Phil Taylor: Hypocrite?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Murphio
International

Phil Taylor: Hypocrite?

Post by Murphio »

We all know how much Phil hates these modern day players jumping about giving it the 'big un'. This is quite possibly the most embarrassing 'big un' in history.

[youtube][/youtube]
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: Phil Taylor: Hypocrite

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

"it doesn't matter what I did"
UKDA 4 Life
craigmc
Superleague Player

Re: Phil Taylor: Hypocrite?

Post by craigmc »

Don't have a problem with that clip and remember it well. I get the drift of your question but I'd not begrudge anyone going a bit nuts when winning a title especially a big money one.Seen far more over the top celebrations for 50 quid and a plastic fantastic cup.I always took his grumblings about players on stage antics to be more about fist pumping and giving it large for 140s etc during games like MVG and the turd Cadby. It's his last tournament and I for one would enjoy seeing him win it. Either way it's retirement and no more Taylor. Can't see him doing comms apart from maybe odd guest spot?But just from a darts perspective love him or hate him he's the best I've seen.Hypocrite? Not in my opinion. Few cringe worthy interviews and name dropping and bit of strife in Fife aside he's done very well
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Phil Taylor is a hypocrite, eh?

In other news, pig is pork and shit is good for gardens.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Craig I disagree 100%.

The reason I went from liking the guy to disliking was his two faced comments. Especially re fans booing his opponents.

The classic case was him stopping playing and asking some mvg fans to be silenced by security at Bolton (who were doing the mvg chant). Previously when his fans were chanting his name, at other events, he would say that this is modern darts and fans pay their money.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Craig I have no issue with people celebrating. Taylor was one of the worst for jumping about, fist pumping etc. And now he criticises others for doing the same thing.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Hard to know how such fame and fortune would change any of us if we went from pub darts and little money to where he has got? I read lots of people's dislikes of Taylor and I'm not going to argue over any of it.Going from everyday life to multi millionaire whilst still being a fairly simple normal guy I think would change anyone? I'd like to find out
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Murphio wrote:Craig I have no issue with people celebrating. Taylor was one of the worst for jumping about, fist pumping etc. And now he criticises others for doing the same thing.
Read this after posted last one.. Yes I see how you reached your conclusion and respect your opinions on it and him. Think fans and foes of his will all miss him a bit more than they would think after his retirement?
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

craigmc wrote:
Murphio wrote:Craig I have no issue with people celebrating. Taylor was one of the worst for jumping about, fist pumping etc. And now he criticises others for doing the same thing.
Read this after posted last one.. Yes I see how you reached your conclusion and respect your opinions on it and him. Think fans and foes of his will all miss him a bit more than they would think after his retirement?
He is the best player there was, is, and ever will be. And I had no issue with his 'antics'. What bothers me is he whinges when people celebrate - when he done the same thing. He whinges when people do the opposite and 'don't enjoy their job'. And he cries when the same fans who give his opponents dog's abuse for years turned it on him. He is the ultimate ' Do as I say, but not as I do' hyprocrite.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

I don't fully agree with you on this one, but many will I suspect. It will be interesting to see how he conducts himself in this last tournament though and may prove you correct?
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

He could be retired in a day or two
UKDA 4 Life
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

devosteve wrote:Craig I disagree 100%.

The reason I went from liking the guy to disliking was his two faced comments. Especially re fans booing his opponents.

The classic case was him stopping playing and asking some mvg fans to be silenced by security at Bolton (who were doing the mvg chant). Previously when his fans were chanting his name, at other events, he would say that this is modern darts and fans pay their money.
Just saw this Devo and again fair points. Don't have a problem with your reasoning..Having opposing views doesn't automatically make people "haters"
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

January 3rd 2005

"Byline: Martin ROGERS

PHIL "The Power" Taylor reached yet another final last night after thrashing Bob Anderson 6-2 but faces a six-month ban from televised darts after sparking a furious row with bitter rival Kevin Painter.

Taylor caused another major stink by taunting Painter after winning their Ladbrokes.com World Championship quarter-final on Saturday night.

He was heard to yell "f*** off" at his opponent live on TV and faces an investigation from darts chiefs.

PDC bosses are also looking into his conduct during the match and are considering imposing a hefty fine as well as a suspension.

Taylor, the 11-time world champion, was involved in more controversy last week when he was accused of breaking wind at the oche by opponent Alex Roy.

