PDC Asia Tour

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC Asia Tour

Post by Skewball »

MancheStar wrote:Wonder if Taylor will turn up promoting the PDC Asia tour it starts in 2 weeks and he’s playing in japan soft tip soon.
I doubt it. He seems to have cut all ties with pdc so has no motivation to spend his own money hanging around. Maybe it's surprising he has not signed an ambassador type deal with pdc.
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Re: PDC Asia Tour

Post by MancheStar »

Thought Taylor had lot of shares in the PDC so surely it would benefit him to help launch these new PDC Asia events.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Keep up

HE SOLD THEM
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

oche balboa wrote:Keep up

HE SOLD THEM
Really never heard that
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

HE SOLD THEM

Really.

I would say he hasn’t as I seen a letter in Jan with the amount of shares people have and his name was on it, Unless he sold after the date on the letter.

Worth quite a bit now
JFT97
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Bag Carrier wrote:

HE SOLD THEM

Really.

I would say he hasn’t as I seen a letter in Jan with the amount of shares people have and his name was on it, Unless he sold after the date on the letter.

Worth quite a bit now
Think it was confirmed a few months ago when the full list of shareholders was submitted to CH.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

he is no longer a shareholder
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Skewball wrote:he is no longer a shareholder

And he picked up £1m for selling them back to PDC.

which is probably why is he relatively pissed off with them (rumour has it).
I mean, if you think that you are almost wholly responsible for the success of darts and the PDC (and this is probably what he thinks) then would you think £1m is enough for what you have contributed......... ..???
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Ginge wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

HE SOLD THEM

Really.

Worth quite a bit now
Think it was confirmed a few months ago when the full list of shareholders was submitted to CH.

The letter I seen was the letter the shareholders get with what there yearly income is from the shares they hold and what each share is currently worth.

He was defo on it cuz the person who had the letter pointed out to me how many Mr T had and that he had xxx amount off him years ago for xxx amount of money.
JFT97
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PDC Asia Tour

Post by Ginge »

Bag Carrier wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

HE SOLD THEM

Really.

Worth quite a bit now

The letter I seen was the letter the shareholders get with what there yearly income is from the shares they hold and what each share is currently worth.

He was defo on it cuz the person who had the letter pointed out to me how many Mr T had and that he had xxx amount off him years ago for xxx amount of money.
This document (bottom of page 2) lodged at CH in November confirmed he sold them on the 10th April 2017 and now holds none:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... download=0
Big Jock Knew
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Skewball wrote:
Skewball wrote:he is no longer a shareholder

And he picked up £1m for selling them back to PDC.

which is probably why is he relatively pissed off with them (rumour has it).
I mean, if you think that you are almost wholly responsible for the success of darts and the PDC (and this is probably what he thinks) then would you think £1m is enough for what you have contributed......... ..???
If that's what they are worth, and he chose to sell them back. Then yes that is fair for what he contributed to. If he didn't like the price why not keep them?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Bag Carrier wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

HE SOLD THEM

Really.

Worth quite a bit now

as of April last year he is not a shareholder. It's all in black and white on Companies house.
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PDC Asia Tour

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

HE SOLD THEM

Really.

Worth quite a bit now

This document (bottom of page 2) lodged at CH in November confirmed he sold them on the 10th April 2017 and now holds none:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... download=0

ah yes, missed this, there you go. In black and white.

and he got £1m for them (thats in the Accounts)
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Not disputing he has sold them.

Just saying his name was there, Maybe it was there and I didn’t see the bit hat he had transferred them.

I know 100 shares is worth around £120k+
JFT97
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Bag Carrier wrote:Not disputing he has sold them.

Just saying his name was there, Maybe it was there and I didn’t see the bit hat he had transferred them.

he would have received the dividends for the last year if he still held them on or before the 'ex div' date. I'm sure he would have sure he held them until just after this date, hence why he would appear on a distribution list (a few days/weeks after ex div date
) even though by then he had sold them.

This gets into an interesting debate about what the PDC is worth as a Company. Prepare yourself.......... :grin: :grin: :grin: :fishing :darts

It is a private company so the shares are worth what someone is prepared to pay, a bit like a house.You just never know until it actually goes on sale :) And if you are looking to sell your minority shares in a Private Company it is even harder to value, and find some prepared to buy a minority holding at a value that you would think fair.

It would appear Phil got £1.093m for his 1,237 shares. So £884 each (I'm rounding here so don't get pedantic!). This would value the Company at £13.4m. (total shares (at the time) of 15,109 x £884). On a company with an annual profit (after tax) of £3.8m then this multiple (3.5) seems relatively low. But, we are talking about a minority holding which drags the value of those particular share down quite considerably so you need to think about what the Company would be worth if it was 100% sold.

