Poor show by the BDO

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: Poor show by the BDO

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Thought I would share this with you all. As you may know I was at the home of darts on Wednesday, had a great day but my experience was marred by the actions of a BDO official.

Our crowd were dispersed over 3 tables and Gaydrian and myself were sat with a group of Lawyers, three fit birds and a couple of blokes if i remember correctly, anyway it was there first time at a darts event and they had dressed up accordingly and were having a great time. During one of the breaks one of the guys in this group jumped up on stage to get a photograph taken. he returned to his seat and not long after a member of the security team came over and warned him that he could not jump up on the stage and if he did it again he would be out. I thought fair enough this isn't the PDC and rules should be adhered too.

The guy in question was very apologetic and said that it would not happen again. A few moments later another security guy came over and told the man he must leave, I questioned the decision with the security personnel and he told me the decision had come from a BDO official and was final. Well they chucked the poor guy out and of course moments later the rest of his party promptly left.

Now this was a group of 5/6 professional people who were experiencing Lakeside for the very first time, I don't expect any will return again after the way they were treated. A very poor decision by the BDO official who ought of been encouraging new punters not scaring them away.....
I blame you Paddy! As a veteran you should have been giving advice to these newbies.You've really let yourself down as I heard you wanted to schoon the drinks and food they had left behind!
That happened last year, unfortunately this time they didn't leave sweet FA behind.........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote: Could have left a bomb on stage. Or a landmine. These days you just never know.
You stupid idiot.... :MAD:
I've got too good a memory for you Paddy. :grin:
You are comparing chalk with cheese and you know it...............sitting on the Lakeside stage is as difficult as mounting a bar stool down at Grubbies.

Oh wait....... :DDD:
Paddy admitting the Lakeside security is a shambles, there.
It's just not needed, it's a giant love in and everyone gets on fine.........i suppose after watching years of PDC darts you just can't comprehend that.......
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:It's ridiculously easy to get on the field of play at a football pitch at the vast majority of club grounds, you don't see all the fans doing it at half time :D
FFS Ginge everyone knows that the Football hooligans along with their stupid songs go to PDC events.
cobra
Steady Sixties

Post by cobra »

Surely it's not rocket science to realise that getting on the stage at an event without permission could result in being ejected from the venue?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

cobra wrote:Surely it's not rocket science to realise that getting on the stage at an event without permission could result in being ejected from the venue?
No it's certainly not rocket science, why would you even think that?
cobra
Steady Sixties

Post by cobra »

So it's not a surprise that the guy that went on stage got booted out then.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

cobra wrote:So it's not a surprise that the guy that went on stage got booted out then.
Yes it was a surprise, he was a Lawyer not a rocket Scientist.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Football shirts allowed at Lakeside. That could cause bother...
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: You stupid idiot.... :MAD:
I've got too good a memory for you Paddy. :grin:
You are comparing chalk with cheese and you know it...............sitting on the Lakeside stage is as difficult as mounting a bar stool down at Grubbies.

It's just not needed, it's a giant love in and everyone gets on fine.........i suppose after watching years of PDC darts you just can't comprehend that.......
Yes but as you said in the Circus thread; a crazed fan could get on stage and knife a player in the back. There is no accounting for mental illness. Its very concerning to hear of such a lax attitude to security in these modern times. The venue's lack of concern for health and safety has already caused one death at Lakeside.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Things I have seen at bdo events:

Jackie the hattie running on the stage at the wdt when players were on the stage. No action taken.

Paula j running up to the stage and shouting abuse at ted hanky. No action taken.

at the walk on (wdt ) Eileen De Graff was shaking hands with the fans and this guy pulled towards himself and kissed her fully on the lips. He tried to do it again. No action taken.

seems like the bdo are now taking action.

Btw: is this a true story paddy?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote: I've got too good a memory for you Paddy. :grin:

Yes but as you said in the Circus thread; a crazed fan could get on stage and knife a player in the back. There is no accounting for mental illness. Its very concerning to hear of such a lax attitude to security in these modern times. The venue's lack of concern for health and safety has already caused one death at Lakeside.
Yes but he would have a job in this case because there was no one on stage...........struth, give me strength.

Sitting on stage is by far safer than swimming in that lake.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

devosteve wrote:Things I have seen at bdo events:

Jackie the hattie running on the stage at the wdt when players were on the stage. No action taken.

Paula j running up to the stage and shouting abuse at ted hanky. No action taken.

at the walk on (wdt ) Eileen De Graff was shaking hands with the fans and this guy pulled towards himself and kissed her fully on the lips. He tried to do it again. No action taken.

What do you think Devo I make things up?
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: You are comparing chalk with cheese and you know it...............sitting on the Lakeside stage is as difficult as mounting a bar stool down at Grubbies.

Yes but he would have a job in this case because there was no one on stage...........struth, give me strength.

Sitting on stage is by far safer than swimming in that lake.
Yes but as you have acknowledged it is SO easy to get on that stage. Very concerning given Mr Potter's history of causing death on his property.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Paddy McGinty wrote:

Apologies for that. Maybe I got confused with folks saying that the real Patrick isn't the same as the one who posts, re his views on the bdo. I therefore say sorry and promise to buy you a pint of beer when we meet (wdt at Preston looks like a good forum meet up?).

got some thoughts on this. Understand bdo needing to take a stance (warning to others) but if warning from security was enough maybe board member should have let it go.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

JvT not being entitled to a share of the highest checkout was poor form

Either this was deliberate to stop a pdc youth player from making extra
or it was stupidity on the bdo part to think a youth player could not do as well

Either way its poor form
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

devosteve wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Apologies for that. Maybe I got confused with folks saying that the real Patrick isn't the same as the one who posts, re his views on the bdo. I therefore say sorry and promise to buy you a pint of beer when we meet (wdt at Preston looks like a good forum meet up?).

got some thoughts on this. Understand bdo needing to take a stance (warning to others) but if warning from security was enough maybe board member should have let it go.
My thoughts exactly.......a warning in this case was enough.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
devosteve wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

My thoughts exactly.......a warning in this case was enough.
Totally disagree. Unless the venue wants to have another tragedy on its hands, it needs to send out a firm message that encroaching on the stage is not acceptable - especially since it is SO easy to get to with a completely lax attitude to safety. It will be all to easy for some nutter that doesn't like beards to stab Wolfie in the back ala Monica Seles. Or what if Isis seen an opportunity to sneak a bomb between sessions into that Tardis size hole under the board where all the darts get lost? It gives me the icy shivers just thinking about it.
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

markymark wrote:Why isn't Jackie banned after rushing the stage at the WDT?
he should be thrown out because the poor people behind him can see fek thanks to that idiotic hat he always wears.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Duterprat wrote:
he should be thrown out because the poor people behind him can see fek thanks to that idiotic hat he always wears.
From PDC events also?
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ChrisW wrote:
Duterprat wrote:
From PDC events also?
He gets a free Tshirt at PDC events for that kind of thing.