Painter last night revealed: "While I was trying to throw during the match, Phil would be holding a conversation with someone in the crowd.

"That sort of thing is disrespectful and is not the accepted form of behaviour in darts. It is bang out of order.

"Also, in the match some bloke in the crowd kept calling out and telling me I was a 'prat' and a 'twat' and nothing was being done about it.

"When I spoke to the referee about it, Phil began complaining that I was mentioning it at all."

At the end of the match, tempers boiled over and security staff ushered the warring players off the stage at Purfleet's Circus Tavern. Painter may also face a fine, but it is believed Taylor is held primarily responsible for the incident.

Taylor's incredible 11 world titles have taken his sport to a new level, but he is in danger of becoming the most hated man in darts.

He may be banned from the next televised event, the UK Open at the Reebok Stadium in May.

That would leave him unable to compete on TV again until June's Las Vegas Desert Classic.

Painter added: "We are adults and it happened in the heat of the moment. Things like that go on in sport. If he wants to hold a grudge that is up to him but I will still say hello to Phil next time I see him.

"We will probably get in a bit of trouble for it, you seem to get fined for nothing these days.

"The fact is, I'll stick up for myself. He called me a 'w***er' so I called him a 'w***er' back."

And 12 months ago world No.3 Peter Manley blasted Taylor, saying: "It is a clash of personalities with Phil and I. I am one of those people who speaks their mind. Others, like Phil, crawl up people's a***s. To me he is patronising. He does that to try to seem like a nice guy and people don't see through it."

But Taylor insisted the row left him "shattered" and added: "It always seems to be me. I get abused and called filthy names and it is hard to deal with.

"It hurt my feelings. I didn't sleep very well. My wife asked me what was wrong because I was restless. Things like that do upset you, of course it does."

He him survived an early blip last night against Anderson, who missed seven doubles which would have given him the first set.

The champion was a long way from his best, but as Anderson's double woes continued, began to move clear.

However, despite missing six more doubles Anderson eventually connected to take the third set.

But Taylor then went on a devastating run to go 5-1 up and despite a slip-up in the seventh, secured a 6-2 victory.

Earlier, Mark Dudbridge booked a place in the final for the first time in his career to confirm his status as one of darts' rising stars.

He stormed into an early lead against local favourite Wayne Mardle and withstood a spirited revival from the Essex thrower to clinch victory.

The 31-year-old 13th seed was occasionally distracted by an ill-behaved section of the crowd but held his nerve as Mardle fought back.

Mardle to narrowed the the gap from 4-1 to 5-4, and it seemed he may repeat his remarkable comeback against No.1 seed Colin Lloyd the previous night.

But Dudbridge kept his cool in a tension-filled 10th set to guarantee himself a payday of at least pounds 30,000.

Dudbridge said: "I have big ambitions in darts and this is a big step for me.

"When you get chances like this you want to take them." "
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Murphio wrote:We all know how much Phil hates these modern day players jumping about giving it the 'big un'. This is quite possibly the most embarrassing 'big un' in history.
No problem with jumping around after winning a match/title but nowadays some players are freaking out after each and every 140 FFS or some other "minor" stuff... :showbum: :showbum:

And yes, of course he is a hypocrite and bad loser. :IIII:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

oche balboa wrote:January 3rd 2005
Taylor, the 11-time world champion, was involved in more controversy last week when he was accused of breaking wind at the oche by opponent Alex Roy.
:DDD:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:Phil Taylor is a hypocrite, eh?

In other news, pig is pork and shit is good for gardens.
:grin: That about sums it up.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Murphio wrote:We all know how much Phil hates these modern day players jumping about giving it the 'big un'. This is quite possibly the most embarrassing 'big un' in history.

[youtube][/youtube]

That was when he won the game.
I am sure he refers to people celebrating after every single throw.

but suspect you knew this and chose to ignore it.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Nothing wrong with that celebration...I've no.problem with any celebration ...and I think that was when Taylor was always initially a bit wary of new top BDO switchers which Mardle was...until he got them in his pocket like everybody else....

But of course he's a hypocrite...the biggest one...and that's why I don't like him one little bit...a truly obnoxious individual who will definitely not be missed by me..

I think the comment that he was having conversations with the crowd while his opponent was throwing sums him up very well...it's something he's always done..but imagine MVG going that against him while Taylor was losing !!!!