Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: Poor show by the BDO

Post by ChrisW »

Murphio wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Duterprat wrote:
markymark wrote:Why isn't Jackie banned after rushing the stage at the WDT?
he should be thrown out because the poor people behind him can see fek thanks to that idiotic hat he always wears.
From PDC events also?
He gets a free Tshirt at PDC events for that kind of thing.
Was at the Hasselt event few months back and they love him.
As they should. Guy has infectious enthusiasm for the game.
Talk was all about the Jackie hat incident on the train in the UK.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Those prankster guys who got on the stage at ally pally could easily get on the lakeside stage.

seriously if they did and grabbed the trophy would that make massive changes to the set up at lakeside re the fans?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

You lot should of been there with me and Ade and got to know them as we did, at first sharing freindly glances over a glass of thatchers gold then later entering into jovial conversation about the exciting occaision and the amazing outfits they were dressed in. You would feel differently if you had met them. Such intelligent gorgeous people soaking up the incredible atmosphere. Unfortunately as darting virgins they were not to know that a quick picture on the stage would change the outcome of their night forever and I'll doubt now they will ever return.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
nevil22
Pub Champion

Post by nevil22 »

I stil can't get my head around why a group of lawyers who must be highly educated would want to go & watch a 2nd rate event. They just have their right to practise law taken away from them on the grounds of being mentally unstable
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

nevil22 wrote:I stil can't get my head around why a group of lawyers who must be highly educated would want to go & watch a 2nd rate event. They just have their right to practise law taken away from them on the grounds of being mentally unstable
Couldn't get tickets to Ally Pally so got the more easily available ones. ;)
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Maybe they didn't fancy getting showered in piss?
UKDA 4 Life
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Hobsons choice. They chose a venue that smells of stale piss instead.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Yet again Paddy shows his true colours. Everyone remember the time he encouraged people to allow Warren Brown to keep their ticket money 'for trying'? Now here he is making excuses for stage encroachment - which he himself stated could lead to a Monica Seles-type stabbing. Having defended Mr Potter over the health and safety lapses which led to a man dying at the venue, he has demonstrated what a lying, subversive hypocrite he really is. Is there is no levels this man will not stoop?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Murphio wrote:Yet again Paddy shows his true colours. Everyone remember the time he encouraged people to allow Warren Brown to keep their ticket money 'for trying'? Now here he is making excuses for stage encroachment - which he himself stated could lead to a Monica Seles-type stabbing. Having defended Mr Potter over the health and safety lapses which led to a man dying at the venue, he has demonstrated what a lying, subversive hypocrite he really is. Is there is no levels this man will not stoop?
Very good Murph, but not going to fool anyone. Firstly there was never any threat to players as he sat on the stage to get his photo taken as the stage was empty, secondly you are trying to compare a law abiding citizen to a group of demented activist.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Would I be right in suggesting Paddy that nobody has yet really grasped the point of the OP? :D
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:Yet again Paddy shows his true colours. Everyone remember the time he encouraged people to allow Warren Brown to keep their ticket money 'for trying'? Now here he is making excuses for stage encroachment - which he himself stated could lead to a Monica Seles-type stabbing. Having defended Mr Potter over the health and safety lapses which led to a man dying at the venue, he has demonstrated what a lying, subversive hypocrite he really is. Is there is no levels this man will not stoop?
Very good Murph, but not going to fool anyone. Firstly there was never any threat to players as he sat on the stage to get his photo taken as the stage was empty, secondly you are trying to compare a law abiding citizen to a group of demented activist.
But as you admitted on the Circus thread - no one expected Monica Seles to be stabbed in the back during a tennis match watched by a civilised crowd. Unfortunately these days with rampant terrorism and mental illlness, you can never be too sure that a stage encroacher doesnt have malicious intent. For all you know this 'lawyer' could have lost a very imnportant client the day before and decided to take his frustration out by killing a dart player. As a Lakeside veteran you should be supporting the security in tackling such dangers instead of encouraging them to turn a blind eye. It's very, very irresponsible and, sadly, is just adding to a long list of you defending the indefinsible. I have to ask myself exactly what your agenda is and who are you working for?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Thought I would share this with you all. As you may know I was at the home of darts on Wednesday, had a great day but my experience was marred by the actions of a BDO official.

Our crowd were dispersed over 3 tables and Gaydrian and myself were sat with a group of Lawyers, three fit birds and a couple of blokes if i remember correctly, anyway it was there first time at a darts event and they had dressed up accordingly and were having a great time. During one of the breaks one of the guys in this group jumped up on stage to get a photograph taken. he returned to his seat and not long after a member of the security team came over and warned him that he could not jump up on the stage and if he did it again he would be out. I thought fair enough this isn't the PDC and rules should be adhered too.

The guy in question was very apologetic and said that it would not happen again. A few moments later another security guy came over and told the man he must leave, I questioned the decision with the security personnel and he told me the decision had come from a BDO official and was final. Well they chucked the poor guy out and of course moments later the rest of his party promptly left.

Now this was a group of 5/6 professional people who were experiencing Lakeside for the very first time, I don't expect any will return again after the way they were treated. A very poor decision by the BDO official who ought of been encouraging new punters not scaring them away.....
You stated the reason in the first bit of paragraph two, the BDO would have known what tables we were all on and probably thought the poor sod was one of our lot. Like you said security had already warned him but the BDO looking for an excuse to throw some of us out but got the wrong people.
Frooty was read the riot act by security for giving Mason the wanker sign but that was fair enough and in the hotel afterwards the security were brilliant and were not going to pander to the BDO's wishes there.

An important note is that there are no signs not to go on stage and as a first timer the guy should have been cut a break which security would have done had he not been sitting on one of our tables.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The fiendish plan of a certain commentator failed then. Excellent :D
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:The fiendish plan of a certain commentator failed then. Excellent :D
Wasn't the commentator, in the hotel he was fine to chat at the bar no issues but a minute or so after a certain BDO tournament director arrived.............
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Poor show by the BDO

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:The fiendish plan of a certain commentator failed then. Excellent :D
Wasn't the commentator, in the hotel he was fine to chat at the bar no issues but a minute or so after a certain BDO tournament director arrived.............
Ah yes, Gumbo mentioned he made his "presence known" :D

Did he spot you?
Big Jock Knew
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Mason gave us a clap back on Wednesday night at the start - it was all good banter.
nikkiboy
International

Re: RE: Re: Poor show by the BDO

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ah yes, Gumbo mentioned he made his "presence known" :D

Did he spot you?
Thankfully there was a large sofa in the corner and I just managed to dive behind it in time :)
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

nikkiboy wrote:
Security man is top notch and next day at venue he was chuffed that you lads all thanked him as you left .
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

WCDPA wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Security man is top notch and next day at venue he was chuffed that you lads all thanked him as you left .
Will you be trying your ass off to get on TV again today Paul?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

WCDPA wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
It was the gentlemanly thing to do Paul, they guy did his job correctly and made a judgement call based upon our behaviour and not on the say so of one dictorial pensioner.