Why Glen you should move to the PDC

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
RedBit
Brass Darts

Re: Why Glen you should move to the PDC

Post by RedBit »

Not sure where on the PDC Order of Merit he would have to be at to earn a similar or better living he does on the BDO?
Cheers,
:canada
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

RedBit wrote:Not sure where on the PDC Order of Merit he would have to be at to earn a similar or better living he does on the BDO?
A bit of a pointless argument, because it would rely on Glen winning £100k from the Lakeside Championship every year which won't happen.
Minty26
Brass Darts

Post by Minty26 »

PDC give him a card and end the madness.
Rutger
Feather Flights

Post by Rutger »

I wouldn't "give" such a player a Tour card. At one point he is nearly begging the PDC to let him join, another moment he is relieved (his own words) to stay BDO for life. :?
There's loads of other great players who would sacrifice a lot to even play for a Tour card.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Rutger wrote:I wouldn't "give" such a player a Tour card. At one point he is nearly begging the PDC to let him join, another moment he is relieved (his own words) to stay BDO for life. :?
There's loads of other great players who would sacrifice a lot to even play for a Tour card.
There are not loads of players who have won 2 x World championships and Winmau world masters though .
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

I think the Grand Slam is a big factor here. Durrant is the only player in the BDO that provides a creditable marketable rivalry between PDC and BDO.
Without him the GSOD becomes a total farce.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

WCDPA wrote:
Rutger wrote:I wouldn't "give" such a player a Tour card. At one point he is nearly begging the PDC to let him join, another moment he is relieved (his own words) to stay BDO for life. :?
There are not loads of players who have won 2 x World championships and Winmau world masters though .
Indeed, the PDC seems to be heartbroken to not have such a well-decorated player in their fold.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Astonvilla wrote:I think the Grand Slam is a big factor here. Durrant is the only player in the BDO that provides a creditable marketable rivalry between PDC and BDO.
Without him the GSOD becomes a total farce.
Utter tosh.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

24 men won over £100k how many of them won that amount of money winning nothing, no trophies, nothing on the sideboard to polish, but are happy hoovering up money polishing there ego of being a professional darts player with virtually zero chance of winning something, glen can polish a few trophies & have the satisfaction of being the best in his field on that day / week, meanwhile in pdc land the rob cross buns are extremely few & far between, ( tongue firmly in cheek)