PDC TV....Rubbish Service

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paulie Walnuts
Pub Champion

PDC TV....Rubbish Service

Post by Paulie Walnuts »

Just tried to sign up for the first time in a few years....and of course it doesn't work

Get a payment error even though my card is valid. Why can the PDC not get their house in order when it comes to some of their online services?

It was crap a few years ago and it still is

If you wish to cancel the service you've to send an email :roll: and there's no way to change the credit card either

Complete rubbish
ifm
International

Re: PDC TV....Rubbish Service

Post by ifm »

Paulie Walnuts wrote:Just tried to sign up for the first time in a few years....and of course it doesn't work

Get a payment error even though my card is valid. Why can the PDC not get their house in order when it comes to some of their online services?

It was crap a few years ago and it still is

If you wish to cancel the service you've to send an email :roll: and there's no way to change the credit card either

Complete rubbish
It's a howler alright.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

Weird. I have some problems with the stream reliablity in the early days of big events (they obviously don't rent enough server instances to cover the demand at times), but i bought several accounts for my family for this years WC (way cheaper as Sport1 reselling the stream) w/o any issue.
Used paypal, though.

@ifm
I agree, the BDO.tv checkout is way more comfortable. And the permanent pdc webshop is certainly a case for an event related "howlers thread". Desperate troll is desperate :D :D
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Add it to the list....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Add it to the list....
Shocking !!!
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

WCDPA wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Add it to the list....
Shocking !!!

Quite simply terrible
JFT97
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

indefensible.......
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

unprofessional
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

Wow. Thread caught approximately 75% of all remaining/living BDO supporters.
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

Hi guys, I have found the service excellent, been a subscriber for 18 months to watch all the events live in Canada. Never had an issue with the service really bar maybe a very infrequent isolated brief pause, amazing quality tbf!

That is until the world championships this week, opening day couldn't even log in for a long time with the site going down, and since then the stream is constantly freezing up every game, sometimes miss 2 or 3 legs when it freezes then kicks back in. Other people I know have been having the same problem.

I contacted the PDC and all they have done so far is try palm me off with a bunch of generic responses about update your browser etc, basically saying it's a fault at the user end when obviously it's not, I have a lightening fast 100mb fibre op connection too.

Worst fault is I just signed up for a years subscription last month, was on a monthly basis before but it works out 50% cheaper signing up for the year, and I have been really pleased with the service until now...so they have my money now!

I just hope they fix it, even though they wont admit they must know they have bandwidth problem, the worry is this is only the 1st round, more and more people will be logging in as the tournament progresses.
O C
Superleague Player

Post by O C »

After the login issues the first day its been fine for me since. Watching on my phone yesterday afternoon while I was out, no problems. Glad they finally got rid of the flash video.
Been a subscriber for years, overall very satisfied.
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

O C wrote:After the login issues the first day its been fine for me since. Watching on my phone yesterday afternoon while I was out, no problems. Glad they finally got rid of the flash video.
Been a subscriber for years, overall very satisfied.
Where are you based?

I was really impressed until now, the picture quality is still top quality but I feel like I could just as well be watching an illegal stream for free if I wanted to watch something that pauses all the time!

They also told me to disable adblock which I will try later, but fail to see that could be a problem as there's no ads during the stream?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

The service is abysmal......I can't even log on.
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

Paddy McGinty wrote:The service is abysmal......I can't even log on.
I never had trouble with that apart from the opening night last week when they blocked people logging in.

Stream has been perfect so far for the pre lim game, but it lets see if it lasts all night when more log on.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Canuck_bully wrote:
I never had trouble with that apart from the opening night last week when they blocked people logging in.

Stream has been perfect so far for the pre lim game, but it lets see if it lasts all night when more log on.
Do i have to have an account first do you think?
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:

Yeh it might help...

Well happy to say the stream has been flawless tonight, for the first time since the worlds started...fluke or Barry has shelled out for more bandwidth?

Hope in continues for the rest of the championship!
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Canuck_bully wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:

Yeh it might help...

Well happy to say the stream has been flawless tonight, for the first time since the worlds started...fluke or Barry has shelled out for more bandwidth?

Agh....That's where I'm going wrong. I'm certainly not going to pay to watch a stream of qualifiers.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Pdc TV is shite.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

BlueSpark wrote:Pdc TV is shite.
Is this just in time for Lakeside?.....it's too late now we know which way the cloth is cut. ;-)
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:

Yeh it might help...

Agh....That's where I'm going wrong. I'm certainly not going to pay to watch a stream of qualifiers.
It's well worth the 5 pound a month Paddy with professional dart events live streamed in HD much of the year, like what can a fiver a month buy you these days really? :omg: