PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Post by Ginge »

I thought it was cracking and I'm not a fan of either. Would rather see a bit of needle like that rather than just two emotionless robots throw.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

The amount of seething and crying this win for Gezzy has caused makes it even more satisfying,
Darts has always been full of needle and mindgames. Look at Jocky, Bristow, Taylor, Ted etc etc. If the opponents can't handle it, then that's their weakness.
People need to dry their eyes and deal with it.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Spot on. Darts has a story now. Was a great watch and the needle made it even better.
Looking forward to the next time these two meet. Shame there are in the wrong half in the Players Championships.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Ginge wrote:I thought it was cracking and I'm not a fan of either. Would rather see a bit of needle like that rather than just two emotionless robots throw.
I agree for most part but Price goes beyond the point of sportsmanship imo. Saying that he won and fair do's. Hopefully they will cross paths at Ally Pally? Part of me also hopes Ando stuck one on him backstage.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

DavidOwen67 wrote:The amount of seething and crying this win for Gezzy has caused makes it even more satisfying,
Darts has always been full of needle and mindgames. Look at Jocky, Bristow, Taylor, Ted etc etc. If the opponents can't handle it, then that's their weakness.
Interesting take on things? Suppose excuses can be made for many misdeanor?
nikkiboy
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote:This tournament has showed that the Welshman is an unsporting cheat. That is not the correct way to win tournaments by clearly obstructing your opponents.

I'm not saying this because he has won against a player of whom I'm a big fan.

For a little less than that Adrian Lewis was suspended from the UK Open Qualifiers earlier this year so I do hope that steps are taken by the authorities in this direction with regards Gerwyn Price.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
So you are ignoring Anderson encroaching and pushing then, eh?
As soon as price's 3rd dart hits the board his throw has concluded and he needs to clear the oche. You have moaned for years how slow Mitchell is to retrieve his darts calling him a cheat, what's different here?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
whatty180
Brass Darts

Post by whatty180 »

I enjoyed the game last night but Price is too OTT for me. I dont mind the giving it the big one at end of legs and match but shouting after he has hit a ton makes him look like a prize whopper. He is a professional for christ sake so hitting a ton should be the norm not worthy of a lap of honour.
I also think Gary played on the crowds animosity of Price and even though he was encroaching was always going to come out the good guy becuase of previous antics. List is getting longer of who Anderson is falling out with on stage so makes you wonder if he is part of it.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote:This tournament has showed that the Welshman is an unsporting cheat. That is not the correct way to win tournaments by clearly obstructing your opponents.

For a little less than that Adrian Lewis was suspended from the UK Open Qualifiers earlier this year so I do hope that steps are taken by the authorities in this direction with regards Gerwyn Price.

As soon as price's 3rd dart hits the board his throw has concluded and he needs to clear the oche. You have moaned for years how slow Mitchell is to retrieve his darts calling him a cheat, what's different here?
Nothing really. Its about how the other player deals with it and Anderson threw his toys out the pram. Dont recall anyone doing that with the Cow Botherer.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

There is a world of difference between ambling up and taking your darts out and shouting in someones face after hitting a ton 40.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

craigmc wrote:
Ginge wrote:I thought it was cracking and I'm not a fan of either. Would rather see a bit of needle like that rather than just two emotionless robots throw.
I agree for most part but Price goes beyond the point of sportsmanship imo. Saying that he won and fair do's. Hopefully they will cross paths at Ally Pally? Part of me also hopes Ando stuck one on him backstage.
That would not be going beyond the point of sportsmanship would it :)
xtreme rebel
County Player

Post by xtreme rebel »

Not a peep from Anderson when he led 7-4 and throwing for 8-4. Price’s celebrations are well known, deal with it. Anderson began to blow up and then began to get mouthy with Price. Twice he had a go off Price as he took his darts from the board and walked back - if Anderson wants to throw before Price has passed his line of sight, that’s not Price’s fault.

Anderson will rue this one. Mentally weak on this one, and it’s cost him a huge event.

Well done to Price. Played good darts all week. And played well all day today. This is a huge event to win, only a few players have won it.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ssjsa I see you are online, let us know you are OK xxxx
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Meanwhile...

tonight proves why pdc is a circus - a rugby player wins with his mouth not his arm - i blame bristow for this - anderson never could deal with pressure - why he failed at lakey and threw his darts in the lakeside lake - how many games did adams win yith his mouth - how many did lowe - or duzza - none - thats why they are te tture greats of the game -

robson
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Good edit of some of the key wobbles. (Comms in German)

Baswai
Brass Darts

Post by Baswai »

I think Anderson was actually winning this game untill 12-9 for him. But then Price really got into his head with all the expression on stage. I actually really like the personality stuff, it is more entertaining then a mediocre darter (which Price is compared to Anderson) just turning up throwing his darts and go to the slaughter. Which we often see in finals when one of the top 16 players has to play the absolute pro's like Anderson and Van Gerwen (Taylor in the past).

Maybe tonight Price took it too far but that will certainly backfire on him then. If you get booed like this by the public and that continues it surely will hurt you and will get into your mind. It could well be that it will take a long time before we see another major win by price if he wins one. Or he indeed is as cool as his name (The Iceman) suggests and it doesn't affect him.

Anderson should focus on his own game and ignore all the cheering clownesk Price and just slaughter him. It was his failure Price got into his mind and he should have the experience to win this.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote:Ssjsa I see you are online, let us know you are OK xxxx

Probably composing chapter and verse on all sorts of matters... :grin:
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Mitchell plays in the BDO that’s what’s different
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Hnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg!!!!
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

BlueSpark wrote:There is a world of difference between ambling up and taking your darts out and shouting in someones face after hitting a ton 40.

You what?? Of course there is no difference.

And actually Price wasn't shouting in Anderson's face except for the times when Anderson decided to get too close to Price...
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

DavidOwen67 wrote:The amount of seething and crying this win for Gezzy has caused makes it even more satisfying,

Your last few posts have been spot on sir!!!