Andy Hamilton to the BDO

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Andy Hamilton to the BDO

Post by Ginge »

Richardwatson wrote:To be fair he's getting more money for these than he's made in last 2 years.
In which case you cant blame him.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Andy Hamilton to the BDO

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:
Richardwatson wrote:These tournaments down under were arranged 6 m9nths ago.
Well there we go then, booked them thinking he wouldnt have to do Q School and the plan backfired ;)
Doubly so when they said you have to do q school to play challenge tour!!
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

I don't know if a former top 10 player like Hamilton would really want to slum it on the Challenge Tour in the first place. The level of play might be lower than on the Pro Tour, but the competition is still pretty cut-throat and if you're out of form and low on confidence you could be looking at many early exits there, too, killing your spirits completely. Like many I'm skeptical if Hamilton has anything left in the tank, but I do think the route he's choosing to discover it is the right one.

Other than that, there's also the fact that BDO-ranked events are probably easier to schedule around exbo dates because there are so many to choose from.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Zeyes wrote:I don't know if a former top 10 player like Hamilton would really want to slum it on the Challenge Tour in the first place. The level of play might be lower than on the Pro Tour, but the competition is still pretty cut-throat and if you're out of form and low on confidence you could be looking at many early exits there, too, killing your spirits completely. Like many I'm skeptical if Hamilton has anything left in the tank, but I do think the route he's choosing to discover it is the right one.

Other than that, there's also the fact that BDO-ranked events are probably easier to schedule around exbo dates because there are so many to choose from.
No one answered me before, but is he eligible for Lakeside ranked events? He has played a pro tour since the new bdo season started.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Zeyes wrote:I don't know if a former top 10 player like Hamilton would really want to slum it on the Challenge Tour in the first place. The level of play might be lower than on the Pro Tour, but the competition is still pretty cut-throat and if you're out of form and low on confidence you could be looking at many early exits there, too, killing your spirits completely. Like many I'm skeptical if Hamilton has anything left in the tank, but I do think the route he's choosing to discover it is the right one.

No one answered me before, but is he eligible for Lakeside ranked events? He has played a pro tour since the new bdo season started.
Yes he is eligible, no "180/360 day rule" exists anymore.
Big Jock Knew
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Ginge wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:

I thought there was a play on the pro tour and your ineligible for Lakeside rule.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Ginge wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:

I thought there was a play on the pro tour and your ineligible for Lakeside rule.
Hmm. Not too sure now.

Zeyes?
Big Jock Knew
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

c. Must not be a registered holder of a currently valid Professional Darts Corporation [PDC] Tour card
d. Must not have participated in any PDC Players Championships in the current year
Of course it's possible to read "current year" as "current season", but I'm fairly sure it's meant to refer to calendar years, and at least that's how it's been applied so far to guys such as de Vreede and Whitehead.

Edit: My bad, Whitehead's last PC events were before the start of the Lakeside season.
Last edited by Zeyes on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

McDine played in the Dutch Open and he played in Pro Tours after the Lakeside "season" started, so cant see an issue.
Big Jock Knew
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Right, McDine's another one who went straight over.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I assume its after Lakeside is completed
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
DartsMadJohn
Steady Sixties

Post by DartsMadJohn »

Wasn't McDine supposed to be the next big thing in darts, or am I just remembering his name from a Waddell list of supposed "future world champions" after one great match?
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

DartsMadJohn wrote:Wasn't McDine supposed to be the next big thing in darts, or am I just remembering his name from a Waddell list of supposed "future world champions" after one great match?

He was...especially after the Grand Slam when put in about a 105 average in beating somebody in the knockout section...Manley ?....great talent but never kicked on.....
davcol
Superleague Player

Post by davcol »

He's done his apprenticeship, now let's see if he can make it to lakeside
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

So looks like he is seriously looking to qualify for Lakeside, would be a great story.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ChrisW wrote:So looks like he is seriously looking to qualify for Lakeside, would be a great story.
Not a lover of the gurning stokey but it would be an interesting dilemma should he have a good season and lakeside.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

nikkiboy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:So looks like he is seriously looking to qualify for Lakeside, would be a great story.
Not a lover of the gurning stokey but it would be an interesting dilemma should he have a good season and lakeside.
Will it even be at Lakeside?
Hope so. Will you be going again if it is?
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Met Andy years ago - Hes a confidence player - If he gets his confidence back he will be a match for almost anyone - Durrant best keep his eyes peeled if Andy gets into his groove -

Robson
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Robson wrote:Met Andy years ago - Hes a confidence player - If he gets his confidence back he will be a match for almost anyone - Durrant best keep his eyes peeled if Andy gets into his groove -

Robson
The guy has fitted straight in no airs and graces , very approachable to other players and well wishers , signs autographs and has pics all the time and been popular everywhere he's gone ! and even better he posts on the Real Fanatics site .
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

WCDPA wrote:
Robson wrote:Met Andy years ago - Hes a confidence player - If he gets his confidence back he will be a match for almost anyone - Durrant best keep his eyes peeled if Andy gets into his groove -

Robson
The guy has fitted straight in no airs and graces , very approachable to other players and well wishers , signs autographs and has pics all the time and been popular everywhere he's gone ! and even better he posts on the Real Fanatics site .
He was a gent when I met him - Had time for everyone - Glad he hasnt changed

Robson