If you did say 100 shares was worth £120k (assuming its based on the shares in issue before the Company bought back Taylors), that would be £1,200 per share and so a Company valuation of £18.13m, and so a P/E ratio of 4.8. That would seem a realistic, but not exciting valuation). Taylor therefore 'only' suffered a discount of nearly 30% for selling a minority share holding, which sounds too good to me, a discount of 70%+ is not unreasonable for a sub 10% holding. More likely therefor the Company is valued higher...

A P/E ratio of 10 (Profit After Tax. say 8 before Tax) is not daft for a high profile private company. This is around £37.5m in total based on latest accounts. This is roughly equating to £2,480 per share, (before Taylor's were sold) and so Taylor suffered a 65% discount for selling a minority share, much more in line with expectations.

We even have an extra indicator of value for the shares because the PDC pays a dividend. It was £99 per share last year, giving a yield of 8.3% (sounds a bit high) on a value of £1,200 and 4% of a value of £2,490 per share, which feels much more benchmark and helps support a higher valuation (FTSE 100 around 3.5 - 4% at a guess).

Anyway, I would think a value of £2,500 per share is closer to what Barry would want to sell the Company for rather than £1,200 . But its 100% subjective and only worth what someone is prepared to pay!

And I know I'm rambling and opening myself to all the usual abuse on here about numbers, being an accountant blah blah blah :grin: :grin: , but I do actually know a bit about this having gone through it in 'real life' and didn't even need Google.
But its also subjective so feel free to disagree, there is no right answer :)
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

didn't bristow have shares back in the day as well ?
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Garry Murphy wrote:didn't bristow have shares back in the day as well ?
all shareholders:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docu ... a%2F1AU%3D
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Bristow 150 shares. Worth £132k if he persuaded the Company to buy them back like Taylor did.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Skewball wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:didn't bristow have shares back in the day as well ?
all shareholders:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docu ... a%2F1AU%3D

link not working for me
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Skewball wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:Not disputing he has sold them.

he would have received the dividends for the last year if he still held them on or before the 'ex div' date. I'm sure he would have sure he held them until just after this date, hence why he would appear on a distribution list (a few days/weeks after ex div date
) even though by then he had sold them.

This gets into an interesting debate about what the PDC is worth as a Company. Prepare yourself.......... :grin: :grin: :grin: :fishing :darts

It is a private company so the shares are worth what someone is prepared to pay, a bit like a house.You just never know until it actually goes on sale :) And if you are looking to sell your minority shares in a Private Company it is even harder to value, and find some prepared to buy a minority holding at a value that you would think fair.

It would appear Phil got £1.093m for his 1,237 shares. So £884 each (I'm rounding here so don't get pedantic!). This would value the Company at £13.4m. (total shares (at the time) of 15,109 x £884). On a company with an annual profit (after tax) of £3.8m then this multiple (3.5) seems relatively low. But, we are talking about a minority holding which drags the value of those particular share down quite considerably so you need to think about what the Company would be worth if it was 100% sold.

If you did say 100 shares was worth £120k (assuming its based on the shares in issue before the Company bought back Taylors), that would be £1,200 per share and so a Company valuation of £18.13m, and so a P/E ratio of 4.8. That would seem a realistic, but not exciting valuation). Taylor therefore 'only' suffered a discount of nearly 30% for selling a minority share holding, which sounds too good to me, a discount of 70%+ is not unreasonable for a sub 10% holding. More likely therefor the Company is valued higher...

A P/E ratio of 10 (Profit After Tax. say 8 before Tax) is not daft for a high profile private company. This is around £37.5m in total based on latest accounts. This is roughly equating to £2,480 per share, (before Taylor's were sold) and so Taylor suffered a 65% discount for selling a minority share, much more in line with expectations.

We even have an extra indicator of value for the shares because the PDC pays a dividend. It was £99 per share last year, giving a yield of 8.3% (sounds a bit high) on a value of £1,200 and 4% of a value of £2,490 per share, which feels much more benchmark and helps support a higher valuation (FTSE 100 around 3.5 - 4% at a guess).

Anyway, I would think a value of £2,500 per share is closer to what Barry would want to sell the Company for rather than £1,200 . But its 100% subjective and only worth what someone is prepared to pay!

And I know I'm rambling and opening myself to all the usual abuse on here about numbers, being an accountant blah blah blah :grin: :grin: , but I do actually know a bit about this having gone through it in 'real life' and didn't even need Google.
But its also subjective so feel free to disagree, there is no right answer :)
Well that's all gone straight over my head.
Shares that you don't know what they are worth when you sell them? Now I know why I don't have any.
They do a sharesave scheme at work, you can put a max of £500 a month in. Something about guaranteed lower buying price and a 3 year run on them. Sure the other lads bought them at 330p? Now worth 670 odd.
But my company is being sold to a private equity firm so that will end later in the year anyway.