2018 WSOD

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: 2018 WSOD

Post by Ginge »

"Disgustingly" :D

No he didn't, as I don't believe today MvG threw away a 4 leg lead when only 2 legs away from the match. Hope this helps.
Big Jock Knew
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

Ginge wrote:"Disgustingly" :D

No he didn't, as I don't believe today MvG threw away a 4 leg lead when only 2 legs away from the match. Hope this helps.
He threw away the chance to get into the lead though, missing too many doubles. Were the missed doubles "shitting himself" or what it actually was - just missing because not good enough in comparison to the opponent on the day?!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

No, he shat himself. I've already told you this.
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Ginge wrote:No, he shat himself. I've already told you this.
can you stop using obscene language.

Try use other terms like lack of bottle
Choking
Lack of testicular fortitude
Absence of grapefruits
etc
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Those trophies looked a bit cheapo.

Gutted whitlock lost last night. Would have kept my interest in this event going. 1st night is good but need more 'locals' getting through.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

devosteve wrote:Those trophies looked a bit cheapo.

Gutted whitlock lost last night. Would have kept my interest in this event going. 1st night is good but need more 'locals' getting through.
Ditto, but the qualifiers Down Under are of a higher standard than those of North America or Asia for sure, for me these 3 events in NZ & Australia are the most watchable of the year aside from the Finals itself.
Little Lonely Garry
International

phil davies wrote:Congrats to Peter another win over MvG on TV May give him more confidence should they meet in major ranking event later this year.

A an aside what is the point of the WSID ranking the PDC May as well do away with them I know the top 8 qualify for the finals but they give wildcards anyway so they may as well just not have it. It’s a stupid ranking anyway as the mohority have played in a different number of events. Though Mensur is walking into the top 8 despite only playing and winning the one( he’s just that good!)

The 3 events down under saw Barney get 3 undeserved wildcards.

Wade who is higher ranked got none, meaning the deck is stacked in barneys favor to "qualify" in an unjust system.

In the end who cares as its just a meaningless glorified exbo series that is non ranked
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Courtesy of Premium Dart Data

PDC World Series 2018 Tables
After the Melbourne Darts Masters

Four players are in every Top 10 Table
MvG
Mensur
Cross
Whitlock
Attachments
IMG_20180813_211006.jpg
IMG_20180813_211006.jpg (401.55 KiB) Viewed 2092 times

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Bruce Terrett
Superleague Player

Post by Bruce Terrett »

ssjsa wrote:Courtesy of Premium Dart Data

MvG
Mensur
Cross
Whitlock
Wadey?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Bruce Terrett wrote:
ssjsa wrote:Courtesy of Premium Dart Data

MvG
Mensur
Cross
Whitlock
Wadey?
He was missed by Premium Dart Data. :grin:

On a separate note, just hope James can have a good Grand Prix, following a disappointing Matchplay.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

PETER WRIGHT is hoping that Sunday's Melbourne Darts Masters triumph can kick-start his 2018 campaign.

Having risen to world number two during a brilliant 2017, which included his maiden TV title at the UK Open and a World Series victory in Germany, Wright has endured a tougher year so far.

Having reached four ProTour finals and the World Cup of Darts decider during the opening months of 2018, Wright claimed is first tournament win of the year at a Players Championship in mid-June.

Victory at the Hisense Arena on Sunday, where he overcame Michael Smith 11-8 in the final, was a welcome boost for Wright, who also whitewashed Mike Bonser and saw off Raymond van Barneveld and Michael van Gerwen.

Wright is now preparing to challenge for further honours in the remainder of the year, starting at the Brisbane Darts Masters from August 17-19.

"Winning here feels great," said Wright. "I got to the final last year but couldn't beat Phil [Taylor], so to go one better this year is a sign that I can start to turn things around.

"I lost a bit of my confidence over the last few months and felt like I was getting smashed up by a lot of players and was really struggling with my game.

All the other guys have played well to beat me in past and deserved it, but I said to myself I was going to win this tournament.

"I knew I'd have to beat two Dutch guys to do that, Raymond and Michael, and I felt confident I was going to do that.

