PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
MrLil8
Pub Champion

Re: PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Post by MrLil8 »

BOOM wrote:On another note, Josh Payne's been very fortunate to get through with averages of 90, 90 and 87 and two defeats given that Hopp actually played pretty well overall.
Luck of the owd draw, init.
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

MrLil8 wrote:
BOOM wrote:On another note, Josh Payne's been very fortunate to get through with averages of 90, 90 and 87 and two defeats given that Hopp actually played pretty well overall.
Not even the draw - it's just pure luck of circumstance. Hopp's been unlucky in that Wright and Williams both only played well in one of their games and they were both against him. Hopp lost matches with a 96 and 97 average, whereas Payne didn't even average close to that in any game. Must be a bit grating to go out on leg difference in those circumstances to a player you actually beat in your game against them.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

BOOM wrote:
MrLil8 wrote:
Not even the draw - it's just pure luck of circumstance. Hopp's been unlucky in that Wright and Williams both only played well in one of their games and they were both against him. Hopp lost matches with a 96 and 97 average, whereas Payne didn't even average close to that in any game. Must be a bit grating to go out on leg difference in those circumstances to a player you actually beat in your game against them.
yes, I think it should come down to results against that player when two are tied.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Nothing surprising as to the way this tournament is developing. I was amazed when I saw screwball's thoughts about it going to be a good year for the BDO.
Last edited by ChrisW on Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:Nothing surprising as out the way this tournament is developing. I wad amazed when I saw screwball's thoughts about it going to be a good year for the BDO.
I expected at least 2 of the names from the perceived easier half of the draw the get through tbf.

Mitchell has just embarrassed himself, again, but will no doubt be ringing the Bournemouth Echo up later to tell them about his 104 average at the weekend.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

He didn’t average 104, that’s an error. 97 was the actual average
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Im sure he can find something else to crow about. "At least I won a game against the PDC #48", or something.
Big Jock Knew
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Ginge wrote:Im sure he can find something else to crow about. "At least I won a game against the PDC #48", or something.
I wouldn't worry, he'll be too busy preparing to head off to the Czech Republic for this weekend's Czech Open. Robbo planning to join him there as well!
dartsyoungun
The Ton Club

Post by dartsyoungun »

I am unsure about what exactly people expected from the BDO players. Even their top of the tree has not been playing regularly and the rest lets face it are amateur dart players moving up to play the professionals. Even the PDC lesser lights have that hard competition week in week out where the BDO lads have not. With Durrant not firing on all cylinders then the BDO challenge was never there in the first place. I do hope the likes of Williams and Unterbuchner go for a card as they have IMHO the potential to move further on. Of course Durrant could do but does he want to? the likes of Mitchell and McGeeney are just not good enough. Interesting to see what Big Robbo does he might just fancy a tilt at the PDC as he seems to be playing decent and could probably improve quite a lot with top opposition week in week out.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

BOOM wrote:
MrLil8 wrote:

Duzza lost two games 5-4 with a 97 and ton average - he should feel even more unluckier!!!
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

DavidB wrote:
BOOM wrote:
MrLil8 wrote:

Duzza lost two games 5-4 with a 97 and ton average - he should feel even more unluckier!!!
Indeed, he was unfortunate. Only difference is that the players who went through in that group didn't go through with a sub-90 overall average.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Do the Fanatics still think they fixed it for Whitlock to get two 170 checkouts in the same game then? :DDD:
Big Jock Knew
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Very disappointing as looking at how weak some of the groups looked I thought all four in that half of the draw had a good chance.

Durrant was unfortunate given he would have qualified easily in any other group and even here it took a freak performance to knock him out.

Hopefully one or two will get through tonight as it does maintain the interest in the tournament for me.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Ginge wrote:Im sure he can find something else to crow about. "At least I won a game against the PDC #48", or something.

Apparently the rest of the BDO players and himself were confused and asking backstage who all the crowd were as none of them remembered playing any of them in an earlier round ;)
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

el_ringo wrote:

Apparently the rest of the BDO players and himself were confused and asking backstage who all the crowd were as none of them remembered playing any of them in an earlier round ;)
[tweet]1062227384932413441[/tweet]
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote:Do the Fanatics still think they fixed it for Whitlock to get two 170 checkouts in the same game then? :DDD:

That was a massive joke, can’t believe people suggested that. Price & Whitlock went hammer and tong in that match. No one can accuse Price of not trying
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Nobilo
The Ton Club

Re: RE: Re: PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Post by Nobilo »

Skewball wrote:
BOOM wrote:
MrLil8 wrote:
yes, I think it should come down to results against that player when two are tied.
What about when three are tied?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

oche balboa wrote:
Ginge wrote:Do the Fanatics still think they fixed it for Whitlock to get two 170 checkouts in the same game then? :DDD:

That was a massive joke, can’t believe people suggested that. Price & Whitlock went hammer and tong in that match. No one can accuse Price of not trying
Seemed to be. Some people fall for anything.
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Post by Skewball »

Nobilo wrote:
Skewball wrote:
BOOM wrote:
MrLil8 wrote:
What about when three are tied?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
then as it is
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Good luck to the BDO lads this evening.