Poor show by the BDO

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Poor show by the BDO

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Thought I would share this with you all. As you may know I was at the home of darts on Wednesday, had a great day but my experience was marred by the actions of a BDO official.

Our crowd were dispersed over 3 tables and Gaydrian and myself were sat with a group of Lawyers, three fit birds and a couple of blokes if i remember correctly, anyway it was there first time at a darts event and they had dressed up accordingly and were having a great time. During one of the breaks one of the guys in this group jumped up on stage to get a photograph taken. he returned to his seat and not long after a member of the security team came over and warned him that he could not jump up on the stage and if he did it again he would be out. I thought fair enough this isn't the PDC and rules should be adhered too.

The guy in question was very apologetic and said that it would not happen again. A few moments later another security guy came over and told the man he must leave, I questioned the decision with the security personnel and he told me the decision had come from a BDO official and was final. Well they chucked the poor guy out and of course moments later the rest of his party promptly left.

Now this was a group of 5/6 professional people who were experiencing Lakeside for the very first time, I don't expect any will return again after the way they were treated. A very poor decision by the BDO official who ought of been encouraging new punters not scaring them away.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
markymark
County Player

Re: Poor show by the BDO

Post by markymark »

Why isn't Jackie banned after rushing the stage at the WDT?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Seems fair enough to me, if they were educated folk they should know you can't just get on the stage. Plus only one of them was asked to leave, the others merely followed.

Well done to the officials but yes, Jackie should have been thrown out the WDT for doing the same.
Big Jock Knew
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Thought this was going to be about the International Hotel when I saw the title.
UKDA 4 Life
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:Seems fair enough to me, if they were educated folk they should know you can't just get on the stage. Plus only one of them was asked to leave, the others merely followed.

Well done to the officials but yes, Jackie should have been thrown out the WDT for doing the same.
The problem is with darting virgin's such as these who have watched the antics on sky.......they probably thought they were doing nothing untoward. A warning would of sufficed on this occasion.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:Seems fair enough to me, if they were educated folk they should know you can't just get on the stage. Plus only one of them was asked to leave, the others merely followed.

The problem is with darting virgin's such as these who have watched the antics on sky.......they probably thought they were doing nothing untoward. A warning would of sufficed on this occasion.
:grin:
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Poor show by the BDO

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:

Eh? I would be 100% sure Paddy that any of the recent PDC stage invaders will also have been kicked out.
Really don't know where you are going with this one.
Big Jock Knew
O C
Superleague Player

Post by O C »

You have to nip this behavior in the bud. They were probably just a few pints away from chanting silly songs, slinging chairs, and throwing cups of urine around.
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

Can we refer back to this thread the next time BDO fanboys moan about when the BDO is brought into a PDC debate please?
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Ginge..... I think it is time you resurrected the thread where Paddy went apoplectic over the PDC's stage invader. I seem to remember Monica Seles even got a mention.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Murphio wrote:Ginge..... I think it is time you resurrected the thread where Paddy went apoplectic over the PDC's stage invader. I seem to remember Monica Seles even got a mention.
:D
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Eh? I would be 100% sure Paddy that any of the recent PDC stage invaders will also have been kicked out.
Really don't know where you are going with this one.
Its not the same at all......to get on the ally pally stage you have to circumnavigate crowd barriers and security......at Lakeside you can just walk up to the stage and sit on it. ..........
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Murphio wrote:Ginge..... I think it is time you resurrected the thread where Paddy went apoplectic over the PDC's stage invader. I seem to remember Monica Seles even got a mention.
Fools. In this case thete were no players on the stage....it was during a break......
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Fools. In this case thete were no players on the stage....it was during a break......
Could have left a bomb on stage. Or a landmine. These days you just never know.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
You stupid idiot.... :MAD:
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
I've got too good a memory for you Paddy. :grin:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
You are comparing chalk with cheese and you know it...............sitting on the Lakeside stage is as difficult as mounting a bar stool down at Grubbies.

Oh wait....... :DDD:
Last edited by Paddy McGinty on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Thought I would share this with you all. As you may know I was at the home of darts on Wednesday, had a great day but my experience was marred by the actions of a BDO official.

Our crowd were dispersed over 3 tables and Gaydrian and myself were sat with a group of Lawyers, three fit birds and a couple of blokes if i remember correctly, anyway it was there first time at a darts event and they had dressed up accordingly and were having a great time. During one of the breaks one of the guys in this group jumped up on stage to get a photograph taken. he returned to his seat and not long after a member of the security team came over and warned him that he could not jump up on the stage and if he did it again he would be out. I thought fair enough this isn't the PDC and rules should be adhered too.

The guy in question was very apologetic and said that it would not happen again. A few moments later another security guy came over and told the man he must leave, I questioned the decision with the security personnel and he told me the decision had come from a BDO official and was final. Well they chucked the poor guy out and of course moments later the rest of his party promptly left.

Now this was a group of 5/6 professional people who were experiencing Lakeside for the very first time, I don't expect any will return again after the way they were treated. A very poor decision by the BDO official who ought of been encouraging new punters not scaring them away.....
I blame you Paddy! As a veteran you should have been giving advice to these newbies.You've really let yourself down as I heard you wanted to schoon the drinks and food they had left behind!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

It's ridiculously easy to get on the field of play at a football pitch at the vast majority of club grounds, you don't see all the fans doing it at half time :D
Big Jock Knew
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: Fools. In this case thete were no players on the stage....it was during a break......
You are comparing chalk with cheese and you know it...............sitting on the Lakeside stage is as difficult as mounting a bar stool down at Grubbies.

Oh wait....... :DDD:
Paddy admitting the Lakeside security is a shambles, there.