"It was going to be difficult playing against Michael Smith - in the Premier League he's beaten me 7-1 and 7-1, so when I went into the break 3-2 up I was glad I'd won three legs!

"Michael played his best darts against Gary [in the semis] and I played my best darts to beat Michael.

"We were still waiting for each other to 'go' in the final so we were both disappointed that it wasn't a great game for the crowd - but it was a great game for me!"

The Brisbane Darts Masters will be held from August 17-19 at the BCEC. For tickets, visit www.ticketek.com.au.

Brisbane Darts Masters
August 17-19, BCEC, Brisbane, Australia
Competing Players
PDC Representatives: Michael van Gerwen, Peter Wright, Rob Cross, Gary Anderson, Simon Whitlock, Kyle Anderson, Michael Smith, Raymond van Barneveld
Oceanic Representatives: Corey Cadby, Tim Pusey, Raymond Smith, Mark Cleaver, Damon Heta, Gordon Mathers, Barry Gardner, Justin Thompson

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

SIMON WHITLOCK is confident that he can claim home glory in the Brisbane Darts Masters this weekend to secure his first World Series of Darts title.

The sport's most successful Australian is one of the PDC stars competing in the World Series treble-header Down Under.

Whitlock was defeated by Raymond van Barneveld in the Auckland Darts Masters semi-finals earlier in August before then losing out to Michael van Gerwen in the Melbourne Darts Masters quarter-finals.

However, Whitlock landed a roof-raising 170 finish during that Hisense Arena tie with Van Gerwen, who eventually sneaked a 10-8 victory.

Whitlock is now aiming to take that form into the inaugural Brisbane Darts Masters at the BCEC from August 17-19.

"I was disappointed not to win the match against Michael but I'm still feeling good and confident," said Whitlock. "I am going to take the positives from the match against Michael.

He's the best player in the world and I had him in a really tough spot. Fair play to him for getting out of it.

"I've beaten Rob Cross and Corey Cadby, who've both won titles this year, so it is a productive trip for me.

"All that's missing is it all coming together over one weekend. If that happens in Brisbane I can win the title without doubt."

The Brisbane Darts Masters will be held from August 17-19 at the BCEC. For tickets, visit www.ticketek.com.au.

Brisbane Darts Masters
August 17-19, BCEC, Brisbane, Australia
Competing Players
PDC Representatives: Michael van Gerwen, Peter Wright, Rob Cross, Gary Anderson, Simon Whitlock, Kyle Anderson, Michael Smith, Raymond van Barneveld
Oceanic Representatives: Corey Cadby, Tim Pusey, Raymond Smith, Mark Cleaver, Damon Heta, Gordon Mathers, Barry Gardner, Justin Thompson

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

RAYMOND SMITH believes that the World Series of Darts treble-header in Australia and New Zealand will be a "massive" boost for the sport Down Under.

Smith made his World Series of Darts debut at last weekend's Melbourne Darts Masters and will take part in the inaugural Brisbane Darts Masters at the BCEC from August 17-19.

The sport's top stars also competed in Auckland to begin August's three World Series events Down Under, while Sydney and Perth have previously staged events in Australia.

Smith - a three-time winner on the DartPlayers Australia circuit in 2018 - believes that the exposure players receive by playing against the PDC's top names is benefitting the sport at a domestic level.

"We've got eight guys that are having a crack on TV [in each event] and 14 in total for these three events," said Smith, a 38-year-old from Brisbane.

Darts in Australia is just going to go through the roof so I've got to step up my game because everybody else is. 

They see these [events] on TV and it's all good - it's massive for darts in Australia.

"Darts in Australia at the moment is very cut-throat and now we've just got to bring it onto TV, and as soon as we do it's going to be brilliant."

Smith was defeated 6-1 by Michael van Gerwen on his World Series of Darts debut in Melbourne last week, but believes he is better for the experience.

"There's certain players that you can feel when you're playing them that they know what they're doing," said Smith, who also qualified for the 2017 Lakeside Championship.

"I think I hit two 180s in the same leg and didn't get a shot at a double - there's nothing you can do, just walk off and smile!

"I was keen for it, but not good enough on the day. I enjoyed it and I'll go back to the practice board and practice three times harder - it's more motivation.

