is a platform you could use instead?
:darts FromShar :WWWW:
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Chizzyfan wrote:More Chizzy on t.v is always good. Fabulous.
You are relentless! :WWWW: :CCCCC: :CCDD: :headbang:
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

All Hail Uncle Barry - The King of Darts.

So much for that bubble bursting eh ?
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Who actually first said the bubble was bursting?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks