PDC Asia Tour

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Skewball
International

Re: PDC Asia Tour

Post by Skewball »

BlueSpark wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:Not disputing he has sold them.

Just saying his name was there, Maybe it was there and I didn’t see the bit hat he had transferred them.

I know 100 shares is worth around £120k+
he would have received the dividends for the last year if he still held them on or before the 'ex div' date. I'm sure he would have sure he held them until just after this date, hence why he would appear on a distribution list (a few days/weeks after ex div date
) even though by then he had sold them.

This gets into an interesting debate about what the PDC is worth as a Company. Prepare yourself.......... :grin: :grin: :grin: :fishing :darts

It is a private company so the shares are worth what someone is prepared to pay, a bit like a house.You just never know until it actually goes on sale :) And if you are looking to sell your minority shares in a Private Company it is even harder to value, and find some prepared to buy a minority holding at a value that you would think fair.

It would appear Phil got £1.093m for his 1,237 shares. So £884 each (I'm rounding here so don't get pedantic!). This would value the Company at £13.4m. (total shares (at the time) of 15,109 x £884). On a company with an annual profit (after tax) of £3.8m then this multiple (3.5) seems relatively low. But, we are talking about a minority holding which drags the value of those particular share down quite considerably so you need to think about what the Company would be worth if it was 100% sold.

If you did say 100 shares was worth £120k (assuming its based on the shares in issue before the Company bought back Taylors), that would be £1,200 per share and so a Company valuation of £18.13m, and so a P/E ratio of 4.8. That would seem a realistic, but not exciting valuation). Taylor therefore 'only' suffered a discount of nearly 30% for selling a minority share holding, which sounds too good to me, a discount of 70%+ is not unreasonable for a sub 10% holding. More likely therefor the Company is valued higher...

A P/E ratio of 10 (Profit After Tax. say 8 before Tax) is not daft for a high profile private company. This is around £37.5m in total based on latest accounts. This is roughly equating to £2,480 per share, (before Taylor's were sold) and so Taylor suffered a 65% discount for selling a minority share, much more in line with expectations.

We even have an extra indicator of value for the shares because the PDC pays a dividend. It was £99 per share last year, giving a yield of 8.3% (sounds a bit high) on a value of £1,200 and 4% of a value of £2,490 per share, which feels much more benchmark and helps support a higher valuation (FTSE 100 around 3.5 - 4% at a guess).

Anyway, I would think a value of £2,500 per share is closer to what Barry would want to sell the Company for rather than £1,200 . But its 100% subjective and only worth what someone is prepared to pay!

And I know I'm rambling and opening myself to all the usual abuse on here about numbers, being an accountant blah blah blah :grin: :grin: , but I do actually know a bit about this having gone through it in 'real life' and didn't even need Google.
But its also subjective so feel free to disagree, there is no right answer :)
Well that's all gone straight over my head.
Shares that you don't know what they are worth when you sell them? Now I know why I don't have any.
They do a sharesave scheme at work, you can put a max of £500 a month in. Something about guaranteed lower buying price and a 3 year run on them. Sure the other lads bought them at 330p? Now worth 670 odd.
But my company is being sold to a private equity firm so that will end later in the year anyway.
You should do sharesave, usually works out well and usually risk free. Never too late...
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

They open it up at certain points, not open for new starters yet.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Entry list now at 126. Not all are playing both events. 1week till entry deadline.

Kai Fen Leung and Zong the young Chinese lad from the Worlds now on the list.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

phil davies wrote:No Indians on the list yet thought maybe Amit Gilitwala might give it a go. Good to see Zong on the list was impressive at the worlds considering how poor the chinese qualfiers before him were.
Is Gilitwala now based in England?
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

phil davies wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
phil davies wrote:No Indians on the list yet thought maybe Amit Gilitwala might give it a go. Good to see Zong on the list was impressive at the worlds considering how poor the chinese qualfiers before him were.
Is Gilitwala now based in England?
No idea. Either way you would hope that at least one Indian would do some of this Asian tour could Prakash get away with doing it?
I'm sure a tile is that you need a passport from a country in Asia to enter. Think IFM can confirm but he doesn't have one
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

Seems to be a lot of players from mainland China added to the updated list.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

189 players for the first weekend of events which start Saturday. Not worked out the split for each event.

A load of Mongolian players are signed up but no other new nations. Will be interesting to see how the race to the World Cup pans out. There aren't a lot of players from Singapore on the list and Hadith Lim is one that's missing.

Illagan is on the list now.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

phil davies wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:189 players for the first weekend of events which start Saturday. Not worked out the split for each event.

A load of Mongolian players are signed up but no other new nations. Will be interesting to see how the race to the World Cup pans out. There aren't a lot of players from Singapore on the list and Hadith Lim is one that's missing.

Illagan is on the list now.
Strange how darts seems to be so big in Mongolia remember one of them lost in the EADC qualifier for the worlds a few years maybe if a few do well we could see them at the WC of darts.
Think one lost in the final of one of the Asian qualifiers last year for the worlds as well.
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

With the top 4 from the pdc tour order of merit plus the Chinese qualifier and I can imagine the pdj will still get there place as usual aswell.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

DartConnect ever advancing its coverage. The PDC Asia events going to using the software.
mik252
Pub Champion

Post by mik252 »

Quarter Final line-up for event 1:
Lourence Ilagan v Christian Perez
Benedicto Ybanez v Noel Malichdem
Lihao Wen v Royden Lam
Yuki Yamada v Yuya Higuchi

So 4 players from the Philippines, 2 from Japan and 1 each from China and Hong Kong in the quarters.

Paul Lim lost 5-0 to Seigo Asada in the last 64, who in turn lost 5-0 to Yamada in the last 32 round.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

First tournaments well under way with 4 Filipino throwers into the last 8. Perez, Illagan, Lam all still going.

Lam beat muramatsu in the 1st round

Mid 80averages seems to see players through but found. Few 90+

https://tv.dartconnect.com/event#t-pdcasia18t12
Last edited by The Jolly Man on Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

If you go professional darts Asia Facebook page they are streaming the matches
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Lam v Higuchi
Ilagan v Malicdem
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

If anyone is interested:-

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Lam played well there.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

best of 9 isn't good though, were there a few hundred entrants?

Madsocks
mik252
Pub Champion

Post by mik252 »

9 darter in the final from Malicdem.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

mik252 wrote:9 darter in the final from Malicdem.
Using the HD.

Madsocks
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

mik252 wrote:9 darter in the final from Malicdem.
From the averages he seemed to be the best player during the whole tournament.