Taylor's retirement

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: Taylor's retirement

Post by Paddy McGinty »

slymaster wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Do you think he would become a pundit or commentator.
Not as a regular.
Thank God for that.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

can see him doing the champions league of darts on bbc in september instead of a w l that would shoe him in nicely for a lifetime achievement award at spoty 2018
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
slymaster wrote:
Not as a regular.
Thank God for that.....
yup
xtreme rebel
County Player

Post by xtreme rebel »

He has said he's going to be busier than ever. Off to Germany tomorrow for a big exhibition, then onto Australia for a few weeks and then to Japan, Abu Dhabai and the likes. 160 exhibitions booked in, in the next year he says.

Seems he lost his competitive edge, not his love for the game. He's going to make plenty money still, but won't be the subject of any competitive beatings from the top players.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

xtreme rebel wrote:He has said he's going to be busier than ever. Off to Germany tomorrow for a big exhibition, then onto Australia for a few weeks and then to Japan, Abu Dhabai and the likes. 160 exhibitions booked in, in the next year he says.

Seems he lost his competitive edge, not his love for the game. He's going to make plenty money still, but won't be the subject of any competitive beatings from the top players.
But who in there right mind would pay to watch him? He's not exactly Mr Personality is he.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
xtreme rebel wrote:He has said he's going to be busier than ever. Off to Germany tomorrow for a big exhibition, then onto Australia for a few weeks and then to Japan, Abu Dhabai and the likes. 160 exhibitions booked in, in the next year he says.

But who in there right mind would pay to watch him? He's not exactly Mr Personality is he.
Most of the darts going population are not even aware, and probably dont care, that he has a conviction for sexual assault either....
Big Jock Knew
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

Mgt wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:
Mgt wrote:https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/01/02/tayl ... lay-honour

The World Matchplay trophy is now named after Taylor.
I'm sure MVG will love lifting the "Phil Taylor" trophy. :)

But no way will Taylor ever un-retire now, not after yesterdays drubbing, no one wants to see a legends career gradually diminish more and more...he probably should of went 5 years ago after he won in 2013.
I doubt anyone would really mind though would they? Winning the World Matchplay is an amazing feat, they could probably call it the "Shitpiss Trophy for fraggles" and players would still be thrilled to win it.
For sure, it's still the World Matchplay the second biggest one to win in darts.

I suspect all the players are happy to see Taylor finally retire as he's still one of the best in the world and would continue to feature at the business end of tournaments on a regular basis.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Yeah, difficult to see, in places which don't get top level darts events all year round, how the greatest player of all time would sell any tickets to see him play. Very difficult.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Some funny arguments on the PDC facebook page about Taylor, some even calling for him to be knighted, erm........
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Paulie Walnuts
Pub Champion

Post by Paulie Walnuts »

slymaster wrote:
Not as a regular.
Do you think he's articulate enough to be a pundit? Not sure he's cut out for it, he's liable to say absolutely anything at any time!
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Paulie Walnuts wrote:
slymaster wrote:
Not as a regular.
Do you think he's articulate enough to be a pundit? Not sure he's cut out for it, he's liable to say absolutely anything at any time!
All he'll do is perpetually name drop.........
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

slymaster wrote:
Not as a regular.
I disagree, i think we will see and here him in most if not all the tv tournaments, he will be all over them.
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

foggy wrote:
slymaster wrote:
Not as a regular.
I disagree, i think we will see and here him in most if not all the tv tournaments, he will be all over them.
Good thing he doesn't speak Dutch, good old Jacques Nieuwlaat for me. :)
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Taylor's retirement

Post by Skewball »

Can't blame him. Easy money.
Richardwatson
Brass Darts

Post by Richardwatson »

footballafc wrote:Isn't Taylor an honourary member of PDC/PDPA (along with all the original defectors)? Would this not give him some benefits?
There's no benefit to being one of the originals.
Richardwatson
Brass Darts

Post by Richardwatson »

Paddy McGinty wrote:

Also at 10 grand for him for one night God only knows who is paying that.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Mgt wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:

But no way will Taylor ever un-retire now, not after yesterdays drubbing, no one wants to see a legends career gradually diminish more and more...he probably should of went 5 years ago after he won in 2013.
I doubt anyone would really mind though would they? Winning the World Matchplay is an amazing feat, they could probably call it the "Shitpiss Trophy for fraggles" and players would still be thrilled to win it.
The shit piss trophy for fraggles is already being played for next week.......so they are too late for that unfotlrtunately
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Richardwatson wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Also at 10 grand for him for one night God only knows who is paying that.
It used to be 6k plus VAT........who the hell would pay 10k
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

trotter wrote:
Mgt wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:

The shit piss trophy for fraggles is already being played for next week.......so they are too late for that unfotlrtunately
Naughty, naughty. ;)
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Not a Taylor fan but he is a huge draw in exhibitions..the biggest one out there by a mile....I've seen him myself albeit a good few years ago...

Plus I remember when his autobiography came out..he was doing a signing at Waterstones and I popped round from work out of interest and the place was heaving....they were out of the door and right up St Anne's Square !....I thought Take That or someone like that must have been there instead !!!......he's got a following for sure..