2018 WSOD

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: 2018 WSOD

Post by Ginge »

No no no no they had empty seats in the stadium so the event was a flop.
Big Jock Knew
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

ssjsa wrote:THE 2018 German Darts Masters will go down in history as a record-breaking crowd for a darts event, with the attendance now officially verified.

An incredible 20,210 darts fans flocked to the Veltins Arena in Gelsenkirchen for the one-day spectacular which got the 2018 PDC World Series of Darts underway, marking the continued growth of the sport in Germany

The previous world record crowd for a darts event saw 14,354 spectators at the London & The South Divisional final of the News of the World Championship in 1939, while the previous PDC record was set earlier this year as over 12,000 fans attended Night Four of the Unibet Premier League in Berlin.

The German Darts Masters took place at the home of FC Schalke 04, which was transformed into a 'Darts Music Arena', with Mensur Suljovic beating Dimitri Van den Bergh 8-2 in the final.

The unique tournament was the first of six global events being held on the PDC's World Series of Darts circuit this year.

The second William Hill U.S. Darts Masters will be held in Las Vegas from July 5-7 as the World Series of Darts returns to action, before heading to Shanghai to complete a double-header.

August will then see tournaments being held in Auckland, Melbourne and Brisbane before the season-ending World Series of Darts Finals see the stars compete in Vienna in November. For tickets, see www.pdc.tv/tickets.
So what. They are professionals and get paid.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Folks used to talk about the real glory days of darts (re fans in attendance) as being in the past. We are living in the glory days!

20,210! Man, the BDO would have loved 210 at the WDT!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:Folks used to talk about the real glory days of darts (re fans in attendance) as being in the past. We are living in the glory days!

Add up the seven sessions and they probably just got over that :WWWW:
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

wow.
Incredible really what the PDC is now doing in Europe. (Something the BDO could have done years ago but hey, I am sure they had lots of reasons and excuses not to, or something).
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote:wow.
Incredible really what the PDC is now doing in Europe. (Something the BDO could have done years ago but hey, I am sure they had lots of reasons and excuses not to, or something).
Probably because they are the BRITISH Darts Organisation and Europe really has fek all to do with them.
Big Jock Knew
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote:wow.
Probably because they are the BRITISH Darts Organisation and Europe really has fek all to do with them.
Don't forget they are amateurs and don't get paid.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

devosteve wrote:Folks used to talk about the real glory days of darts (re fans in attendance) as being in the past. We are living in the glory days!

We really are in the glory days, Tommy and Paul chalking women's games all day in a tent :DDD:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Please remember London Eye is an amateur troll and is not paid for his work here.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Edited by Admin.
Last edited by ssjsa on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for abuse following report.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

[/quote]/quote]

Edited by Admin.

I know you think your funny and disguise these comments (always in this same poor taste) as a joke but you really do come across as disturbed.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

oche balboa wrote:Edited by Admin.

I see wubba is up

Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

oche balboa wrote:

I see wubba is up
Good Morning! ;-)
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
oche balboa wrote:

I see wubba is up
Good Morning! ;-)
:IIII: Morning

Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

I think the glory days was the late 90s when Lakeside was at its best - You had RVB Baxter Burnett Hankey Adams and many more - You also had Mr Taylor in the PDC - The 80s were great was well - With Lowe Bristow and those lot - The game is bigger than ever today - But I dont enjoy it as much - Too much leg play - And MVG is a bit overrated -

Robson
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Robson wrote:I think the glory days was the late 90s when Lakeside was at its best - You had RVB Baxter Burnett Hankey Adams and many more - You also had Mr Taylor in the PDC - The 80s were great was well - With Lowe Bristow and those lot - The game is bigger than ever today - But I dont enjoy it as much - Too much leg play - And MVG is a bit overrated -

Robson
When were the glory days re highest attendance of paying punters?
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

devosteve wrote:
Robson wrote:I think the glory days was the late 90s when Lakeside was at its best - You had RVB Baxter Burnett Hankey Adams and many more - You also had Mr Taylor in the PDC - The 80s were great was well - With Lowe Bristow and those lot - The game is bigger than ever today - But I dont enjoy it as much - Too much leg play - And MVG is a bit overrated -

Robson
Probably now - But I dont care about how much money the PDC makes - Im not a PDC stockholder bud -

Robson
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Robson wrote:
devosteve wrote:
Robson wrote:I thinto the glory days was the late 90s when Lakeside was at its best - You had RVB Baxter Burnett Hankey Adams and many more - You also had Mr Taylor in the PDC - The 80s were great was well - With Lowe Bristow and those lot - The game is bigger than ever today - But I dont enjoy it as much - Too much leg play - And MVG is a bit overrated -

Robson
Probably now - But I dont care about how much money the PDC makes - Im not a PDC stockholder bud -

Robson
ditto re being a PDC stockholder. But why bring money into the point? It's not about the money but the game of darts.

I am talking attendance. Popularity. The desire of folks to watch the sport.
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

devosteve wrote:
Robson wrote:
devosteve wrote:
Robson wrote:I thinto the glory days was the late 90s when Lakeside was at its best - You had RVB Baxter Burnett Hankey Adams and many more - You also had Mr Taylor in the PDC - The 80s were great was well - With Lowe Bristow and those lot - The game is bigger than ever today - But I dont enjoy it as much - Too much leg play - And MVG is a bit overrated -

Robson

Robson
ditto re being a PDC stockholder. But why bring money into the point? It's not about the money but the game of darts.

I am talking attendance. Popularity. The desire of folks to watch the sport.
More people watch now - But is the darts better - I dont think so - Its just marketed better -

Robson
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

GERWYN PRICE is to defy the pain of a ruptured Achilles tendon to compete on the PDC World Series in Las Vegas and Shanghai and at the BetVictor World Matchplay next month.

The Welsh star suffered the freak injury whilst running last week, with doctors confirming on Monday that he will require surgery to repair the tendon in his left leg.

However, Price is planning to delay surgery until the start of August to enable him to continue competing during a high-profile period.

The 33-year-old is poised to compete in the World Series double-header in Las Vegas - where he was a semi-finalist 12 months ago - and Shanghai at the start of July.

He will then take part in the prestigious World Matchplay before having his surgery, giving himself almost two months to recover before the Unibet World Grand Prix.

"When I suffered the injury I couldn't believe my luck," admitted Price, the former UK Open and World Cup of Darts finalist.

"It was a freak accident, and I was hoping that it wouldn't be too serious.

"My foot's in a boot at present but it's my left leg so it's not my standing foot while I play, and I'm still planning to compete in the two European Tour events before Las Vegas.

"It's really important to me to be in the World Series events in Vegas and Shanghai and the World Matchplay too so I'll be doing everything to keep myself okay for them.

"I should be fine through to August - although I might have to take it easy on stage - and then I'll have the operation and if my recovery goes to plan I should be fine by the end of September."

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner