2018 WSOD

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
foggs3355
International

Re: 2018 WSOD

Post by foggs3355 »

DavidB wrote:Nearly 1am local time - is this the latest start/finish for a final ever ??

Is this all being squeezed into one day because ITV4 have horse racing tomorrow?
They could play over 2 evening then 730 12 local time on the sat do 630 to 1130 finals
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

foggs3355 wrote:
DavidB wrote:Nearly 1am local time - is this the latest start/finish for a final ever ??

Is this all being squeezed into one day because ITV4 have horse racing tomorrow?
They could play over 2 evening then 730 12 local time on the sat do 630 to 1130 finals
I think your all trying to solve a problem that doesn't really matter.

Not sure what the attendance figure is but if the 20,000 turned up that was being advertised quids in. If they all want to come back next year even better.

It's been done this way due to how they wanted to produce the day with all the entertainment etc.
CARIAD
Brass Darts

Post by CARIAD »

Wsod the ultimate Exhbo night just waiting to see sponsored by Modus on the credits !!
CARIAD
Brass Darts

Post by CARIAD »

Garry Murphy wrote:Has any mushrooom spouted the "same 8 players" mantra this evening ?
And you think this is anything different??
CARIAD
Brass Darts

Post by CARIAD »

Presentations by the current "Kick Boxing Champion " of Germany
Raffle to follow
CARIAD
Brass Darts

Post by CARIAD »

Dan Dawson asks the stupid question could you be world champion

Mensur replies with the truth "never"
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Caught up with my recording this morning. As I have got older can’t do the very late night :(

I thought the one day event and music in the intervals etc. was at the request of the German promoter and TV channel screening it as it was a late add-ons to the WSOD which I thought had been aimed at Middle and Far East.

I guess German TV wanted this as they knew it would guarantee most of the top handful of players as the PDC tell them to turn up when the likes of Barnie and Andover refuse to participate in the ET.
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

CARIAD wrote:Dan Dawson asks the stupid question could you be world champion

Most stupid comment on this forum I've read for a while. Last time Mensur replied with 'never', he won the champions league
CARIAD
Brass Darts

Post by CARIAD »

Duneh9617 wrote:
CARIAD wrote:Dan Dawson asks the stupid question could you be world champion

Most stupid comment on this forum I've read for a while. Last time Mensur replied with 'never', he won the champions league
And you think he will win the WC one day !!! go and give your head a shake
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

Wow some surprise results in this one, I missed all the games from quarter finals onwards, quite a shock seeing the results after! Looks like DVDB let himself down in the final after a great day, not very often MVG loses by so many legs! Cross was dismal in the 1st round game I seen, he has alot of work to do to recapture his consistency from last season, looks like he ran Mensur close at least.
CARIAD
Brass Darts

Post by CARIAD »

Enjoyed the comp one thing was obvious is that Peter Wright is destined to be the Never Ever man,just not a winner,will win some pro tours and ET comps but majors never ever !
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

CARIAD wrote:Enjoyed the comp one thing was obvious is that Peter Wright is destined to be the Never Ever man,just not a winner,will win some pro tours and ET comps but majors never ever !
UK Open anyone?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote:
CARIAD wrote:Enjoyed the comp one thing was obvious is that Peter Wright is destined to be the Never Ever man,just not a winner,will win some pro tours and ET comps but majors never ever !
UK Open anyone?
Indeed but I do know what they mean
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
UK Open anyone?
Indeed but I do know what they mean
I don't.
He won a major, a proper established one.
Granted MVG wasn't there, but you beat who's put in front of you.
It was a ridiculous statement.
CARIAD
Brass Darts

Post by CARIAD »

Talking about the future not the past !!!
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Ha! Oh dear.
CARIAD
Brass Darts

Post by CARIAD »

Lee Taylor wrote:
Ha! Oh dear.

Only two players at the moment look like Major winners MVG & Gary Anderson

Wright not in the running !!
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Well done to Mensur -

Robson
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

Robson wrote:Well done to Mensur -

Robson
Jibbers Crabst on toast, you do even use the dash when there's nothing to follow? Honestly, I've seen a lot in almost three decades of usenet/forums/message board activity, and your "style" is def. one of the most irritating and nonsensical I ever came across. Where did you catch that dash-disease?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Duterprat wrote:
Robson wrote:Well done to Mensur -

Robson
Jibbers Crabst on toast, you do even use the dash when there's nothing to follow? Honestly, I've seen a lot in almost three decades of usenet/forums/message board activity, and your "style" is def. one of the most irritating and nonsensical I ever came across. Where did you catch that dash-disease?
Jibbers Crabst on toast?