PDC prize money to grow 25% in 2018?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dannyboy
International

PDC prize money to grow 25% in 2018?

Post by Dannyboy »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/others ... naire.html

Uncle Barry interview with today's Daily Hate Mail.

A quarter of a century ago, Sky broadcast a world championships featuring 24 players and a prize fund of £64,000. More than £1.8million is on offer for the 72 players from 24 countries who will contest the title before the winner is decided on New Year’s Day 2018.

‘The darts players remember where they come from. They don’t think they are Bertie big bananas because they are making a couple of quid,’ says Hearn. ‘Most dart players look like someone who lives in your street. He is not going to be able run 100 metres under ten seconds. He is not going to be able to hit a cricket ball out of the Gabba. They are exceptional at one thing but they never had been treated like proper professionals.

‘The prize money was once half a million a year, now it’s £14m. Ordinary blokes who were earning 15-20 grand a year are earning 100, 200, 300 grand.

‘It’s not Premier League football money but that is a sport that has lost its way.’

Prize money this season was £11m, so a £3m jump is extraordinary and such a % increase is almost unheard of in any other sport. It was revealed a couple of years ago that the 2019 Worlds will have a prize fund of £2m and 2020 will have a winner's cheque of £500,000.

Remember when £10m was the promised land? Surely they've got to be looking at doubling that in the next 5 years?

Why are BDO players umming and ahhing again?
devosteve
International

Re: PDC prize money to grow 25% in 2018?

Post by devosteve »

Some (not all ) know they are kit good enough to play at the top in the pdc. I reckon they love it when players like bunting switch etc.

For me,wait young players will be looking in one direction increasingly year by year.

Some folk still think that lakeside and it's magical stage is the dream for folk. Not for the younger generation folk.

Well done Hearn.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

There may not be a Lakeside 2019 quite frankly.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Dannyboy wrote:There may not be a Lakeside 2009 quite frankly.
You keep saying.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

bdo bdo bdo bdo
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Dannyboy wrote:There may not be a Lakeside 2019 quite frankly.

there will be a bdo "world pro" but think the days of lakeside will be coming to an end eventually as bob wont be around forever and cant see his wife or family carrying on
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Garry Murphy wrote:

there will be a bdo "world pro" but think the days of lakeside will be coming to an end eventually as bob wont be around forever and cant see his wife or family carrying on
I think this will be the last year for them

If the new era happened I think we wouldn’t be at lakeside anymore, he was hell bent on moving it somewhere else
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

bdo bdo bdo bdo
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:

If the new era happened I think we wouldn’t be at lakeside anymore, he was hell bent on moving it somewhere else
Think as long as bob is around he will "offer" the place for their comp.

He makes a profit himself.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

I agree but I think the Prize money will drop to a more realistic level.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:

Think as long as bob is around he will "offer" the place for their comp.

He makes a profit himself.
I’m not so sure, bridges are being burnt and even if bob wants it there I don’t think the rest of the family does
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Depends which part of the family comes out on top when Bob departs ! Hard to say until we know who's been left what in the will .
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Club land will never die.