Expanded field for 2019 PDC world championship plus £700,000 prizefund incress

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dreamboy501
Brass Darts

Re: Expanded field for 2019 PDC world championship plus £700,000 prizefund incress

Post by Dreamboy501 »

That's why the PDC are the best

ALL HAIL UNCLE BARRY!!!!

ALL HAIL THE PDC!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BOOM
Superleague Player

Re: Expanded field for 2019 PDC world championship plus £700,000 prizefund incress

Post by BOOM »

Duneh9617 wrote:
BOOM wrote:Doesn't need expanded surely. I like seeing players you don't see often and who have little chance of doing anything other than winning one game but there's enough of that already, sin't there? Honestly can't see the point of adding more players myself.

Obviously when those players gain more experience, over time they'll become capable of winning more than one game.

I really can't see the point of people complaining about the prelims and stuff all the time. This is the way to grow the game.
I'm not complaining - I like it. I'm just pointing out that these players never make an impact, so adding more of them doesn't make much sense. Unless "expanded field" means about 4 players, in which case it's no big deal. Plus I'm not sure that's true that these non-tour prelim players will become more capable of winning if the field's expanded. There certainly hasn't been much improvement since they first started havig these type of players in it. To reiterate though, I'm not slating them - I like seeing these players, I just don't see any point in adding a load more of them
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BOOM wrote:
Duneh9617 wrote:
BOOM wrote:Doesn't need expanded surely. I like seeing players you don't see often and who have little chance of doing anything other than winning one game but there's enough of that already, sin't there? Honestly can't see the point of adding more players myself.

Obviously when those players gain more experience, over time they'll become capable of winning more than one game.

I really can't see the point of people complaining about the prelims and stuff all the time. This is the way to grow the game.
I'm not complaining - I like it. I'm just pointing out that these players never make an impact, so adding more of them doesn't make much sense. Unless "expanded field" means about 4 players, in which case it's no big deal. Plus I'm not sure that's true that these non-tour prelim players will become more capable of winning if the field's expanded. There certainly hasn't been much improvement since they first started havig these type of players in it. To reiterate though, I'm not slating them - I like seeing these players, I just don't see any point in adding a load more of them
This isnt true whatsoever, imo.
Big Jock Knew
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

Ginge wrote:
BOOM wrote:
Duneh9617 wrote:

OK, let me rephrase it slightly then - there certainly hasn't been much of an increase in their impact on the tournament.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Duneh9617 wrote:

So one match a year on stage which can be a different player from one year to the next will provide adequate experience for the players to get better?

Surely the PDC would be better off ploughing say £400,000 into regional tours that provide regular tournaments for players to develop but also make them attractive enough for players to travel.

The CDC are developing in NA. brought Steve Brown on board linked into the JDC and formatted it’s youth to match PDC system for 2018 and will have an extra weekend in Canada this year. While the PDC provided them the opportunity to host qualifiers to the World Youths they haven’t to my knowledge endorsed the main tour. Do this and it gives it more credit. Link it in with Las Vegas so players can qualify from the tour etc. Make it so all the top NA will want to be at each event. If players have to throw better darts through more rounds they will be better prepared for the Europeans when they face them.

Likewise form some sort of tour in Asia, even combine with Aus and NZ. Japan have been allowed to stand still, and are still doing the same thing they did years ago. The Aussies who got the DPA tour up and running are now starting to see the rewards of it.
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

BOOM wrote:
Ginge wrote:
BOOM wrote:
Duneh9617 wrote:

OK, let me rephrase it slightly then - there certainly hasn't been much of an increase in their impact on the tournament.

Reyes, Petersen, Hopp, Suljovic, Cadby, came through the qualifiers at first. All became auite decent players, didn't they?
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

Duneh9617 wrote:
BOOM wrote:
Ginge wrote:
BOOM wrote:
Duneh9617 wrote:

Reyes, Petersen, Hopp, Suljovic, Cadby, came through the qualifiers at first. All became auite decent players, didn't they?
I don't understand the point you're making in the context of the point I made.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Didn't Suljovic play at lakeside? Max Hopp lost in World Cup youth final Ireland 2011 , you make it sound as if they had never picked up a dart before being in pdc .
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Can someone explain to houseboy that Ireland and the WDF are not the same as the BDO.

Irelands is not part of the BRITISH darts org,
The WDF is not part of the BDO, its the BDO that is part of the WDF.

Playing Darts in Ireland, Australia, Belgium etc is not part of the BDO, it may be part of the WDF.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

WCDPA wrote:Didn't Suljovic play at lakeside? Max Hopp lost in World Cup youth final Ireland 2011 , you make it sound as if they had never picked up a dart before being in pdc .
They like to wipe players history on here.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ifm wrote:
WCDPA wrote:Didn't Suljovic play at lakeside? Max Hopp lost in World Cup youth final Ireland 2011 , you make it sound as if they had never picked up a dart before being in pdc .
Of course, they like to take all the credit.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

The larger the prize fund the more protected the top players will be in the OOM, more monotony...........
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:The larger the prize fund the more protected the top players will be in the OOM, more monotony...........

yeah, as proved by Rob Cross this year :roll: :roll:
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:The larger the prize fund the more protected the top players will be in the OOM, more monotony...........

:DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:

?????? After the increase you fool..... you do worry me sometimes.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Well there is a good point there, a huge percentage of the prizemoney was mopped up by MVG and Taylor before him.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

ifm wrote:
"The record brekaing, history making FOURTEEN TIME CHAMPION OF THE WOOOOORRRLLLLD!"

I always correct McDonald when he says 16. :)
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Garry Murphy wrote:Can someone explain to houseboy that Ireland and the WDF are not the same as the BDO.

Playing Darts in Ireland, Australia, Belgium etc is not part of the BDO, it may be part of the WDF.
Would someone explain to the Irish peasant that before 2012 WDF events like World Cup and Europe cup awarded BDO points in the lakeside tables .
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Ginge wrote:
BOOM wrote:I'm not complaining - I like it. I'm just pointing out that these players never make an impact, so adding more of them doesn't make much sense. Unless "expanded field" means about 4 players, in which case it's no big deal. Plus I'm not sure that's true that these non-tour prelim players will become more capable of winning if the field's expanded. There certainly hasn't been much improvement since they first started havig these type of players in it. To reiterate though, I'm not slating them - I like seeing these players, I just don't see any point in adding a load more of them
I'm also not sure why one would expect massive improvement in the prelim round itself, because the whole point of it is to discover players who have the potential to play the full tour, at which point they won't be playing in the prelims anymore. The prelim participants will always mainly be guys who aren't there yet. (Dare I say "conveyor belt"?)

Mansell, Petersen, Gurney, Hopp, Lerchbacher, Reyes, Wattimena and Groen all appeared in the prelims before they went onto the full tour.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

WCDPA wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:Can someone explain to houseboy that Ireland and the WDF are not the same as the BDO.

Would someone explain to the Irish peasant that before 2012 WDF events like World Cup and Europe cup awarded BDO points in the lakeside tables .
You just have.