Expanded field for 2019 PDC world championship plus £700,000 prizefund incress

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
DartsMadJohn
Steady Sixties

Re: Expanded field for 2019 PDC world championship plus £700,000 prizefund incress

Post by DartsMadJohn »

The only expansion I could see would be a USA-Canada split as others have said, bring back the Central America/Caribbean qualifying place, maybe do a Middle East/North Africa combined qualifier as the "pan-Arab" networks cover both regions? Other than that I can only think of doing some weird OOM tricks like the best 1-year performer who isn't already qualified.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Re: Expanded field for 2019 PDC world championship plus £700,000 prizefund incress

Post by The Jolly Man »

DartsMadJohn wrote:The only expansion I could see would be a USA-Canada split as others have said, bring back the Central America/Caribbean qualifying place, maybe do a Middle East/North Africa combined qualifier as the "pan-Arab" networks cover both regions? Other than that I can only think of doing some weird OOM tricks like the best 1-year performer who isn't already qualified.
USA and Canada one qualify form each country this year.

The Central America and Caribbean qualifier happened this year as it has always included South America

Name a single country which has an active local dart scene in North Africa or the Middle East.

Isn’t the pro tour oom already for the best players in a calender year.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Just catching up with the fact that the 2018 World Final was watched by 5 MILLION people across the UK, Netherlands and Germany.

That is absolutely sensational numbers.
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Expanded field for 2019 PDC world championship plus £700,000 prizefund incress

Post by Skewball »

Dannyboy wrote:Just catching up with the fact that the 2018 World Final was watched by 5 MILLION people across the UK, Netherlands and Germany.

That is absolutely sensational numbers.
Wait until the Chinese YouTube views come in for Lakeside......