Sky signs a new 7-year deal with the PDC

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Sky signs a new 7-year deal with the PDC

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Astonvilla wrote:Good news for the BDO as well. Now BT Sport know they cant get PDC darts for at least 7 years the BDO can hold them to ransom as without them they
have no darts at all.
Very good :grin: :grin:
yep, the BDO hold all the cards. Though if it was a game of poker their hand a pair of 2's!
I hope you know Astonvilla has his tongue firmly in his cheek :D the BDO couldnt hold a kitten to ransom at the moment.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

astonishing really. The level of certainty this gives the players is amazing (those that can stay in the top 16/32 anyway)
No hint of whether it's more or less money though.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Sky signs a new 7-year deal with the PDC

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote:astonishing really. The level of certainty this gives the players is amazing (those that can stay in the top 16/32 anyway)
No hint of whether it's more or less money though.
Only last week they abolished entry fees for a huge chunk of their events...
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Excellent news.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

When professionals get involved in the running of darts everything goes to pot, a sad day for the game :tongue:

Seriously though 7 Years, that is testiment to how important darts are to Sky, Matt & Barry take a bow guys :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Improved deal?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Also...
talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, has secured exclusive UK radio rights for the 2017/2018 William Hill World Darts Championship at Alexandra Palace.

There will be updates from every session across the first round, as sporting legend Phil 'The Power' Taylor attempts to win an unprecedented 17th World Championship title in what will be his last-ever professional event and reigning champion Michael van Gerwen bids for a hat-trick of titles at the iconic North London venue

talkSPORT 2 will then have full commentary from Thursday 21 December up to the quarter-finals on Friday 29 December before coverage switches to talkSPORT for the semi-finals on Saturday 30 December and final on Monday 1 January respectively.

The talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2 team includes presenters Ray Stubbs and Andy Goldstein, former darts stars Colin Lloyd and Bobby George as well as respected commentators Nigel Pearson, Jim Proudfoot and John Gwynne.

Liam Fisher, Wireless Group National Controller, said: “Few sporting arenas can match the Ally Pally in December for the PDC World Championship Darts. It’s a privilege to bring one of the biggest sporting events of the Christmas period to the talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2 audience.

“With so much live football, racing, rugby, NFL and now darts over Christmas and the New Year, there’s only one place to go for your festive fix of sport."

PDC Chairman Barry Hearn said: "It's great to welcome talkSPORT on board to cover the William Hill World Darts Championship through both talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2.

"talkSPORT have always been great supporters of darts and this deal will be a fantastic addition to their festive schedules and a boost for darts fans across the UK, who will be able to listen to full coverage of the latter stages of the biggest event in the sport."

For full details of how to listen live to talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2, visit http://www.talksport.com or follow @talkSPORT and @talkSPORT2 on Twitter.

Broadcast Timings
• Thursday 21 December, coverage from 7pm
• Friday 22 December, 12.30pm and 7pm
• Saturday 23 December, 7pm
• Wednesday 27 December, 12.30pm and 7pm
• Thursday 28 December, 12.30pm and 7pm
• Friday 29 December, 12.30pm and 7pm (quarter-finals)
• Saturday 30 December, coverage from 7pm, play starts at 7.30pm (semi-finals, talkSPORT)
• Monday 1 January, coverage from 7pm, play starts at 8pm (the final, talkSPORT)
Over a week of darts on the radio!!!!
Big Jock Knew
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Darts on the radio....hmm
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Murphio wrote:Darts on the radio....hmm
Trust me, darts on the radio is very important. Especially when a farmer beats a professional over one leg on it...
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Excellent.
Handy for me who won't be watching as I don't have sky or wifi.
Lovely.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Its also a reflection as to just how bad the BDO is ran. We are in a massive darting boom and even though they are a second tier they should still have benefitted by getting more sponsors and tournaments on minor TV channels.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Astonvilla wrote:Its also a reflection as to just how bad the BDO is ran. We are in a massive darting boom and even though they are a second tier they should still have benefitted by getting more sponsors and tournaments on minor TV channels, without having to pay for the privilege.
Fixed.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:
Astonvilla wrote:Its also a reflection as to just how bad the BDO is ran. We are in a massive darting boom and even though they are a second tier they should still have benefitted by getting more sponsors and tournaments on minor TV channels, without having to pay for the privilege.
Fixed.
:D

Speaking of which, the channel Frontrunner hastily launched to ensure they could show all of the WDT (well, not the final :DDD: ) seems to be no more. Frontrunner 2 is not on the Sky EPG anymore.
Big Jock Knew
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Astonvilla wrote:Its also a reflection as to just how bad the BDO is ran. We are in a massive darting boom and even though they are a second tier they should still have benefitted by getting more sponsors and tournaments on minor TV channels.
I tend to agree in that there would probably be no darts on TV at all were it not for the PDC. The fact Lakeside was kept on BBC for so long before being picked up by BT and Channel 4 is largely due, imo, to the boom created in the other side of the divide.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Fixed.
:D

Speaking of which, the channel Frontrunner hastily launched to ensure they could show all of the WDT (well, not the final :DDD: ) seems to be no more. Frontrunner 2 is not on the Sky EPG anymore.
RIP.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

BlueSpark wrote:Excellent.
Lovely.
Thank you to the kind forum member, recognising the effort taken to run the competition, for the PM offering me his Sky Go login details so I can watch the action.
Kudos.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Astonvilla wrote:Its also a reflection as to just how bad the BDO is ran. We are in a massive darting boom and even though they are a second tier they should still have benefitted by getting more sponsors and tournaments on minor TV channels.
This is a PDC thread......
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Not sure darts on the radio works but hey more cash for the coffers.

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Excellent.
Lovely.
Thank you to the kind forum member, recognising the effort taken to run the competition, for the PM offering me his Sky Go login details so I can watch the action.
Kudos.
I wouldnt mind that either, I dont have Sports at the moment so can only watch a decent stream when its on Mix :DDD:

Mobdro it is!!!
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Bad news all round.....should be on a terrestrial channel....money has ruined darts and our opertunities to watch it.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"