"I've got Brisbane to come and I'm keen as. I'm not going home with my tail between my legs - I'm up for it. I'm keen and I'm fired up."

Bram_1900
County Player

Post by Bram_1900 »

Is this WSOD over yet?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

SIMON WHITLOCK and Corey Cadby will lock horns again when they clash in the first round of the inaugural Brisbane Darts Masters on Friday.

The PDC World Series of Darts' first visit to Brisbane will see 16 players compete from August 17-19 at the BCEC in the sixth international event of the year.

Top Australian pair Whitlock and Cadby will headline Friday's opening night as they meet for a second successive week on the World Series circuit.

Whitlock, the former European Championship winner and World Championship finalist who previously lived in Queensland, took a 6-4 win when the pair met at the Melbourne Darts Masters.

Former World Youth Champion Cadby, though, will be aiming for revenge as the World Series of Darts event begins in Brisbane.

Peter Wright, last week's Melbourne Darts Masters champion, begins his challenge to claim back-to-back titles against Australian qualifier Justin Thompson.

World number one Michael van Gerwen has drawn New Zealand's Mark Cleaver, who has previously competed twice in the Auckland Darts Masters.

World Champion Rob Cross plays Tim Pusey, while recent World Matchplay winner Gary Anderson has drawn Perth's Damon Heta, who was a quarter-finalist in Melbourne.

Shanghai Darts Masters winner Michael Smith drew Brisbane's Raymond Smith, while Queenslander Gordon Mathers will take on five-time World Champion Raymond van Barneveld.

2017 Auckland Darts Masters winner Kyle Anderson, another former Queensland resident, will play fellow West Australian Barry Gardner, who is making his World Series of Darts debut.

Friday's first round at the BCEC will be followed by the quarter-finals on Saturday and the semi-finals and final on Sunday. For tickets, visit www.ticketek.com.au.

The Brisbane Darts Masters will be broadcast live on Fox Sports across Australia and worldwide through the PDC's international broadcast partners, as well as through PDCTV-HD for Rest of the World Subscribers (outside of the UK, Ireland & Netherlands).

UK TV coverage on ITV4 will be from 7pm BST on each night.

2018 Brisbane Darts Masters
Draw Bracket
Peter Wright (1) v Justin Thompson
Michael Smith v Raymond Smith
Rob Cross (4) v Tim Pusey
Simon Whitlock v Corey Cadby
Michael van Gerwen (2) v Mark Cleaver
Kyle Anderson v Barry Gardner
Gary Anderson (3) v Damon Heta
Raymond van Barneveld v Gordon Mathers

Schedule of Play
Friday August 17 (7pm)
First Round
Michael Smith v Raymond Smith
Raymond van Barneveld v Gordon Mathers
Kyle Anderson v Barry Gardner
Peter Wright v Justin Thompson
Rob Cross v Tim Pusey
Michael van Gerwen v Mark Cleaver
Simon Whitlock v Corey Cadby
Gary Anderson v Damon Heta
Best of 11 legs

Saturday August 18 (7pm)
Quarter-Finals
Best of 19 legs

Sunday August 19 (7pm)
Semi-Finals
Best of 21 legs

Final
Best of 21 legs

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Well played Raymond.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

ChrisW wrote:Well played Raymond.
I knew Smith was going to win that match
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Ah never realised these were shown live on Eir Sport 1

Last Leg decider in Cadby v Whitlock
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Cadby takes out Whitlock

Smith hit a 98 average to knock out Smith. Will certainly be one to watch at the Worlds
Little Lonely Garry
International

Michael Smith (87.62) 1-6 (98.35) Raymond Smith
Raymond van Barneveld (90.54) 6-1 (75.35) Gordon Mathers
Kyle Anderson (98.77) 6-2 (78.48) Barry Gardner
Peter Wright (100.37) 6-2 (89.90) Justin Thompson
Rob Cross (95.80) 6-2 (91.47) Tim Pusey
Michael van Gerwen (99.15) 6-2 (85.16) Mark Cleaver
Simon Shitlock (93.61) 5-6 (96.20) Corey Cadby
Gary Anderson (94.99) 6-5 (94.60) Damon Heta