Will the Durrant story change darts?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Murphio
International

Re: Will the Durrant story change darts?

Post by Murphio »

Duterprat wrote:Answer to OP: no.
Precisely. It just served its purpose. Holding players over a barrel to protect its own interests is what the BDO has always done best.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Murphio wrote:
Precisely. It just served its purpose. Holding players over a barrel to protect its own interests is what the BDO has always done best.
I disagree. I think this year's open talk about it will change things in the long run. Might not be next year but I feel it will happen.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ChrisW wrote:
Murphio wrote:
I disagree. I think this year's open talk about it will change things in the long run. Might not be next year but I feel it will happen.
If you look at the history of the BDO I don't think there is anything whatsoever to say they will change their attitude that they don't owe players a living. I don't think they give a crap what is being commented on. As I have said all along the only way this will change is if the players show some backbone and force the board to bin the contract instead of just lining up every year with a pen in their hand.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Murphio wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Murphio wrote:
If you look at the history of the BDO I don't think there is anything whatsoever to say they will change their attitude that they don't owe players a living. I don't think they give a crap what is being commented on. As I have said all along the only way this will change is if the players show some backbone and force the board to bin the contract instead of just lining up every year with a pen in their hand.
Yes I agree. But as it is being talked about out in the open that may happen now.
TheSportsDean
Pub Champion

Post by TheSportsDean »

I can't recall. Were contracts in place when Bunting switched as champion? I remember an argument about forfeiting winnings back then.
I use Twitter, occasionally.... https://twitter.com/TheSportsDean

I also blog occasionally... http://thesportsdean.blogspot.co.uk/
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

hotspur wrote:I can't recall. Were contracts in place when Bunting switched as champion? I remember an argument about forfeiting winnings back then.
Yes. No need for Qschool though. Just keep switching a secret until cheque clears
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

It might change ...Durrant being openly disappointed at winning a match that kept him in the BDO....open discussions about players throwing matches in order to be able to leave....it doesn't look good and doesn't help when discussing TV contracts etc....

Having said that , the contract seems to have kept Durrant there and that will be a selling point for the BDO in any discussions so if I'm honest I don't think anything will change
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

I see in tennis the men's players are threatening a boycott of next year's Australian Open because they say prize money is less than 10% of the event revenue....and they are also unhappy at the women getting equal money.....

Is there a players group in the BDO that could stand up to the BDO regarding contracts etc.....and what revenue does the BDO make on Lakeside....or does the revenue go direct to Bob Potter as I assume it does..