Heard a rumour? - Post it here
The Master
Superleague Player

Re: PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Post by The Master »

ChrisW wrote:
The Master wrote:
TheSandman wrote:
devosteve wrote:Ando's fans booing price.

ando fed into that.

Ando storms off without shaking hands because he lost.

ando the new Phil Taylor. Arrogant but popular.

well done price. Great victory.
Are you saying you would shake hands with price after all that bullshit??

You obviously don’t play much darts. Behaving like price would cause bother most places.
You always shake hands
I don't think either player made an effort to shake hands.
True
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
The Master wrote: You always shake hands
Correct. Anderson was the one out of order, flouncing off the stage.
The key question here is this: if price had lost would he have shaken ando 's hand? Probably imo.

But also if price had lost and walked off the stage in the heat of the moment would he had acknowledged ando's victory at the presentation? Definitely imo.

Can the ando fans on here not see, even if they dislike price's antics, that he was totally out of order as to how he acted re the presentation?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

trotter wrote:Price is too OTT there is no doubt about that...but he doesn't really take any longer retrieving his darts than other players.....I do feel the PDC need to have a word to tell him to calm it down a little bit..not much though.for if players like Anderson are going to react like that then it may cause crowd trouble which is not needed...God knows how Anderson would have handled Bristow though once Bristow knew he could wind him up..

Quite, if Anderson is prepared to give it in interviews and use tactics with other players then he should be able to take it - I’m sure he’s gone down a lot in peoples estimations tonight, shame.
DavidB
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Post by DavidB »

nikkiboy wrote:
devosteve wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Price is a complete and utter arsehole and if the PDC allow this kind of shite to infect the game it will find itself off the TV very soon.
Any thoughts on how Anderson acted? He likes to make his comments in interviews as well.

He can give it but he can't take it.

smug when wining, crying when losing. Gary 'the power ' Anderson
Watch the winning double again, price goes to the crowd, the markers then back to the crowd, at no point does he go to Gary to shake his hand. Do you want Gary to stand there for an hour whilst he faffs about?
I'm with sandman, price is an utter twat and bad for the future of the game.

Perhaps he would have shaken Anderson’s hand if he didn’t leave the stage??
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Price is a prick but he is what the PDC needs i feel. some drama is required
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

gm180 wrote:You just need to go on YouTube and type in Gerwyn Price incident and see what comes up, there's loads of them. Does that not tell yous everything? Surely he can't keep getting away with it?
I agree I think he over stepped the Mark In the final and Gary reacted which he should not have I don’t think it last we heard of this either
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

Gamesmanship wins the game once more here. Just imagine for one second you're up there on that stage trying to play a game of darts, and the bloke you're playing scores a ton, shouts loudly turning round in your face, turns to the crowd to shout at winning a leg, all whilst leaving your darts in the board.

How can there be a defence for Gerwyn Price? Very good player clearly, but winning through playing games and acting like a 5-year-old who's unwrapped a new Christmas present. get up, throw your darts, give a fist pump if a great score/meaningful moment and retrieve your darts. That is still entertaining and not boring. Mr Taylor did this for years and it was bloody great to watch.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

oche balboa wrote:Price is a prick but he is what the PDC needs i feel. some drama is required
If the future of darts is Price and Gurney then god help us!
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Addicks Fan wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Price is a prick but he is what the PDC needs i feel. some drama is required
If the future of darts is Price and Gurney then god help us!
Both more entertaining to watch than a lot of other players in televised events
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Price : the 1st Welsh man to win a pdc televised major (according to comms ). Is this correct?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

phil davies wrote:
WizardofozFan wrote:Gamesmanship wins the game once more here. Just imagine for one second you're up there on that stage trying to play a game of darts, and the bloke you're playing scores a ton, shouts loudly turning round in your face, turns to the crowd to shout at winning a leg, all whilst leaving your darts in the board.

How can there be a defence for Gerwyn Price? Very good player clearly, but winning through playing games and acting like a 5-year-old who's unwrapped a new Christmas present. get up, throw your darts, give a fist pump if a great score/meaningful moment and retrieve your darts. That is still entertaining and not boring. Mr Taylor did this for years and it was bloody great to watch.
No the better player won the game. Gary should have played better if he wanted to win. And like with Gurney at the Grand Prix Gary seems to be hearing voices that the TV seem to show are not happening.
Haha, so after throwing his first dart into the T20 he just magically stops because he's hearing things? What a ridiculous thing to say, seems to be every other game Price is having he's being out of order, you cannot defend his behaviour!
teddybreak
The Ton Club

Post by teddybreak »

Don't like the way Price acted on stage tonight. Anderson shouldn't have let it get to him as well though.

But Price even admitted on Dutch tv he did it to put Anderson off. That's not the direction that darts needs to go to, in my opinion.
MrLil8
Pub Champion

Post by MrLil8 »

Anderson is my favourite player, ever, but Price is fair game in what he does, AND he does throw the darts to back it up.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

The level of post match comment shows the interest his antics provoke. Bazza won't mind that one bit.

I was there on Friday for the Whitlock game.

Last 10 legs were watched very keenly by the Tournament Director from the side of the stage. Clearly it was not thought that he's transgressed any rules, or we'd have heard by now.

Yes he's a bit OTT but no-one claims to be put off by wild goal celebrations of players who weren't even the goalscorer on the soccer pitch.

Opponents need to play the board and their own scores, not bitch about losing.
O C
Superleague Player

Post by O C »

To be fair though, Price didn't have to score a goal to unhinge. Just throwing three decent darts was enough to set him off.
Don't like Price's antics, but Gary should have just stood back and let him finish, instead it all got to him as planned. Do feel Anderson rushed the oche when (as much as it pained him) he should have just let Price be Price, then stepped up for his own throw.
As for those who think Anderson was out of line at the end not shaking hands, I think if you are going to act out like Price, don't expect your opponent to be a better sportsman than you. I'm sure it didn't bother Price not to get a handshake.
MVG, Price, Anderson, its like WWE is scripting the PDC events lately!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ssjsa wrote:Yes. Get in there Gary.

Great bull finish to break Price.
Can we send out a search party? This was his last post...
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:
ssjsa wrote:Yes. Get in there Gary.

Great bull finish to break Price.
Can we send out a search party? This was his last post...
Extraordigerwyn.
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

This tournament has showed that the Welshman is an unsporting cheat. That is not the correct way to win tournaments by clearly obstructing your opponents.

I'm not saying this because he has won against a player of whom I'm a big fan.

For a little less than that Adrian Lewis was suspended from the UK Open Qualifiers earlier this year so I do hope that steps are taken by the authorities in this direction with regards Gerwyn Price.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BeppeBergomi wrote:This tournament has showed that the Welshman is an unsporting cheat. That is not the correct way to win tournaments by clearly obstructing your opponents.

I'm not saying this because he has won against a player of whom I'm a big fan.

For a little less than that Adrian Lewis was suspended from the UK Open Qualifiers earlier this year so I do hope that steps are taken by the authorities in this direction with regards Gerwyn Price.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
So you are ignoring Anderson encroaching and pushing then, eh?
Big Jock Knew
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Yes